• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islam a religion? What defines a religion?

rocka21

Brother Rock
What did I accuse Pat Robertson of? There was a quote at the very beginning that Pat Robertson said himself; there is a link. Could you please explain yourself a bit? Through a PM would be better, thank you.

you argee with a poster who name i think was valor. his post has been removed. ( i wounder why:rolleyes: )

you memory must be short.

Bishka

Veteran Member
you argee with a poster who name i think was valor. his post has been removed. ( i wounder why:rolleyes: )

you memory must be short.

If you could stop being sarcastic long enough to explain why I am being interrogated, that would appreciated. Thank you.

rocka21

Brother Rock
If you could stop being sarcastic long enough to explain why I am being interrogated, that would appreciated. Thank you.

I GIVE UP:eek:

if you don't know the post you even responed to and agreed with . i give up.

i will drop it now if you will, thanks.

Bishka

Veteran Member
again, i don't think he just said that quote and it did not tie to something else he was talking about.

here is a quote from Joseph smith.

"my life is of no value".

This thread has nothing to with Joseph Smith, either drop it or start another thread. Thank you.

Bishka

Veteran Member
but it has EVERYTHING to do with quotes takin out of context.

Not it does not, this thread is about Islam and religion. I took the context right from wikipedia from the "700 Club" entry where it was taken from Pat Robertson on 6/12/07. If you have anything to say on Islam and religion please go ahead and stay on topic. Thank you.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Not it does not, this thread is about Islam and religion. I took the context right from wikipedia from the "700 Club" entry where it was taken from Pat Robertson on 6/12/07. If you have anything to say on Islam and religion please go ahead and stay on topic. Thank you.

but what if wikipedia took the quote out of context becky?

see the smith example i quoted. wouldn't that not be fair?

Bishka

Veteran Member
So from what I can tell, most of the people who have been posting have said yes to Islam being a religion. Is there a practice or a belief that you would consider not a religion?

rocka21

Brother Rock
yes, islam is a religion,

but i think you can make your point without taking a pat roberson quote out of context. if your going to use him. do the research and get the WHOLE thing he said.

thats all......

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
but i think you can make your point without taking a pat roberson quote out of context. if your going to use him. do the research and get the WHOLE thing he said.

Well, for anybody curious here is the context:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have to recognize that Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law. In the Quran, it says it very clearly. There are two spheres. One is the Dar al-Harb, which is the realm of war. The other is Dar al-Islam, which is that part that’s under submission to Islam. There is no middle ground. You’re either at war or you’re under submission. Now, that’s the way they think.

Personally, I don't see how putting it in context makes it any better. Frankly, the context just makes it more disgusting.

rocka21

Brother Rock
If you are sure about what he said and that what I presented wasn't the whole truth, please provide me with it instead of just accusing me of it. I would expect anyone to do the same thing. As far as I am concerned that is the whole quote as no one else has provided me with any other evidence.

ROBERTSON: The question would be, ladies and gentlemen, if a million Christians want to go to Saudi Arabia and say, "We want to pray," you can't pray in Saudi Arabia. You can't have religious literature in Saudi Arabia. You can't get together in Bible study groups in Saudi Arabia. As far as having special places for foot-washing and all that, no way. You will abide by Sharia law because they're in control.​

Ladies and gentlemen, we have to recognize that Islam is not a religion. It is a worldwide political movement meant on domination of the world. And it is meant to subjugate all people under Islamic law. In the Quran, it says it very clearly. There are two spheres. One is the Dar al-Harb, which is the realm of war. The other is Dar al-Islam, which is that part that's under submission to Islam. There is no middle ground. You're either at war or you're under submission. Now, that's the way they think.​

Now, sure, over here, you've got Islam light and you've got all these various things, but the idea is we don't want just accommodation, we want to take over and we want to impose Sharia on you. And before long, ladies are going to be dressed in burqas and whatever garments they would put on them, and next thing you know, men are going to be allowed to have wife-beating and you'll be beheading adulterers and so on and so forth. That's Saudi Arabia. We don't want that here in America. If they don't like it here in America, then let them go to Saudi Arabia, to Kuwait, to Yemen, to all those wonderful nations around the Middle East.​

now that you have the context do you see the point he was trying to make?​

:shrug:

although he may have have been technically wrong on the islam not being a religion.​

a little research will expand your mind sometimes:drool:​

rojse

RF Addict
I am at a loss to see how this statement could be improved, but I would like to be proven wrong.

If you want to make statements stating that the phrase was taken out of context, that is fine, but please provide the full statement, which includes the quoted phrase, when making your argument, otherwise those reading on would have no choice but to agree with those that say Robertson is a close-minded bigot.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Absolutely. He was saying that Islam was not a religion -- just what I posted.
[/indent]

I could say that to anyone who posts things on the LDS Church that they think are right. ;)

let me ask you becky, do you disagree with what roberson says here? beside the religion statement. and why?​

rocka21

Brother Rock
Yes, because he knows absolutley nothing about the religion of Islam and what their practices actually are. He makes up his own opinions and tries to pass them off as facts.

The question would be, ladies and gentlemen, if a million Christians want to go to Saudi Arabia and say, "We want to pray," you can't pray in Saudi Arabia. You can't have religious literature in Saudi Arabia. You can't get together in Bible study groups in Saudi Arabia. As far as having special places for foot-washing and all that, no way. You will abide by Sharia law because they're in control.

he makes this up becky?

why don't you go to saudi arabia and build a mormon church:D

Bishka

Veteran Member
The question would be, ladies and gentlemen, if a million Christians want to go to Saudi Arabia and say, "We want to pray," you can't pray in Saudi Arabia. You can't have religious literature in Saudi Arabia. You can't get together in Bible study groups in Saudi Arabia. As far as having special places for foot-washing and all that, no way. You will abide by Sharia law because they're in control.

he makes this up becky?

why don't you go to saudi arabia and build a mormon church:D

This is for another thread. I will not continue discussion with you here. I am tired of this thread being taken off-subject.