• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is knowledge of God natural knowledge?

Could you explain how the world around us is evidence of gods?

Bible tells God created this world. We can see all the creations, therefore we have evidence for that God created. Obviously you could claim the reason is something else, still, if God created, creation is what would be the evidence for it and for the Creator.

The Bible. You should read it. It is quite interesting.

If you can't show the exact scripture, I don't believe you have it.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Bible tells God created this world. We can see all the creations, therefore we have evidence for that God created. Obviously you could claim the reason is something else, still, if God created, creation is what would be the evidence for it and for the Creator.

If you can't show the exact scripture, I don't believe you have it.

I believe differently.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Could you explain how the world around us is evidence of gods?

Bible tells God created this world. We can see all the creations, therefore we have evidence for that God created.

That's not evidence though, and it explains nothing, it's a fine example of a circular reasoning fallacy though.

Calling something creation doesn't remotely evidence it's been created. So no, we can't "all see creations". Though some people choose to believe this, then wrongly assert their belief is evidence for itself.

That's not evidence though, and it explains nothing, it's a fine example of a circular reasoning fallacy though....

Unfortunately everything seems to be either circular, regressive or dogmatic. If you expect something more, I don't think you ever will get that. But I would like to know, do you think you have something that solves Münchhausen trilemma?

"The Münchhausen trilemma is that there are only three ways of completing a proof:
The trilemma, then, is the decision among the three equally unsatisfying options."
Münchhausen trilemma - Wikipedia

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Unfortunately everything seems to be either circular, regressive or dogmatic. If you expect something more, I don't think you ever will get that. But I would like to know, do you think you have something that solves Münchhausen trilemma?

"The Münchhausen trilemma is that there are only three ways of completing a proof:
The trilemma, then, is the decision among the three equally unsatisfying options."
Münchhausen trilemma - Wikipedia

It's a question for philosophers clearly, but did you read the article you linked?

"In contemporary epistemology, advocates of coherentism are supposed to accept the "circular" horn of the trilemma; foundationalists rely on the axiomatic argument. The view that accepts infinite regress is called infinitism.

Karl Popper's suggestion was to accept the trilemma as unsolvable and work with knowledge by way of conjecture and criticism."

However this is clearly circular reasoning and a begging the question fallacy:

Bible tells God created this world. We can see all the creations, therefore we have evidence for that God created.

You've assumed your conclusion a priori, by called everything creation, then using circular reasoning insist "creation" requires a creator.