• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God's existence necessary?

Is God's existence necessary?

• Total voters

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
He's a trusted friend and ally. And, even when I feel the most alone and depressed, I always have someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of. That's more than enough for me.
But when he turns into an enemy when you ate pork or shaved your face(just sayin tho)

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
Camouflage is not an instinct. Let us consult the dictionary;
Instinct
1. an innate, typically fixed pattern of behavior in animals in response to certain stimuli.
"birds have an instinct to build nests"
Well when u are hungry the body release some type of hormon and acids in your stomach and blood stream stimulating the feel of hunger causing the desire and need to eat.

CATSISS

Catsiss The Catheart
Dear lord...

For the thousandth time....gravity and dark energy are NOT directly measured.

NEITHER....ONE....

Dark energy and gravity produce measurable effects on matter. Because they do, scientists named those forces. We saw s&$t moving around, we measured the distances and amounts of force required, and then we got out our nifty little label makers and thumb tacks and named one "gravity" and the other "dark energy."
I feel u man i feel your frustration rising up like a the mountain about to erupt as it was mt helen

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It has hardly been an argument...rather a matter of revealing to you the error of your thinking regards the state of play of dark energy reality...
You are now confusing me with someone who has been trying for a reasonable discussion with you.
Let me assure you, I am merely relieving my boredom.
That you are unable to keep track of whom you are replying to and what they have contributed thus far in this thread merely furthers my point.
Again, thank you.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You are now confusing me with someone who has been trying for a reasonable discussion with you.
Let me assure you, I am merely relieving my boredom.
That you are unable to keep track of whom you are replying to and what they have contributed thus far in this thread merely furthers my point.
Again, thank you.
You certainly know how to flog a dead horse....I thought we had closure? Oh well if you want to revive it....here goes...
I said that a formula for dark energy measurement doesn't exist...post .#1079, to which you replied...
apjl471652ieqn1.gif

apjl471652ieqn2.gif
(
apjl471652ieqn3.gif
)
Now since you put this forward as the formula for dark energy, I ask you to explain what it means and how it shows science can actually measure dark energy?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
How does the formula you provided for gravity show how science measures gravity? Show him how it's done, Ben.
Oh oh...the other one wants another round to show how ignorant he is in both science and logic.... Gravity is the force that attracts a body towards any other physical body having mass... The Formula...Fgrav = Gm1m2/d^2 .....G = the gravitation constant, m1 is the mass of the first object, m2 is the mass of the second object, d is the distance between the two objects... Now you explain how the formula Mestemia provided for dark energy show how science measures dark energy? Haha....:)

prometheus11

So you're saying that gravity is measured by observing how objects with mass move. Exactly how we measure dark energy.

I've not been wrong in a single post, huh?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you're saying that gravity is measured by observing how objects with mass move. Exactly how we measure dark energy.

I've not been wrong in a single post, huh?
Not so..you apparently do not understand the science...or the English language? Gravity measurement formula is not an observation of objects moving ....and nor you did not explain how Mestemia's formula for dark energy measurement works like you were asked...

So this is the question to both you and Mestemia that is not going to go away until you answer it, or admit you are out of your depth....please explain how the formula Mestemia provided measures dark energy?

I will no longer be drawn on digression....and I will come back to this question each time you try to avoid answering it....

How does this formula measure dark energy...
apjl471652ieqn1.gif
apjl471652ieqn2.gif
(
apjl471652ieqn3.gif
) ???

Last edited:

prometheus11

I don't know. I also don't understand how the formula for gravity works. I do know that dark energy and gravity are measured by observing objects with mass moving around.

Do you deny any of these facts?

I do guarantee that I understand science better than you do. I'd be ashamed to explain to professors that I know that I'm sending someone to talk to them that has the sorts of misconceptions that you have. That offer is now off the table.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I don't know. I also don't understand how the formula for gravity works. I do know that dark energy and gravity are measured by observing objects with mass moving around.

Do you deny any of these facts?
Yes of course...why on earth can you not understand that dark energy can not be observed nor measured.... Until you understand this..I will continue to rub your nose in it...so you have one of two choices....understand the correct scientific position on dark energy and admit you were wrong, or provide the dark energy data observed and measured?

McBell

Not so..you apparently do not understand the science...or the English language? Gravity measurement formula is not an observation of objects moving ....and nor you did not explain how Mestemia's formula for dark energy measurement works like you were asked...

So this is the question to both you and Mestemia that is not going to go away until you answer it, or admit you are out of your depth....please explain how the formula Mestemia provided measures dark energy?

I will no longer be drawn on digression....and I will come back to this question each time you try to avoid answering it....

How does this formula measure dark energy...
apjl471652ieqn1.gif
apjl471652ieqn2.gif
(
apjl471652ieqn3.gif
) ???
I never made any claim it is used to measure anything.
Your assumptions are most interesting.
Especially given how big an *** you made of yourself over them.

Most entertaining really.
Thank you for the boredom relief.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I never made any claim it is used to measure anything.
Your assumptions are most interesting.
Especially given how big an *** you made of yourself over them.

Most entertaining really.
Thank you for the boredom relief.
Hold it buster....I said that dark energy could not be measured....you quoted me and posted the formula in question which is a formula taken from a source dealing with dark energy... So reason demands to know why you replied to my claim that dark energy can't be measured with that formula?

What is your point in posting the formula?

McBell

Hold it buster....I said that dark energy could not be measured....you quoted me and posted the formula in question which is a formula taken from a source dealing with dark energy... So reason demands to know why you replied to my claim that dark energy can't be measured with that formula?

What is your point in posting the formula?
You must have a real issue with reading comprehension.
Or perhaps you do not actually read the posts?

I flat out told you you are nothing more to me than a means to relieve boredom.
You have not failed to deliver!!
Keep up the good work!

prometheus11

Yes of course...why on earth can you not understand that dark energy can not be observed nor measured.... Until you understand this..I will continue to rub your nose in it...so you have one of two choices....understand the correct scientific position on dark energy and admit you were wrong, or provide the dark energy data observed and measured?

Dark energy is observed.

Dark energy is measured.

Dark energy is observed and measured the exact same way that gravity is observed and measured...by observing how objects with mass move.

This is what I have always said. I have been right in every post; you have been wrong every time because you deny facts and science.

You have done nothing except advertise your ignorance of science and facts.

You can mock me all you want, but it amounts to the same as if you were laughing at me for saying that 2+2=4 because you think that 2+2=somewhat grasshopper.

It's time for you to admit that science observes and measures dark energy the same way that it measures gravity.

Are you able to be honest? I doubt it.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You must have a real issue with reading comprehension.
Or perhaps you do not actually read the posts?

I flat out told you you are nothing more to me than a means to relieve boredom.
You have not failed to deliver!!
Keep up the good work!
So you quote my posts and reply to me with nothing more than irrelevant nonsense as a means to relieve your boredom... And you posted quite a few after that being critical of my position on dark energy....apparently for no other reason than relief of your boredom....and continuing until now..

Isn't this sort of behavior called trolling?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Dark energy is observed.

Dark energy is measured.

Dark energy is observed and measured the exact same way that gravity is observed and measured...by observing how objects with mass move.

This is what I have always said. I have been right in every post; you have been wrong every time because you deny facts and science.

You have done nothing except advertise your ignorance of science and facts.

You can mock me all you want, but it amounts to the same as if you were laughing at me for saying that 2+2=4 because you think that 2+2=somewhat grasshopper.

It's time for you to admit that science observes and measures dark energy the same way that it measures gravity.

Are you able to be honest? I doubt it.
One simple question....who do you claim observed and measured dark energy?

prometheus11

What? That sentence doesn't make sense.

Why won't you admit the facts? Dark energy and gravity are both measured the same way...by observing the movements of matter with mass.