• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Satan really evil

Machavelle

If Satan is Evil, why did one third of the Angels of heaven take his side in the fight against the Archangel Michael.

That is a vast number, he must of had something going they agreed with.

He was Lucifer, the most beautiful and greatest of all the Angels, he sat besides God, yet God failed to notice this Evil.

Surely he did not along with the other one third become Evil overnight.

Tumah

Veteran Member
If Satan is Evil, why did one third of the Angels of heaven take his side in the fight against the Archangel Michael.

He was Lucifer, the most beautiful and greatest of all the Angels, he sat besides God, yet God failed to notice this Evil.

This comment seems to be directed at a specific religious group that believes in the events you've described. Would you care to name them?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Where are you getting your (mis)information from?

Ralphg

The 1/3 part of 'fallen' angels is part of the Trinity; Good - Evil - Balance or White - Black - Colors.
You can't really see it as 'something they consious agreed with' same like you can't say you are a human and not an animal because you 'agreed' with that, it's simple the 'stucture' on the '3th' level.

Lucifer is not the same as Satan. Here are the 7 sins or 7 emanations of 'Evil'/'Black':

• Mammon: greed - avarice (avarouse) & covetousness (covetise)
  • Asmodeus: lust (leccherouse) - later reported as using the name Asmodeum

Both are 'working forces' on a certain (lower than the '3th' level).

Machavelle

The 1/3 part of 'fallen' angels is part of the Trinity; Good - Evil - Balance or White - Black - Colors.
You can't really see it as 'something they consious agreed with' same like you can't say you are a human and not an animal because you 'agreed' with that, it's simple the 'stucture' on the '3th' level.

Lucifer is not the same as Satan. Here are the 7 sins or 7 emanations of 'Evil'/'Black':

• Mammon: greed - avarice (avarouse) & covetousness (covetise)
  • Asmodeus: lust (leccherouse) - later reported as using the name Asmodeum
Both are 'working forces' on a certain (lower than the '3th' level).

What

outhouse

Atheistically
You do realise they do not see it as mythology right, so let the believers answer.

Believer will do so in a million ways. That is not what matters as much as the source of the mythology and the context the text was written in.

The myths were written for specific reasons that do not require a literal entity.

And your asking about satan is very vague. Are you asking about the Jewish satan the adversary? or the Christian version, or the islam version, they are all different.

The OT only has what 13 references?, how much imagination do you want to discuss on how people read into these verses?

Many Christians look at the NT text on this topic metaphorically, do you really care what literalist posit?

Ralphg

1/3 of the Angels are 'White', 1/3 'Black' and 1/3 'Colored' or you can also see it as 1/3 Good, 1/3 Evil and 1/3 To keep the Balance.
If I understand you correctly you assume that Angels have a choise which side to choose. I'm telling you they don't have a choice, they simple are exactely where they 'are supposed to be'. The Powers above them (call it God or All or maybe even this Trinity in itself) decided for them before they were created where to place them. The 7 'leaders' of the 'Black' or 'Evil' (Lucifer, Belzebub, Satan, ect.) are created to make a certain distinction WITHIN the 1/3 'Black' or 'Evil'. So those 7 are - what I call - on a 'lower level'.

Machavelle

I simply wish to know how people can view one as pure evil, after he held such a high position in heaven.

And why Angels would follow him if he was evil, one third is a great deal.

Are Angels ignorant, and how did Angels choose to follow him when they have no free will.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

You should read The Urantia Book for a fresh perspective.

Machavelle

1/3 of the Angels are 'White', 1/3 'Black' and 1/3 'Colored' or you can also see it as 1/3 Good, 1/3 Evil and 1/3 To keep the Balance.
If I understand you correctly you assume that Angels have a choise which side to choose. I'm telling you they don't have a choice, they simple are exactely where they 'are supposed to be'. The Powers above them (call it God or All or maybe even this Trinity in itself) decided for them before they were created where to place them. The 7 'leaders' of the 'Black' or 'Evil' (Lucifer, Belzebub, Satan, ect.) are created to make a certain distinction WITHIN the 1/3 'Black' or 'Evil'. So those 7 are - what I call - on a 'lower level'.

Where did you read this

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Lucifer has no place in the Abrahamic paradigm, he is not Satan and/or Devil. The word Lucifer is found in only one place in the Christian bible ‑‑ Isaiah 14:12 ‑‑ but only in the King James and related versions: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning?"

The King James Version is based on the Vulgate, the Latin translation of Jerome. Jerome translated the Hebrew helel (bright or brilliant one) as "Lucifer," which was a reasonable Latin equivalent. The association is clearly in regards to the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar and is in reference to the Morning Star which is a title that Jesus uses for himself as well.

Revelation 22:16: "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."