• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it worth the record? *Warning: Some slightly disturbing images*

Ceridwen018

Like most people, I'm sure, I love looking through the Guiness Book of World Records. Most of the stuff in there is truly amazing, and some of the things that people do are extraordinary. But what about those records that seem to dangerously cross the line of, "Stupid Human Trick"? From "most peircings" to "longest hair", some of these feats are just plain pointless and unhealthy! In the other two images, a man tries to see how far he can squirt milk out of his eye, and in another, a man practices passing a small garden snake through his nose and mouth, (he is working up to passing a full-grown, live cobra). Do you think that some people risk their health just to get into the almanac? Is it really worth it?

Attachments

• 3578028.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 3692149.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 3699556.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 3702892.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 302

ayani

well, based on the snake fellow's expression and the numerous tears streaming down his face, i'm not exactly tempted to try that one out.

hey, you only live once (in my opinion). if you can practice something weird and get good at it, why not try and seize some glory?

Prima

I don't think you should do something just for attention. If you can do it anyway...ok, why not be in the book. But your life shouldn't revolve around it, you know? In a lot of forums, those kinds of people are called 'attention whores' :D

Master Vigil

Whenever I do wierd things for demonstrations, like wakling on coals, laying on broken glass and having cement blocks broken over my chest, etc... It isn't done for attention. It is done for the challenge, and to better myself, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

jimbob

The Celt
I wonder how that chick with the piercings tastes. I mean think about it, can she actually taste the food she has in her mouth with all those piercings on here tongue?

anami

Master Vigil said:
Whenever I do wierd things for demonstrations, like wakling on coals, laying on broken glass and having cement blocks broken over my chest, etc... It isn't done for attention. It is done for the challenge, and to better myself, mentally, physically, and spiritually.

i found this interesting.
Wierd things? for demonstration?
It isn't done for attention, but you post it here?
Regardless this is different or not as these people have contacted Gueneiss Book to be known for the things they do.

Whether this is for personal or external acclaim for something that took work or came naturally. Nothing that is of spiritual reason is a stupid human trick. i believe the question in the first post was if there was a point where it becomes stupid human trick. i think if it was it could no longer be spiritual.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
jimbob said:
I wonder how that chick with the piercings tastes.
My brain ran with that in an entirely different direction before I read your next sentence...:p
jimbob said:
I mean think about it, can she actually taste the food she has in her mouth with all those piercings on here tongue?
Well, for starters, your sense of smell plays a large role in how things taste, so she's got that in her favour. I'm going from memory here (cause I looked at the pic yesterday and don't fully remember), but the piercings seemed concentrated in the centre of her tongue - so she'd have lost a fair portion of the papillae there, but the actual taste buds are located around the edges of the tongue - "bitter" at the back and rear sides, "salty and sweet" mostly at the tip of the tongue, and "sour" at the middle sides and towards the front. That being said, I can't think that having all that metal in your mouth would improve the taste of whatever you were eating. :areyoucra

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
What would make you wake up one morning and think,'I wonder if I could shove a snake up my nose and get it out through my mouth?'
Even if that thought did cross your mind, what would make you think it was a good idea?:areyoucra