• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God really THE god?

Segev Moran

How can you know?

Lets say the bible (OT, NT or whatever depiction of Mono-God there is) is true. that indeed these are the words of the one we call God.
Everything we know about God is based on God itself.

Maybe God is not really THE god? rather on of other gods?
Maybe he is actually an evil God and only pretends to be good?

What is one's source of knowing God without any scripture or information that doesn't come from the Entity itself?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can you know?

Lets say the bible (OT, NT or whatever depiction of Mono-God there is) is true. that indeed these are the words of the one we call God.

What is one's source of knowing God without any scripture or information that doesn't come from the Entity itself?
A thinking question!

There is no depiction of God that is true. It is actually a sin to depict God as far as I know.
I suppose it is a command.
The source of knowledge is God so the answer, imo, is no, one cannot know God anyway but from God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How can you know?

There isn't an entity a part from the source(s) of the individual religions. If there were, it's named as "a mystery" or "it's a sin to depict god" or things of that nature.

I don't think someone can give you an answer because A. they depend on sources to describe god for them, B. they feel it's wrong to describe god themselves C. they don't trust their own experiences to talk about god apart from their sources or D. they are hoping that god exist and misinterpreting hope and faith for fact and knowledge.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Just how implausible would it be, as you put it, for God to be the god? Any genuine god is going to be beyond comprehension, and any words, writings, rituals, or traditions about him will necessarily be -- at best -- human attempts to enter into some kind of relationship with him. Hopefully, an always evolving one.

God is no more god than a dot on a map of France is Paris. And that assumes there even is a god.

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
You're in luck! What did you want to know? He his not evil, but is understanding of the cosmic law of laws, the yin and yang, and is His "job" to keep the thing in balance and spinning in the dynamic motion that must be kept balanced.

The bible was hand copied for a thousand years and there are a lot of problems with it including that the entire text is reversed. The council of Nicea purged any truth when they framed the bible from ancient Babylonian and Sumerian texts.

Another thing you need to understand is the council of Nicea took an eschatological prophecy and tried to make it a message of good hope. You cannot do that without telling some lies. They removed the truth and put their forgiveness plan in there which is totally false. There is no forgiveness. The word does not appear once in the book of Revelation. It tells us we are judged by our ,"work, in Rev 20:12, and that's karma. In vrrse 10, it has two books and the first one is unnamed, because the council of Nicea removed it to hide the truth. The second book, is the book of life, which all of our names are in unless, well you know.

He is the great Creator and prefers to be called "Old Man". He is the Holy Ghost. There are also the rest of the Trinity and from there you are into the Titans and Olympians.

There are other gods, though.

I will tell you that Hermes is the hardest working god in the cosmos. He has repeatedly shown up and lent us His understanding and then slipped out the side door. By side door is that he is not bound to the normal protocol of the ,"bright light" but has immortality, as did his avatar, Thoth, and that is the represented understanding of the "ankh" is the same as the wings. Hermes is called "trismegistus" because he was also Coeus, Ningi****a, Thoth, before he was Hermes. As well as the 5th dynasty pharoah, shepskehare, who left the only unfinished pyramid as a sign to us that he had immortality.

Since then he has been the aztecs god of twins, Quetzalcoatl, which is yin and yang.

He has also gifted us understanding as the mathmatician sir Issac Newton. And the folk singer Burl Ives, as well as a soldier that was here in the mid 1800s and lost an arm in the war, which I am not entirely sure which war except that it was not the Crimean warbut about the sme time.

Where Quetzalcoatl was the Aztec god of yin and yang, his avatar Thoth gifted us "as above so below" as Newton gave us "what goes up must come down" and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. They are all the same understanding from the same guy. They are all about the law of laws.

The wings on his helmet and sandles represents immortality.

Hermes is who takes the reins when the Old Man goes bowling or to the races.

Hermes is the reason the seven headed beast that rises from the sea has ten crowns and ten horns. He takes three for trismegistus. They are unicorn horns which signifies a good and benevolent ruler.

There are others too, like the Etruscan goddess of wisdom and warfare, the great and wise and beautiful Minerva. Who was also the cutest head of the seven headed beast.

There's grandsire bhishma patimah, who is the head with a fatal wound that has healed.
So, yes there is the Old Man and a cadre of other gods and goddessess.

The first commandment says "no other gods before me".

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Wouldn't this question fall into the idea that there are so many amazing and insanely complex things in the universe from physics to the human eyeball that there surely must be a Creator God?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The source of knowledge is God so the answer, imo, is no, one cannot know God anyway but from God.

It prompts a question as to how it's determined , if people cannot know God as being the source of knowledge other than God alone, has this conveyed to them?

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
There isn't an entity a part from the source(s) of the individual religions. If there were, it's named as "a mystery" or "it's a sin to depict god" or things of that nature.

I don't think someone can give you an answer because A. they depend on sources to describe god for them, B. they feel it's wrong to describe god themselves C. they don't trust their own experiences to talk about god apart from their sources or D. they are hoping that god exist and misinterpreting hope and faith for fact and knowledge.

You seem pretty sure of yourself Carlita.

Actually, there is no "sin". That's a construct of the church. The squiggly line between the yang and yin is repsentitive of the fact that there are different circumstances to every action and every action is reconcilable. What there is is malevolent action and benevolent actions, and you work from that angle. Like I said everything is reconcilable.

You are not understanding that the church pretty much screwed every one with its lies.and created a God that was to be feared and a mystery but not an individual who is more man then you know. He is the Holy Ghost but He is also a man. Who likes fords and sprint cars and good and plentys and Dr. Pepper and barbecued ribs.

He plays the banjo and likes to spend time in his garden, and has commanded emeritus status since before the flood of Noah.

The fact that you think it's wrong only means that you lack understanding. You are under the thumb of the church and their desire to keep us all distanced from Him and in fear with averted eyes and kowtowing and whatnot.

Because of what the church did to the adherents of to Christianity He does not go yto church on Sunday. He never has.

As for what they did was create lies that have excluded Christians by and large from ascending to heaven. There is no forgiveness. That's the lie. The word forgiveness does not appear one time in Revelation 20, where it tells about the judgement. The truth is that we are judged by our "work" which is karma.

Thinking they were going to be forgiven, Christians proceeded to do things to be forgiven for. They for the most part have dug themselves in to a pit of karmic debt that they can never climb out of in time. This is the last go round for the rrebirth/reincarnation protocol. There are no more trips through the grinder to find the understanding that is needed to ascend when you move through the bright light. You must also possess your akashic record in the light.

So, you might consider opening your mind and do less speaking and more thinking.

There are only two kinds of temples in heaven and those are Buddhist temples and masonic temples. There are no churches in heaven.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It prompts a question as to how it's determined , if people cannot know God as being the source of knowledge other than God alone, has this conveyed to them?
Are you asking how it is determined that God is the source of knowledge of God?
Obviously, God is not the source of ALL knowledge.
It is just like people get introduced to each other. (I don't know everyone because I have not been introduced and spent enough time with everyone. It is not possible.)

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Wouldn't this question fall into the idea that there are so many amazing and insanely complex things in the universe from physics to the human eyeball that there surely must be a Creator God?
The amazing qualities brought forth through the relationships between simplicity and complexity is enough for me on its own merits. I see God as being a placeholder, an iconic interpetation for the unknown.

Twilight Hue

Are you asking how it is determined that God is the source of knowledge of God?
Obviously, God is not the source of ALL knowledge.
It is just like people get introduced to each other. I don't know everyone.

I was making an inference by which everyone, at least I hope so, knows what and who people are in general, even though we cannot possibly know everyone.

We know there are other people around because we already met a number beforehand, and can universally identity and relate with each other.

How then does someone know God in general if beforehand, no characteristic by which God is identified, has not adaquitly been established in the same way people are?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was making an inference by which everyone, at least I hope so, knows what and who people are in general, even though we cannot possibly know everyone.

We know there are other people around because we already met a number beforehand, and can universally identity and relate with each other.

How then does someone know God in general if beforehand, no characteristic by which God is identified, has not adaquitly been established in the same way people are?
It is not true "no characteristic by which God is identified".
God is love. If you never quit looking for real and true love, you will know God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can see that God is the pure spirit. The Bible gods, Jesus and YHVH are not really God, imo.
They can help you know God for sure.

Seven headed beast

Awaited One

No where man, you ask a valid question and it is tough to even grasp what is or is like. If you reach out and swing your hand, you touch Him. But it's been seventy thousand years since Moses offered the understanding that was given to him.

Things can go awry with a quickness when it starts to go sideways.

I am not here to lend information about who He is, as those that need to know are the same individuals who will meet Him in time. I can tell you He is also a man besides the Incomprehensible being that is everywhere that something is not.

I am here to save the lambies that can still swim after being screwed by the church. Who came up with their "forgiveness" plan, which was all BS. There is no forgiveness, and that alone has excluded many individuals from ascending.

You, are the exception. You have maintained you karma in the light.

I am going to give you the understanding that is the true notion of "enlightenment" that is needed to get you in the door.

There are two acknowledgements and then the understanding the Four Noble Truths, which is the Buddhist concept of "suffering". This and having your karma in the light are all that is required to get in to the "lighted room".

The two acknowledgements are the first, you acknowledge the Old Man. That's all

The second acknowledgement is that you acknowledge that you are subject to the cycle of samsara. Or reincarnated, basically. you are subject to the transmigration and rebirth.

The last thing is the Four Noble Truths, and the part of it that you are lacking. Theey are about alleviating "suffering" which is anything from breaking a shoelace to the loss of a mate of life partner. We do not handle it very well her in the Occidental world.

The easiest way I can relate about moving past it is by understanding that there is equal potential for the pointer to point into the dark side as there is the light side. That being said, you want to take and add up all the good days that you have ever had and then add up all of the bad days that you've had. When you do the math most of us have had many more good days than bad days. So, since there is equal potential for either, than you know tthat you are still owing some bad dayss. This doesn't mean that you will have them come into your reality, but you shouldn't be surprised when they do show up.
Lie ivsaid the Westerners do not get it and have a problem getting past it.

Also, everything that has a beginning also has an ending.

That's what you need to get yourself in the door. You need to understand the Four Noble Truths and be working on getting past suffering but that's just contemplation until you need the understanding .

Be well, no where man. We will meet some day, I know that .

Seven headed beast

Awaited One
It is not true "no characteristic by which God is identified".
God is love. If you never quit looking for real and true love, you will know God.

f you're looking for it than how will you know it? If you continue to seek it out then you have not found it, and how could you know it?

I'm confused by your statement.

If you knew God like I knowGod, than you would know that unconditional love is based on the yin and yang which is the law of laws. The acme of cosmic statutes. And law by which everything is bound and connected. The Old Man is a loving individual but that is the protocol only half the time.

The better notion is that He is a fair individual who is not inclined towards benevolent nor malevolent. Every action is reconcilable and there is no forgivenesss, especially from Him. I know this all too well. I have been made to prereconcile myself to the cosmos for something that I cannot fathom anything being great enough to offset all of the unconditional love that I have suffered.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Seven headed beast

You seem pretty sure of yourself Carlita.

Actually, there is no "sin". That's a construct of the church. The squiggly line between the yang and yin is repsentitive of the fact that there are different circumstances to every action and every action is reconcilable. What there is is malevolent action and benevolent actions, and you work from that angle. Like I said everything is reconcilable.

You are not understanding that the church pretty much screwed every one with its lies.and created a God that was to be feared and a mystery but not an individual who is more man then you know. He is the Holy Ghost but He is also a man. Who likes fords and sprint cars and good and plentys and Dr. Pepper and barbecued ribs.

He plays the banjo and likes to spend time in his garden, and has commanded emeritus status since before the flood of Noah.

The fact that you think it's wrong only means that you lack understanding. You are under the thumb of the church and their desire to keep us all distanced from Him and in fear with averted eyes and kowtowing and whatnot.

Because of what the church did to the adherents of to Christianity He does not go yto church on Sunday. He never has.

As for what they did was create lies that have excluded Christians by and large from ascending to heaven. There is no forgiveness. That's the lie. The word forgiveness does not appear one time in Revelation 20, where it tells about the judgement. The truth is that we are judged by our "work" which is karma.

Thinking they were going to be forgiven, Christians proceeded to do things to be forgiven for. They for the most part have dug themselves in to a pit of karmic debt that they can never climb out of in time. This is the last go round for the rrebirth/reincarnation protocol. There are no more trips through the grinder to find the understanding that is needed to ascend when you move through the bright light. You must also possess your akashic record in the light.

So, you might consider opening your mind and do less speaking and more thinking.

There are only two kinds of temples in heaven and those are Buddhist temples and masonic temples. There are no churches in heaven.​

I don't understand how one, this has to do with Buddhism and two, it has to do with anything I said. You don't know a thing about my experiences and knowledge of Buddhism, Catholicism, and Christianity in general.

Also, you're not the OP, so what are you talking about?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There is a mystical saying.....God can only reveal God to God.

It is actually quite logical when one considers another mystical saying......God is one, nothing separate from God can ever enter into God.

Where is the kingdom of God to be found?

RESOLUTION

How can you know?

TRUTH... I have to say that truth is the greatest source of knowing which God and why the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob the only God.

If you look at the Jews today and throughout History you see the promise of God to Abraham a reality.
More descendants that you can count and through the Jews all nations of the earth have been blessed.
Every promise God made he kept. By obeying his words they were prosperous and this caused jealousy and fear amongst
nations that they might take over the countries where they were prosperous.

Speaking on a personal note I have to say that I believe in the ONE God who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because his promises are still shown to be true everywhere in
the world today. The only God who made himself known to his creation and remained there with them and all the world, ever since.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
f you're looking for it than how will you know it? If you continue to seek it out then you have not found it, and how could you know it?
It is about seeking to do the will of God. God isn't a thing to be found. It is a forever journey.
That might be why most people won't take it. To want it to end is not love.