• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it ok to get teary-eyed over this?

FFH

Veteran Member
II really wish that we had more people here who were as passionate about football as they are about politics. :D
Well I at least watched the clip...

Thanks for posting this...

BYU is back, finally...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I don't know if there is something wrong with me, but I still get tears in my eyes every time I watch this video - and it's almost been a year!
Um, do you have a girlfriend jonny? If not, my advice is that you need to direct some of the emotion toward a girl instead. :D

I really wish that we had more people here who were as passionate about football as they are about politics. :D
I like college football, jonny. But, I LOVE college basketball. We're going to the Big House to see Oregon play Michigan next month. That makes us pretty passionate fans doesn't it? There's going to be 8 of us going but only three pulling for Oregon and one of them is not my husband. Michigan's looking for revenge for their loss here in 2003. Should be interesting. Hopefully Rick and I will be talking after the game.

Runt

I don't know if there is something wrong with me, but I still get tears in my eyes every time I watch this video - and it's almost been a year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_mri1l0xBA

For those who want the abbreviated version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9SjeyQ8Ns

I really wish that we had more people here who were as passionate about football as they are about politics. :D
LOL, I don't know if it's okay to get teary-eyed over sports. I personally have never felt much passion for them, even when I used to play in my early childhood. It seemed like a bunch of petty displays of tribalism to me...

Besides, in the words of one of my esteemed professors, "I don't care much for sweating on purpose." ;)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It seemed like a bunch of petty displays of tribalism to me...
hahaa! You obviously don't understand sports. :p Competition is the drive behind sports and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I find team competitiveness to be enormous fun. Team sports can teach discipline, unity, unselfishness and can also bolster self esteem. It's too bad the negative aspects of sports and sports players is often emphasized in the media.

jonny

Um, do you have a girlfriend jonny? If not, my advice is that you need to direct some of the emotion toward a girl instead. :D

Ha!!! You sound like my mom. No, I don't have a girlfriend, but I'd like to hope that I could at least give her an equal amount of emotion if I had one.

I like college football, jonny. But, I LOVE college basketball. We're going to the Big House to see Oregon play Michigan next month. That makes us pretty passionate fans doesn't it? There's going to be 8 of us going but only three pulling for Oregon and one of them is not my husband. Michigan's looking for revenge for their loss here in 2003. Should be interesting. Hopefully Rick and I will be talking after the game.

I don't know what I'd do if one of my brother or sisters became a Utah fan. I think it would be grounds for disowning them.

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I LOVE college football and basketball. I'd have to say I love basketball more though. In my house when March Madness comes around we sing "It's the most wonderful time of the year." I took off work the first Friday of the tournament so I could watch all the games. You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger ACC fan and a bigger Duke fan than me:D
I'm so excited for college football to be starting up again soon! And the NFL too...but more excited for college.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I don't know what I'd do if one of my brother or sisters became a Utah fan. I think it would be grounds for disowning them.
Normally Rick (my husband) is an Oregon fan...and a very rabid one at that. But, he grew up in Michigan and when the extremely rare match up between the Ducks & Wolverines happens, he's a Michigan fan all the way. All 8 of us are flying in for the game. Rick, his mom, sister, best friend & his brother are backing Michigan. Me, and my sons Justin and Brandon are the only ones pulling for Oregon. That's ok, we'll just scream extra loudly. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun! :bounce

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
My dream is to go to a UNC vs. Duke game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. That would bring me to tears.

jonny

Normally Rick (my husband) is an Oregon fan...and a very rabid one at that. But, he grew up in Michigan and when the extremely rare match up between the Ducks & Wolverines happens, he's a Michigan fan all the way. All 8 of us are flying in for the game. Rick, his mom, sister, best friend & his brother are backing Michigan. Me, and my sons Justin and Brandon are the only ones pulling for Oregon. That's ok, we'll just scream extra loudly. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun! :bounce

I like Michigan - my grandpa went to Michigan and my mom's middle name "Ann" is because she was born in Ann Arbor. I'd love to go out there for a game.

Oh yeah - and BYU beat Michigan to win the national championship in 1984!!!

I consider myself an Oregon fan also (I grew up in Vancouver), but I cheered for BYU when they played in the Vegas Bowl last year. Gary Crowton...blah! You can have him. How many times do you think BYU has to beat Oregon before they'll let us into the PAC-10?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I consider myself an Oregon fan also (I grew up in Vancouver), but I cheered for BYU when they played in the Vegas Bowl last year.
Gee, ya think?
How many times do you think BYU has to beat Oregon before they'll let us into the PAC-10?
Beat USC a couple of times and I'll sign a petition for ya!

Hope

Princesinha
I used to be a huge NFL fan back in the good ol' days. Back during the dynasties, and the legendary coaches and players. Now the NFL sucks. Free agents and multi-millionaire paychecks have ruined the league. There's no team loyalty anymore, no team unity....as someone in my family said, "it's just a bunch of prima donnas prancing around." Blaghh!!:eek:

Oh for the days of Tom Landry, Roger Staubach (I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan), Joe Gibbs and the Hoggs, Joe Montana...etc., etc....*sigh* Those were the days....

I got teary-eyed all the time back then.