• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven?

Is Jesus The Only Way To Heaven?

• Yes!

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • No!

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • There is no Heaven.

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
so I'm just going to take someone elces word that he said this and that he was telling the truth?

Why didn't god mention this fact to my people when he came and gave us our ways?

Creator: "ps, in a few thousand years I'm sending my son to a part of the world that you'll never see, tousands of miles away, to tell you guys how to get in heven."
Native Americans: "oh... well what do we do till then?"
Creator: "er... I don't know... just behave I guess..."
Native Americans: "um...k.. so how do we reccongnize him when he shows up."
Creator: "well... your not actually going to meet him, see he's going to die for everyones sins"
Native Americans: "what are sins?"
Creator: "nevermind... anyway some guys are going to write down his teachings in a book and eventually some people will show up to give you the book."
Native Americans: "what are books?"
Creator: "huh? oh right... well you'll find out...er.. well your great, great, great, great and so on grandkids will find out."
Native Americans: "so if we cant get into heaven untill this guy shows up, why is he going to be so late?"
Creator: "geeze... you know, nevermind... oi vey."

wa:do

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
glasgowchick said:
Jesus is the only way to go...He is the way the truth and the life...He said so. :jiggy:
Do you mean all prophets before him weren't the way too for thier people? :sarcastic

The way that supposed to lead them to heaven through worshiping God.

Scott1

painted wolf said:
so I'm just going to take someone elces word that he said this and that he was telling the truth?
Hehe... good post... sorry some Christians seem to think God is "locked up" inside their little Bibles.

Jesus was more (to us) than a person in a story, he was God incarnate.... and thus was around to guide the first men and women of our species, their ancestors that Native people of North America and all lands, the Greeks, the Egyptians etc etc.

"Whatever its source, truth is of the Holy Spirit." St. Thomas Aquinas

God is truth. God is love. God is divine mercy... and will welcome home all of his children whom seek Him sincerely and strive to fulfill his will.

Boltwave

Scott1 said:
Hehe... good post... sorry some Christians seem to think God is "locked up" inside their little Bibles.

Jesus was more (to us) than a person in a story, he was God incarnate.... and thus was around to guide the first men and women of our species, their ancestors that Native people of North America and all lands, the Greeks, the Egyptians etc etc.

"Whatever its source, truth is of the Holy Spirit." St. Thomas Aquinas

God is truth. God is love. God is divine mercy... and will welcome home all of his children whom seek Him sincerely and strive to fulfill his will.
Wow, I have never heard it explained like that before in such clear words I could understand. That was amazing. :eek:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Boltwave said:
Wow, I have never heard it explained like that before in such clear words I could understand. That was amazing. :eek:
Doesn't it send a lovely warm glow around you ?:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NorthStar86 said:
I believe that Jesus is one of many ways to reach Heaven. Of course, it also depends on how one defines Heaven/Hell, etc.
you said, in your intro, that you are 'eclectic' - do you mind my asking what are the 'components' of your belief ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Creator: "ps, in a few thousand years I'm sending my son to a part of the world that you'll never see, tousands of miles away, to tell you guys how to get in heven."
Native Americans: "oh... well what do we do till then?"
Creator: "er... I don't know... just behave I guess..."
Native Americans: "um...k.. so how do we reccongnize him when he shows up."
Creator: "well... your not actually going to meet him, see he's going to die for everyones sins"
Native Americans: "what are sins?"
Creator: "nevermind... anyway some guys are going to write down his teachings in a book and eventually some people will show up to give you the book."
Native Americans: "what are books?"
Creator: "huh? oh right... well you'll find out...er.. well your great, great, great, great and so on grandkids will find out."
Native Americans: "so if we cant get into heaven untill this guy shows up, why is he going to be so late?"
Creator: "geeze... you know, nevermind... oi vey."
That brings up a question. After Jesus died, what would have happened to the souls of the people in far off lands that had no way of hearing about Jesus. A God that would automatically send them to hell because of that, I see as being very self-centered and an egomaniac.

Aurelian

Jesus probably never even said he was the only way, you know? I mean would you listen to someone who said that to your face back then? I think later on people just fabricated his teachings into making it seem as if he was more than a man, and that you must listen to him to obtain special knowledge and eternal life.

If you believe this jesus is the only way to heaven, your being ignorant of the fact that many holy men and gods also have their divine message to humanity in a much more tolerant tone. So if you believe in jesus good for you, I hope you go to him, more power to you.

Alexander said:
I'm always told, by the various religious leaders at my church wanting me to be baptized, that Jesus paid for our sins. He paid our debt, our fine, in full.

The thing that doesnt add up for me is that our punishment for a life of even relative sin, or just not knowing God due to geographical inconvience, is an eternal punishment in hell. Three days is not an eternity. And that was with the weight of the whole worlds sins on his shoulders.

So how is that supposed to pay for our "debt"? Is there any scripture that deals with this?
Eternal punishment in hell is not just for sin, its also for not believing in Jesus Chrsit.

John 3:15-18 "That everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, tht whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because He has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Hebrews 7:23-27 "Now ther have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them. Such a high priest meets or need - one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for His own sins, then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when He offered Himself.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

In the OT, a sacrifice of a lamb or red heifer and such were required for the forgiveness of sins. This was required because sin demands death, a crime was committed and somebody must pay, and so God settled for, in a sense, an animal sacrifice. Christ had to come and die as the "perfect sacrifice" as the "Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." He took all our sins upon Himself, He took the punishment we deserve. The Judge gave up His own Son so that we may come to Him, Christ gave His very life so that we may spend eternity with Him. He loves us so much that He gave His all. God bridged "the gap" with His Son. He conquered sin and death when He rose from the grave! Jesus experienced pain, suffering, rejection, death, for us. I am overwhelmed by the thought of that. That Jesus would die for somebody like me. He has saved me and sent me free! I know true freedom! I really, honestly wish that everybody would come to Christ Jesus, not just to "be converted" but something deeper, to experience a relationship with the God that loves them.

- David

That brings up a question. After Jesus died, what would have happened to the souls of the people in far off lands that had no way of hearing about Jesus. A God that would automatically send them to hell because of that, I see as being very self-centered and an egomaniac.
I believe, if I remember correctly, they will be judged by their concious (spelled that wrong... oh well...)

Are you not doing that with your current religion?

- David

How do christians explain the physical death and body of Jesus, when all throughout scripture Jesus seems to have more an illusionary appearance and body to him, that's not actually real. I personally believe it was a cloak of magical illusion, so I don't believe Jesus ever suffered or felt any pain other than emotionally. The gnostics used to say Jesus laughed when the soldiers were crucifying him, because they actually believed they were killing him
Isaiah 50:6 "I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting."

Isaiah 52:14 "Just as there were many who were appalled at Him - His appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and His form marred beyond human likeness.

Isaiah 53:5 "But He was piereced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.

Matthew 26:38 "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death."

Luke 22:44 "And being in anguish, He prayed more earnestly, and His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground."
Note: Possibly hematidrosis, the actual mingling of blood and sweat as in cases of extreme anguish, strain, or sensitivity.

when all throughout scripture Jesus seems to have more an illusionary appearance and body to him, that's not actually real. I personally believe it was a cloak of magical illusion

What do you base that on? Which Scriptures?

Jesus probably never even said he was the only way, you know? I mean would you listen to someone who said that to your face back then? I think later on people just fabricated his teachings into making it seem as if he was more than a man, and that you must listen to him to obtain special knowledge and eternal life.

If you believe this jesus is the only way to heaven, your being ignorant of the fact that many holy men and gods also have their divine message to humanity in a much more tolerant tone. So if you believe in jesus good for you, I hope you go to him, more power to you.
John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

If I heard Him claim that, I can almost guarntee I would have believed it.

What people fabricated His teachings? How could they? The earliest manuscripts are 25 years from Jesus' death, so don't you think that people would have objected if people had changed His teachings? There were thousands affected by His ministry.

There is no "special knowledge", read the Bible, right there is your "knowledge".

What "holy men and gods have sent there diving message to humanity in a much more tolerant tone"?

Mind if I ask? Who is good for you?

- David

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Are you not doing that with your current religion?
nope... I deal with creator on a one on one basis. :D
I seek advice and help from my elders (more years of experience you see) but ultimately it is up to me to work it out.

Deut 13:1

JesusIsTheWay said:
Why is that?

Personally, I believe that because the Bible says it.
The bible also says: zachor at yom ha-shabat le-kadsho. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.

Do you follow the 39 prohibations regarding the Sabbath?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
nope... I deal with creator on a one on one basis. :D
I seek advice and help from my elders (more years of experience you see) but ultimately it is up to me to work it out.

And there is nothing much wrong with that - from what I know of you through your posts, Painted wolf. Your heart is in the right place.;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I believe, if I remember correctly, they will be judged by their concious (spelled that wrong... oh well...)
So does that mean that, if a Native American who lived 2000 years ago died, then they would go to thier place for the after-life?

Met0047

No ,Jesus is not the only way to the GOD because he is one of a very big group of messengers and prophets like moses,abraham,ishamael,jacop,adam,isaac,joseph/knoah and MUHAMMAD the last one .Other wise, the were sent by the same message revealed from the same GOD .And we all must believe in them all without any distinguish and that way is only to be a muslim . Thanks

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
+++MOD POST+++

Please note that this thread is in the "Discussion: Comparative Religion" section, and not the "Religious Debates" section. Thank you.

++++++++++