• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge of God natural knowledge?

AppieB

I would like to discuss natural knowledge and the knowledge of God.
This is my understanding when I say “natural knowledge”. My Tibetan Book of the Dead, I Ching, Bible, and other religious texts have taught me that God’s existence is something that is self proving. We are born with knowledge of His existence; it in intrinsic knowledge. Attachment to suffering, ego, and material life clouds our vision. Knowledge of God is something that can be obscured.
God becomes clear when we detach ourselves from our ego; this is the process of discovering God.
Do theists agree that knowledge of God is natural knowledge? What do atheists think of this concept? Does it seem silly?
How do you define knowledge? How do you know that this knowledge of God is true?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
The heavenly stars/lights/weapons is Mohammad (s) and his family (a) and the context in Quran CLEARLY proves that, but the SORCERY keeps people from perceiving
You said you were going to "prove" this SORCERY, but all you did was claim that there is SORCERY.

and the tafsirs talking about physical stars are laughable like you said.
Glad you agree that the claim that stars/shooting stars are missiles against devils is laughable.
Unfortunately, it is a claim made by Allah in the Quran! (37:6, 67:5).
Perhaps you should read it?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ahlulbayt (a) are the missiles against Iblis forces like hadiths show as well as the context (for example see Surah Hijr). They are the heavenly sky if you would but perceive.

KWED

Not using that, but I haven't research original,
If you are claiming that because an object looks like it was designed, then there must be a designer, then you are using Paley's Watchmaker.

maybe it too took a strawman version like all others do in western academia.
I love how clearly delusional internet dwellers claim to have discovered truths overlooked by millions of man hoers of scientific research. It is bordering on the paranoid.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you are claiming that because an object looks like it was designed, then there must be a designer, then you are using Paley's Watchmaker.

The version western Academia says he presents, is in terms of complexity. If something is super complex, it must be designed. But since evolution and other things supposedly can account for complexity in what appears to be designed, it's been disproven. A watch also we know is designed for other then it's complexity but the type of material. So evolution gives account of biology, yada, yada, refutation. I'm aware. You keep condescendingly talk to me like I'm ignorant.

However, I have not read the original, and I know western Academia is not good at presenting arguments for God as they were originally presented. So I don't know even know if that is his original argument.

KWED

Ahlulbayt (a) are the missiles against Iblis forces like hadiths show as well as the context (for example see Surah Hijr). They are the heavenly sky if you would but perceive.
So Allah shoots Muhammad and his family at interfering Jinn? Something like this?
human_cannonball.jpg

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So Allah shoots Muhammad and his family at interfering Jinn? Something like this?
human_cannonball.jpg

More like if God gives me them permission to do so, and intercession only happens by God's permission, they cut and slice and come at the forces of evil with mighty force. And yes it's sort of like missiles the way they come at them.

RestlessSoul

I believe all people know deep in side of them that God is real, some just don't want to accept it.

Not sure about that. I think there are also those who would dearly love to believe, but for whatever reason simply cannot.

We all have our own path to follow; someone on this forum, can’t remember who, recently said we all get to where we are meant to be in the end. I hope that’s true. It’s quite a good argument for reincarnation really, as it might take some of us several lifetimes to find our way back to the place where, perhaps, we all began.

KWED

You keep condescendingly talk to me like I'm ignorant.
Really? No idea how you got that impression.

However, I have not read the original, and I know western Academia is not good at presenting arguments for God as they were originally presented. So I don't know even know if that is his original argument.
But you are happy with "western academia's" work on transport, engineering, communications, computing, medicine, etc? You accept all of that.
Convenient.

KWED

More like if God gives me them permission to do so, and intercession only happens by God's permission, they cut and slice and come at the forces of evil with mighty force. And yes it's sort of like missiles the way they come at them.
In a previous thread, you claimed that Allah does not take action against Ibis, devils, etc.
Now you claim that he uses a kind of Super Muhammad superhero to fight Iblis.
This is what happens when you make stuff up as you go along. You end up contradicting yourself.

KWED

Seriously, what do you get out of ridiculing another human being’s sincere desire to find meaning and value in his life?
Seriously, what do you get out of ridiculing another human being’s sincere desire to ridicule ridiculous claims?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In a previous thread, you claimed that Allah does not take action against Ibis, devils, etc.
Now you claim that he uses a kind of Super Muhammad superhero to fight Iblis.
This is what happens when you make stuff up as you go along. You end up contradicting yourself.

I will clarify this in detail, he can destroy them all completely, but the hour is their time of punishment, and not this world. So when they hit them, they don't hit them with full force and don't annihilate them, though they can.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@KWED try to taking refuge in God by God's Name from Satan and his whispering and forces, the household of Mohammad (s) is currently God's Name and connection to him, see if you feel anything different or if anything special happens. Let me know.

KWED

I will clarify this in detail, he can destroy them all completely, but the hour is their time. So when they hit them, they don't hit them with full force and don't annihilate them, though they can.
So at the moment Allah is shooting Super Muhammad at Iblis, but it has no effect, even though it could. And so billions are sent to hell unnecessarily, despite the only reason for Allah creating us is so that we can worship him. It is more important to Allah that Iblis is allowed to misguide people than it is for Allah to guide us to the truth.
That makes perfect sense. I can see why you are so passionate about it now.

KWED

@KWED try to taking refuge in God by God's Name from Satan and his whispering and forces, the household of Mohammad (s) is currently God's Name and connection to him, see if you feel anything different or if anything special happens. Let me know.
So you want me try try believing in a god I know doesn't exist to see if that helps me believe.
And how do you suggest I do that?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So at the moment Allah is shooting Super Muhammad at Iblis, but it has no effect, even though it could. And so billions are sent to hell unnecessarily, despite the only reason for Allah creating us is so that we can worship him. It is more important to Allah that Iblis is allowed to misguide people than it is for Allah to guide us to the truth.
That makes perfect sense. I can see why you are so passionate about it now.

All they have to do is seek refuge in God by God's Name(s) - the house that God has permitted to be exalted and purified in people's eyes in this time. It's simple, how easy, it is to beat Iblis forces. But if people don't want the light and hate it, nothing God can really do, he won't force them to it.