• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus the Son of God?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe I did that for her but her real problem is that she only had head knowledge of Christianity and no real relationship with Jesus.

I agree that Faith is about the relationship with Jesus and a heart connection. It must go much deeper than mere thoughts. In fact it should be the animating force of our lives.

I believe not all science is realty. Much of it is fantasy.

This world wide web is real. The electrical networks that power our homes, the aeroplanes that fly people at high speed around the world, the skyscrapers....do I need to continue. By their fruits ye shall know them. Good science brings tangible results. Bad science doesn't rate.

I don't believe I see any reason not to.

Consider how the church for over a thousand years believed the earth to be the centre of the universe. Do you believe the church made a mistake? The evidence against creationism is overwhelming. Recognising the power of science frees our mind from the superstition of religion, and religion frees our hearts from the materialism of science.

believe both religion and science can make mistakes. Epilepsy can be shown to have a physical cause but mental illness is little understood and most psychologists refuse to believe in spiritual matters which means they are operating on superstition.

Its important to acknowledge the limitations of religious and scientific thought. I agree that there are many psychologist who do not acknowledge a spiritual dimension to psychological problems. You may be surprised to know I practised psychiatry for 7 years so have certainly seen the limits of the medical model. Still, I wouldn't want to see any of may patients near an exorcist! Great inspiration B grade movies though.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Consider how the church for over a thousand years believed the earth to be the centre of the universe. Do you believe the church made a mistake? The evidence against creationism is overwhelming. Recognising the power of science frees our mind from the superstition of religion, and religion frees our hearts from the materialism of science.

It's seriously so good to see a worshipper of the Abrahamic god saying this for once. ^ Winner ^

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
It's seriously so good to see a worshipper of the Abrahamic god saying this for once. ^ Winner ^

I'm just reflecting the sacred teachings of the Baha'i faith. :)

There is no contradiction between true religion and science. When a religion is opposed to science it becomes mere superstition: that which is contrary to knowledge is ignorance.

(‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Paris Talks)

While the religion of God is the promoter of truth, the founder of science and knowledge, it is full of goodwill for learned men; it is the civilizer of mankind, the discoverer of the secrets of nature, and the enlightener of the horizons of the world. Consequently, how can it be said to oppose knowledge? God forbid! Nay, for God, knowledge is the most glorious gift of man and the most noble of human perfections. To oppose knowledge is ignorant, and he who detests knowledge and science is not a man, but rather an animal without intelligence. For knowledge is light, life, felicity, perfection, beauty and the means of approaching the Threshold of Unity. It is the honor and glory of the world of humanity, and the greatest bounty of God. Knowledge is identical with guidance, and ignorance is real error.

(‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Some Answered Questions)