• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it just me, or..

Demonic Kitten

That's really quite sad. Nobody should be made to feel that way.

I know that now. Of course I'm the type of person who thinks that everything happens for a reason. If I knew then what I know now would things have turned out like they are now? I don't know...and to be honest I don't want to know. Learning from my mistakes have made me who I am today ^_^

Erebus

I know that now. Of course I'm the type of person who thinks that everything happens for a reason. If I knew then what I know now would things have turned out like they are now? I don't know...and to be honest I don't want to know. Learning from my mistakes have made me who I am today ^_^

Very true. Mistakes are vital to developing as a person. I know that if I hadn't made certain mistakes in my own past I would be nowhere near as strong as I am now.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Human psychology makes no sense to me. Wouldn't people generally try to avoid the sort of things that caused them pain in the past? You know, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

Then again...sometimes you don't realize that you're going to be hurt and abused until it happens. There are players who are simply good at playing people.

For girls especially, I think it's helpful when there's someone positive in your life, that sets a good example for the opposite (or same) sex.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
For girls especially, I think it's helpful when there's someone positive in your life, that sets a good example for the opposite (or same) sex.

I'm in total agreement with you, Dawny. I think it's important for both boys and girls to have someone in their life that sets a good example for the opposite sex. But I've gotten the impression over the years that it is especially important for girls. If girls don't have that, they tend to get into all sorts of trouble in relationships.