• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God really THE god?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
so you DO need to be convinced......

or maybe you already know the consequence for belief.....and the lack of it
and you don't want to fess up
Here, let me clarify;

Define 'Death'
Define 'Real'
What two 'Paths'?
What do you mean 'Fall'?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Here, let me clarify;

Define 'Death'
Define 'Real'
What two 'Paths'?
What do you mean 'Fall'?
you did not clarify

you are simply hoping to find fault

and my previous post was quite simple

you don't understand the terms?
use a dictionary

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Here, let me clarify;

Define 'Death'
Define 'Real'
What two 'Paths'?
What do you mean 'Fall'?
Defined as per a Christian perspective as it may vary in each persons view. (Maybe I should say "MY" Christian perspective?)

Death: - that which is separated from the life of God (Physically, mentally or spiritually).
Real: that which is eternal
Two Paths: That which leads to life and that which leads to death
Fall: The initial separation from God and/or a decision to sin. (there are other definitions that don't deal with the spiritual aspects of fall)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Why would God want anything at all?
Why would God want a BOOK?
Why would God have a purpose?
1) Love
2) So that people would
8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
3) Why wouldn't He?

Segev Moran

If God is the Creator of everything and so far above our own human ability and comprehension I don't think it is possible to know too much about such God unless this God provides revelation of His Being. Creation itself reveals the power, ability, and creativity of God, but other than that we are clueless without further information.

I think the Bible provides plenty of revelation about God and His involvement in human history. Fulfilled prophecies of the Bible shows that this God revealed is the One true God who alone knows the future because He is outside of time and dwells in the eternal realm.

"Prophecy, which reveals God's plan in advance, is the missing element in all sacred scriptures of the world's religions, because false gods cannot provide it. Prophecy is not to be found in the Koran, the Hindu Vedas, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Book of Mormon, the sayings of Buddha, the writings of Mary Baker Eddy. In contrast, prophecy comprises about 30 percent of the Bible.

Significantly, the God of the Bible identifies Himself as the One who accurately foretells the future and makes certain that it happens as He said it would. In fact, God points to prophecy as the irrefutable evidence of His existence and the authenticity of His Word: "For I am God, and there is none else. ...Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, my counsel shall stand..." (Isa:46:9-10).

There are two major topics of prophecy, both of which must be studied if one is to have any understanding of the Bible: 1) Israel; and 2) the Messiah, who would come to Israel and through her to the world. These two major topics involve specific fulfillments of prophecy that cannot be denied and which prove God's existence."
An Urgent Call To A Serious Faith-Part Thirteen - The Proof Is In the Prophecy
The "Israel prophecy" is not much of a prophecy.

It would be the same if I tell you: "You shall live in Japan for the rest of your lives", and then you go to Japan.... It doesn't really count as a prophecy rather you acting according to that prediction.

If a day will come, and the messiah will appear, then i guess i'll think differently ;)

Do you realize, though, that the most important prophecy is not really Israel, or the Messiah?
The Jewish belief speaks of a prophecy that we are now ending (if a couple of hundred years) our 6th millennia cycle. the 7th, according to the Jewish prophecy, is considered a "Sabath" millennia, that actually means the end of existence of the material world.

What about that prophecy? does it sound compelling?

Segev Moran

An all powerful person can just make himself smart, he would not need to remain stupid.
Yet a stupid all powerful, will probably wouldn't care or know he is stupid :)
I thought your initial post said we should assume both OT and NT are the word of God (maybe I misunderstood) and that the source of the knowledge about God is God himself. I did not notice 'tora' anywhere (may it was in the later posts).
You are correct, My apologies.
I believe in Jesus for many reasons, but his miracles as well as his message would be important ones. No ordinary person will ever say 'love your enemies'. You have to be extraordinary to come up with that.
I don't think so.
There are many non-extraordinary people who made extraordinary claims.

InChrist

Free4ever
The "Israel prophecy" is not much of a prophecy.

It would be the same if I tell you: "You shall live in Japan for the rest of your lives", and then you go to Japan.... It doesn't really count as a prophecy rather you acting according to that prediction.

If a day will come, and the messiah will appear, then i guess i'll think differently ;)

Do you realize, though, that the most important prophecy is not really Israel, or the Messiah?
The Jewish belief speaks of a prophecy that we are now ending (if a couple of hundred years) our 6th millennia cycle. the 7th, according to the Jewish prophecy, is considered a "Sabath" millennia, that actually means the end of existence of the material world.

What about that prophecy? does it sound compelling?
I personally think the prophecies about Israel are quite compelling in their accuracy and not quite on the same level as your example about you predicting me living in Japan. Now, if you lived 400 years ago never having known or spoken to me personally, yet specifically stated and recorded my name, birthplace, and the information about me moving and living in Japan that would be about on the level of biblical detailed prophecy about Israel.

I don't know Jewish Sabath millennia prophecy you have mentioned. Feel free to elaborate and include related scriptures, if you like.

Segev Moran

My suggestion is that you take some time to go over it and seek the answers.. when there is striving your heart will work on the answers even after your intellect is tired.. The spiritual bounty will then begin.
I Don't quite understand what it means?

Segev Moran

That big question, that should be at the very heart of religion and the very nature of truth, deserves a bigger answer than history and tradition have provided. But the answer could very well leave tradition staring into the abyss and prove humbling for secular speculation.
Isn't it a bit like "lets first believe there is a God and then decide what kind of a god it is"?
The first wholly new interpretation for two thousand years of the moral teachings of Christ has been published.
Radically different from anything else we know of from theology or history,
What does that mean? that until now you got it all wrong?
You only guessed what everything means?
this new teaching is predicated upon the 'promise' of a precise, predefined, predictable and repeatable experience of transcendent omnipotence
What is transcendent omnipotence?
demonstrate Gods' willingness to reveal Himself and intervene directly into the natural world
How is that different than any other scriptures? All of them claim of a direct "miraculous" God made events in dis-obedience to the universe physical laws.
obedient to His Command
This sentence alone strikes me odd.
paving the way for access, by faith, to the power of divine Will and ultimate proof!"
What is a divine will?
And please elaborate on the ultimate proof?
So like it or no, a new religious teaching, testable by faith, meeting all Enlightenment criteria of evidence based causation and definitive proof now exists. Nothing short of an intellectual, moral and religious revolution is getting under way. Trials of this new teaching have started and are open to all. To test or not to test, that is the question and the answer, to be searched for and discovered, could change the course history as we know it. More info at The Final Freedoms
What proof???

Segev Moran

It would be useless to explain a point of view to the uneducated mind.
How would you know if I am an educated mind or not?
Have we ever had a conversation about my missing education?
I am less educated in the christian bible than you, probably, But I am an educated on other topics. So I would love to know what is the topic I am un-educated on?
The first point of truth about the bible is that it was given by God and inspired in men by his Spirit.
Exactly. This "point of truth"... what is it? how do we know it is indeed truth?
So until you have the ability and the tools to understand no one can teach you something you cannot ever hope to know.

What abilities? What tools?
I Keep hearing those claims many times, yet never has anyone managed to tell me what those tools are other than "have faith".
What ability do you have that i don't? (I am really interested in this, its not a ridicule question).
What is it that your eyes see and mine don't?

I Am sure we are on agreement on most of the things (social / moral wise), yet on that specific issue, your mind is a different thing?

Why is it that the more I've learned, the less sense it all made? the more I've understood how humans work and behave, the more i found reason in the real "need" of a God.

Segev Moran

I personally think the prophecies about Israel are quite compelling in their accuracy and not quite on the same level as your example about you predicting me living in Japan. Now, if you lived 400 years ago never having known or spoken to me personally, yet specifically stated and recorded my name, birthplace, and the information about me moving and living in Japan that would be about on the level of biblical detailed prophecy about Israel.
Would you say the Hebrews were great fighters? or was it because God was by their side? (talking about the OT Hebrews of course)

I don't know Jewish Sabath millennia prophecy you have mentioned. Feel free to elaborate and include related scriptures, if you like.

It is presented a depicted in the book of "Zohar".

This is a short (Hebrew) light weight article describing the topic.
It is of course a much more complex idea than what is presented here, but it is a great starting point.

מתי היהדות חוזה שיגיע סוף העולם?

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Yet a stupid all powerful, will probably wouldn't care or know he is stupid :)

You are correct, My apologies.

I don't think so.
There are many non-extraordinary people who made extraordinary claims.
I don't think you understand the meaning of ALL powerful or ALL mighty - it does not go together with stupid. An ALL mighty being knows everything.

Name anyone else who has said something as radical as 'love your enemies' as well as performed several miracles.