• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven?

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven?

• Yes!

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • No!

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • There is no Heaven.

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Met0047 said:
No ,Jesus is not the only way to the GOD because he is one of a very big group of messengers and prophets like moses,abraham,ishamael,jacop,adam,isaac,joseph/knoah and MUHAMMAD the last one .Other wise, the were sent by the same message revealed from the same GOD .And we all must believe in them all without any distinguish and that way is only to be a muslim.
An interesting attitude, but while you do indeed list many names, it's worth noting that Unitarians and Baha'is both generally accept more names than you do, and WITHOUT attaching any sort of 'only way" restriction!

Regards,

Bruce

bhakthi

Bhakthi-
For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Anyone who believes in Him is not judged, but anyone who does not believe is already judged, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”John;.3:17,18

5“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him." 3:36

AtheistAJ

It's a good thing there are no afterlives, as all those who want to go to a heaven would go to a hell because of their greedy desire to go to heaven.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
AtheistAJ said:
It's a good thing there are no afterlives, as all those who want to go to a heaven would go to a hell because of their greedy desire to go to heaven.

Heaven is a result of "hope", not greed. I don't fault people for hoping. I do fault people for not living their lives well here on earth because they have an eternal "get out of jail free card".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bhakthi-
For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.Anyone who believes in Him is not judged, but anyone who does not believe is already judged, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”John;.3:17,18
5“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him." 3:36
So then all the people who asked for a sign from Jesus and never got one are all burning in hell because there call was never answered?

AtheistAJ

Luke Wolf said:
So then all the people who asked for a sign from Jesus and never got one are all burning in hell because there call was never answered?
Well god is said to have abandoned Jesus ("God oh my god, why have thy forsaketh me?" or something like that). So if that was the case what makes you Christians sure you're not braking up the wrong cross? What if Jesus double-crossed thee? :D

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
NetDoc said:
It doesn't matter if you believe in the Bible or not. The truth is the truth whether you accept it or not.

Many have condemned God & Jesus for condemning "half of the world". We condemned ourselves. Jesus has come to save us, not condemn us.

When the Carpathia arrived on the scene of the Titanic's demise, none of the victims condemned it for not rescuing EVERYONE. They had already been condemned to their watery graves, but the Carpathia intervened in the best way it knew how and saved as many as it could. There was no sacrifice on the part of the Carpthia except some time.

It's the same with God. Jesus is the only way to be saved, so why condemn him for it? In fact, God gave his only son to save us. The ultimate in sacrifice.

Another fine answer from the NetDoc.... :bounce

Popeyesays

I don't think that the Titanic can be compared to the salvation or condemnation of mankind.

If Jesus was the only vessel of God's grace to ever appear it would only go to show that the purpose of God was placed in incompetent hands, since Jesus has no opportunity to save everyone personally. He lived a finite life on earth and had finite opportunity.

If Jesus was the ONLY way, then this means Jesus personally failed.

If you mean that the grace of God is the only way, then there is no personal failure.

When Abdu'l Baha visited North America, he had travelled from the port of Haifa to Alexandria, then from Alexandria to Southhampton.
There he had been provided with tickets for the Titanic's sailing. He thanked those responsible joyously but turned the tickets in for less ostentatious travel abord the RMS Cedric (also owned by White Star Lines).

Shortly after his arrival in New York he spoke to the assembled Baha`i's and said this:
"Today I have been speaking from dawn until now, yet because of love, fellowship and desire to be with you, I have come here to speak again briefly. Within the last few days a terrible event has happened in the world, an event saddening to every heart and grieving every spirit. I refer to the Titanic disaster, in which many of our fellow human beings were drowned, a number of beautiful souls passed beyond this earthly life. Although such an event is indeed regrettable, we must realize that everything which happens is due to some wisdom and that nothing happens without a reason. Therein is a mystery; but whatever the reason and mystery, it was a 47 very sad occurrence, one which brought tears to many eyes and distress to many souls. I was greatly affected by this disaster. Some of those who were lost voyaged on the Cedric with us as far as Naples and afterward sailed upon the other ship. When I think of them, I am very sad indeed. But when I consider this calamity in another aspect, I am consoled by the realization that the worlds of God are infinite; that though they were deprived of this existence, they have other opportunities in the life beyond, even as Christ has said, "In my Father's house are many mansions." They were called away from the temporary and transferred to the eternal; they abandoned this material existence and entered the portals of the spiritual world. Foregoing the pleasures and comforts of the earthly, they now partake of a joy and happiness far more abiding and real, for they have hastened to the Kingdom of God. The mercy of God is infinite, and it is our duty to remember these departed souls in our prayers and supplications that they may draw nearer and nearer to the Source itself."
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 47)

Regards,
Scott