• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islam Compatible With Western Values?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Which is as good an example as any of how feeble are any claims that Islamic values are less depraved than Western ones.
In religious context Islamic society has higher values than western society
Get back to the laws I'm over your side of line , stop comparing laws to values ?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Again, how exactly do you know that such a situation is clearly worse than that of Islamic societies?

(Also, there is still some sort of language problem. I can't understand what you mean by "even the money drinks every night.")
People I know whom are seven figure bank account holders.
Our values differ is subjective did try say .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In religious context Islamic society has higher values than western society

By a very specific and IMO entirely unadvisable conception of "religious context" and "higher values" that is certainly true.

Why should anyone accept those as valid instead of so many others that do not support such a conclusion, though?

Get back to the laws I'm over your side of line , stop comparing laws to values ?
?

SpeaksForTheTrees

By a very specific and IMO entirely unadvisable conception of "religious context" and "higher values" that is certainly true.

Why should anyone accept those as valid instead of so many others that do not support such a conclusion, though?

?
The laws take precedent over values so really is all subjective .
Go back to the arrow in eye premise, is it OK to shoot a girl in the eye if she a lesbian ?
Well of course its not , she human does no harm and it hurts just as much .?
Sorry for crude example .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The laws take precedent over values so really is all subjective .

Not if I have anything to say about it. And I do.

Go back to the arrow in eye premise, is it OK to shoot a girl in the eye if she a lesbian ?
Well of course its not , she human does no harm and it hurts just as much .?
Sorry for crude example .

Isn't it an example that works against your own point, though?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Not if I have anything to say about it. And I do.

Isn't it an example that works against your own point, though?
Which laws you reject ? Neither of us can re write the law murder is murder is murder ? Already premised on the assumption it sucks for the victim.
Sorry which point , is points made as value and points made how it applied to only UK laws .
Sorry you will need to spell it out.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Islam doesn't like the Western life style, and it will try as hard as it can to change the Western life values to suit their selves, just as if there were many Christians in the Islam territory, which would be much harder though.

Paleo

Primitivism and chill
I think it can be, but hear me out here!
Think of it this way, if Christianity followed all the rules of the old testament it would not be compatible with current 'Western values' and the same goes for if the Quran is followed completely. Like many belief systems if we dropped out the volatile, salty bits and picked only the sweet cherries to abide by it would be compatible.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Is Islam able to integrate into Europe, Canada, Australia etc, seamlessly? By the way, I'm not talking about the westernised Muslims here, the ones who know a few Qur'anic ayat and not much else. I mean are the values that the Qur'an, Shariah, etc. promote, compatible with Western Values?
Islam, yes. Islamism, no.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Islam doesn't like the Western life style, and it will try as hard as it can to change the Western life values to suit their selves, just as if there were many Christians in the Islam territory, which would be much harder though.
Yes the standard Islam sets for its society , Westerners would soon be in trouble .
As regarding these kind of values of clean living Islam does set much higher standard .
Few my ex would be on death row if we was in Iran ,:D

SpeaksForTheTrees

I think it can be, but hear me out here!
Think of it this way, if Christianity followed all the rules of the old testament it would not be compatible with current 'Western values' and the same goes for if the Quran is followed completely. Like many belief systems if we dropped out the volatile, salty bits and picked only the sweet cherries to abide by it would be compatible.
Christianity been discredited for 2000 years is apathy in the population most say ,fck it and leave the churches to crumble.
Sick of being world policemen to be honest , christianity disappearing , good luck in 22 century .

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes the standard Islam sets for its society , Westerners would soon be in trouble .
As regarding these kind of values of clean living Islam does set much higher standard .
Few my ex would be on death row if we was in Iran ,:D
Yes and its wrong, we in the Western world love our freedom, and don't want to hang or cut someone's head off over trivial things like having a nice cold beer, or being gay, no belief system should control everything, because we all have different beliefs.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Yes and its wrong, we in the Western world love our freedom, and don't want to hang or cut someone's head off over trivial things like having a nice cold beer, or being gay, no belief system should control everything, because we all have different beliefs.
St Thomas was the athiest disciple for little while , and Jesus forgave him without redemptions .
Whether prophet or divine is irrelevant , Jesus set the premise of forgiveness of disbelief .
Problem with Jesus he let them crucify him ?
Mohammed would of been crucified but for his strategy ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
St Thomas was the athiest disciple for little while , and Jesus forgave him without redemptions .
Whether prophet or divine is irrelevant , Jesus set the premise of forgiveness of disbelief .
Is there any indication that Thomas (if he existed) was an atheist? I seem to remember that he just doubted the ressurrection.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Is there any indication that Thomas (if he existed) was an atheist? I seem to remember that he just doubted the ressurrection.
Lol come down of your horse, science does not have conclusive proof of non existence .
My junior school teacher was very fair man , I was satisfied with his narrative and conclusions that could be drawn.
Thomas did not believe is doubt

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I see, so what has that got to do with Islam being compatible with the Western.