• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it wrong to advocate homosexuality as a sin?

Mr Cheese

An alcoholic attacks people who try to help him as well. But again, I won't enable him any more than I will enable homosexuals. If you want to continue leading homosexuals straight on the path to hell, you're free to do so.

The following story is about pride....

Change the emphasis on pride to one who is convinced that they need to point out that homosexuality will lead one to hell...and we have you, Carico.

But you are blinded by your need to be mighty mouse (here you come to save the day) that you cannot see that you simply spread hatred. In the end though I think you may just be a troll.

“A learned and charitable man had constant problems with pride. He was
told that if he could learn to be humble, he would become a perfect
person. The man listened to the advice and dedicated himself to the
study of the questions of humility until he knew, almost by heart, all
the recommendations to avoid pride. One day, someone failed to show
him due deference. The man who thought himself humble, came to the
person and said, “You fool! Don’t you realize since I learned about
humility, I am a man of perfect character, deserving respect?”
–The Kabbalah of Envy

Last edited:

Carico

No, I really don't. Lust isn't a value for me at all, much less my highest. What I do value: loyalty, honor, honesty, love, generosity, family. Beauty and meaning and poetry. Life in all its terrible glory. God and truth and wisdom.

But of course, you'll deny that I know my values better than you. You have to, in order to maintain your hatred.

:D:D Everybody says that, including serial killer Eileen Wornos who killed 8 people! "He who exalts himself will be humbled." Indeed. Once a person has himself on as high a pedestal as you do, unfortunately, there's only one direction to go; downward. That's why one can never trust a boaster because the boaster is always out to serve himself. ;)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
:D:D Everybody says that, including serial killer Eileen Wornos who killed 8 people! "He who exalts himself will be humbled." Indeed. Once a person has himself on as high a pedestal as you do, unfortunately, there's only one direction to go; downward. That's why one can never trust a boaster because the boaster is always out to serve himself. ;)
I am neither boasting nor exalting myself. I'm simply stating what I value.

You, otoh, claim to know the mind of God.
pot_kettle.jpg

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because people of the same gender cannot breed together, which is obvious.:rolleyes:
Indeed. Which makes me wonder why you apparently think they breed at a higher rate unmarried than married.

It also encourages homosexuality in the children of same-sex marriages which will increase the homosexual population enormously in future generations.
Ah... so you think that societal acceptance of homosexuality will increase the incidence of homosexuality... and not just slightly, "enormously"? I'm sure that you have an extraordinary amount of evidence to substantiate this extraordinary claim. Please share.

Unfortunately, most people don't know the difference between lust and love so neither will their children. :eek:
If you've never seen love between two people of the same gender, then I can only assume that your life experience is quite limited. Suffice to say, same-sex couples are quite capable of expressing love, real love, for one another. There are a number of people here who can personally attest to loving their same-sex partner... though you may have warded them off with your vitriol.

Carico

I am neither boasting nor exalting myself. I'm simply stating what I value.

You, otoh, claim to know the mind of God.
pot_kettle.jpg

Another boast. ;) But you're still putting your sexual appetite above everything else or you wouldn't try to justify acting on it. ;)

I admit I sin and know my sins well. I neither justify them or boast about them. do you admit you sin? Of course not. You think you're sinless so once again, the only direction you can go is downward.

gnomon

Wrong. Even if you deliberately ignore the bible, or change God's Word into the opposite, we know by the biological make-up of males and females that they were created to be sexually attracted to each other to produce offspring. That means that sexual relations between humans and animals, people of the same gender, between adults and young children, or any other sexual relationship is un-natural and thus a perversion. And nothing can change that. You can't alter the laws of nature without serious consequences to nature itself.

Let's look closer at this statement:
we know by the biological make-up of males and females that they were created to be sexually attracted to each other to produce offspring.

Then why are there women born male and incapable of reproducing?

I've asked this question numerous times of people who take this so called naturalistic view of homosexuality being wrong and they cannot answer this question.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Another boast. ;) But you're still putting your sexual appetite above everything else or you wouldn't try to justify acting on it. ;)
No, I really don't. Not that it's any of your business, but I haven't had sex in three years, despite numerous oppurtunities. ETA: Not to mention intense sexual frustration. I hate being celibate. :( I'm also intensely monogamous.

The difference between you and I is that I regard all sexuality, which of course includes my own, as a sacred gift of God; whereas in your sad, narrow world, it's something dirty and perverse. I cherish my sexuality as its holiness demands, and refuse to sully it with either casual dismissal or outdated notions of sin.

I admit I sin and know my sins well. I neither justify them or boast about them. do you admit you sin? Of course not. You think you're sinless so once again, the only direction you can go is downward.
I don't believe in sin. So, no I don't believe I'm a sinner, but neither is a bigoted idolator like yourself. God's will is inviolate.

OTOH, I freely admit that I routinely violate your outdated, primitive notions of abomination. I wear blended fabrics all the time, and I loooooooove shellfish.

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

3397681586_b4b4eb9bc8.jpg

OTOH, I freely admit that I routinely violate your outdated, primitive notions of abomination. I wear blended fabrics all the time, and I loooooooove shellfish.

have you had dairy products and meat on the same plate or fridge?

SINNER!

of course:

being homsexual is agaisnt God.....and you will burn....

afterall sex is for procreation and only for people who are married...

to prevent children every time you have sex...a married couple should only have sex very seldom...such as once a month...

to be a true christian you must NOT use condoms or any form of sexual protection

NEVER masturbate as you will die sooner......and your hands will drop off

read the bible when you have impure thoughts of touching your spouse....

be pure...be vigilant...behave

if in doubt beat yourself with a stick and have cold showers...

REMEMBER OBEY GOD AND DONT COMMIT IMPURE ACTS

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Wrong. Even if you deliberately ignore the bible, or change God's Word into the opposite, we know by the biological make-up of males and females that they were created to be sexually attracted to each other to produce offspring.
And therefore, gay people don't exist. Furthermore, there is no homosexual behavior in any other species.
That means that sexual relations between humans and animals, people of the same gender, between adults and young children, or any other sexual relationship is un-natural and thus a perversion.
Can you define "natural" for us? How about "perversion?" Thank you.
And nothing can change that. You can't alter the laws of nature without serious consequences to nature itself.
Actually, you can't alter the laws of nature at all; that's what a law of nature means. But just for laughs, what consequences to nature do you expect?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What good would it do to tell you when you'd just ignore them? :confused: Nevertheless, they're still there and include but are not limited to the folllowing:

1) Lust becomes the supreme value in same-sex relationships. They don't care what God, their families or anyone else thinks of it, they just want to act on their lust

2) Same-sex relationships promote families where no one is related to each other

3) Same sex relationships only have one gender as a role model for their children

4) Children in same-sex marriages don't know what a wife or husband is or does

5) Children in same-sex marriages don't know what a mother or father is or does

6) Children in same sex marriages are given permission to act on their lust, no matter what it is, as long as they find a partner who likes what they like. So it inhibits self-discipline and encourages acting out

7) Same-sex marriages encourage children to use others as objects of their sexual desires rather than thinking about what's best for their partners

8) Same-sex marriages inhibits future populations

for starters. But again, those who don't care about the affects that same-sex relationships have on children won't see anything wrong with homosexuality since LUST is the highest value of those who support homosexuality. that's actually an adolescent maturity level that thinks with its hormones rather than its heart or brain.

The above doesn't even address the biblical and spiritual reasons against homosexuality which are far too advanced for people who have no values higher than bodily gratification which is the highest level that animals are capable of. So I won't even get into them here.

I feel so sorry for the partners of Christians like you. For you, sex is either procreation or lust. If you ever want to learn about love in an intimate relationship, I suggest you ask a lesbian.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1) If lust isn't the reason for their relationship, then why not just live together as room-mates? So you're wrong, lust is their chief interest in each other.
I realize that you're not familiar with this concept, and I feel nothing but pity for you and anyone you might want to be involved with, but let me try to explain to you that physical intimacy can be a beautiful sharing of love between two people. If you want to learn more about how this works, I will be happy to explain it to you. If you prefer to live in an animalistic relationship that centers on gross bodily reproduction, I respect that choice.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yup just as I said you would. ;) You have to deny consequences and deny that homosexuality is a sin in order to continue to promote lust. The Nazi's and the German people all denied they did anything wrong either. That's how people can be immoral, lose their conscience.

godwins-law-9796.jpg

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Unfortunately, you'll find out who loses on judgment day.
Better stop your hateful sin now, Carico.

Only people with a conscience can keep themselves from succumbing to bigotry and hate. Once you lose your conscience, you become a bigot and head straight down the path to hell. So you aren't helping people by leading them straight on the path to hell. That's called hate, not love and is no different than giving an alcoholic a drink.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No, you just put lust your above any other value in life and you're teaching children to do the same. Sorry, but I wouldn't give an alcoholic a drink no matter how much he bullied threatened or demanded that I do so. Only desperate people try to coerce others into approving their behavior. But desperate people are the ones that need the real help. Unfortunately, all they're getting are enablers.

That's why we bother arguing with you, Carico. We love you, and don't want to enable your sinful prejudice.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
An alcoholic attacks people who try to help him as well. But again, I won't enable him any more than I will enable homosexuals. If you want to continue leading homosexuals straight on the path to hell, you're free to do so.

Post proves itself. The alcoholic Carico attacks those who try to help them. I'm sorry we couldn't save you from certain hell, Carico.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

I love Carico's style of posting because he always illustrates exactly what he describes. It's so nifty.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hey Carico, a sincere question for you. What are your views on Rev. Fred Phelps?

Also, do you consider yourself a Calvinist?