• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Lucifer an Aspect of God

arthra

Baha'i
if there is an Absolute, or 'el' the most high, can anything exist apart from it, like satan?

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

The Baha'i view is that "satan" does not have any ontological reality but rather is a symbol of the lower or base nature of men.

The reality underlying this question is that the evil spirit, Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man. This baser nature is symbolized in various ways

(Abdu'l-Baha, Foundations of World Unity, p. 77)

If God shackles all forms of harm
there is no freewill

This is a somewhat silly notion imo. Humans are shackled from all manner of things. For example, if I have free will, then why can I not freely choose to live 1000 years? Why can I not freely choose to be impervious to the extremes of heat and cold? Why can I not be free to live without the need to eat or drink?

A God could grant all those things to humans yet doesn't. Therefore what justice or benevolent end is achieved through allowing humans to be the subject of extreme suffering? Suffering from each other (torture, rape, grevious harm etc) or suffering from Nature (earthquakes, eruptions, droughts, floods etc) and so on.

We don't actually have free will at all. We exist in a cage, we are kept ignorant, kept reliant and dependent. We are born into slavery and kept in check all through life.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is a somewhat silly notion imo. Humans are shackled from all manner of things. For example, if I have free will, then why can I not freely choose to live 1000 years? Why can I not freely choose to be impervious to the extremes of heat and cold? Why can I not be free to live without the need to eat or drink?

A God could grant all those things to humans yet doesn't. Therefore what justice or benevolent end is achieved through allowing humans to be the subject of extreme suffering? Suffering from each other (torture, rape, grevious harm etc) or suffering from Nature (earthquakes, eruptions, droughts, floods etc) and so on.

We don't actually have free will at all. We exist in a cage, we are kept ignorant, kept reliant and dependent. We are born into slavery and kept in check all through life.
I believe the peace of heaven is guarded
harm will not be allowed
shackle applied

as for the earth.....God gave Man dominion
take that away....no freewill on earth

as for living without need of substance.....
next life

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
if there is an Absolute, or 'el' the most high, can anything exist apart from it, like satan?

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Can Lucifer exist apart from man?
II Petri 1:19 Biblia Sacra Vulgata (VULGATE)

19 et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris

2 Peter 1:19 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

19 So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.