• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You should just get some “white out “ for your Bible so you can get rid of what you don’t agree with and write in what you want.

But that would ruin the humorous nature of the book. We know that you do that. I have no problem at all with the fact that the Bible is full of errors, self contradiction, poor morals, and other failings.

What makes me wonder is why would anyone worship such an incompetent and evil being.

tarasan

I was not vague in the least. You were trying to use an argument from emotion, an improper debating technique. No one was talking about a child dying,, or a baby dying. A fetus is neither.

Since you would not own up to your error I took you literally. A child dying in the womb can only happen if a kid crawls back up in there.

I'm not arguing from emotion mate I have repeatedly said that the interpretation is vague it doesn't not have to mean the death of the fetus. It could mean all manner of things from a mark on the abdomain to the women becoming barren. Could u address that?

But that would ruin the humorous nature of the book. We know that you do that. I have no problem at all with the fact that the Bible is full of errors, self contradiction, poor morals, and other failings.

What makes me wonder is why would anyone worship such an incompetent and evil being.
And that my friend is what disqualifies you from interpreting scripture, unbelievers cannot discern spiritual truth. You’ve only proven you are looking at things through an unbelieving, worldly view, a demonic view. It’s not new.

Sorry, you don't get to use the Bible to excuse your God's poor behavior. That is the worst sort of circular reasoning.

You keep claiming God wrote it. The criminal does not get to write his own excuse slip and use it as evidence at a trial.
He did write it, He is the Author and so you’re saying a judge is now wrong and immoral for prosecuting criminals.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm not arguing from emotion mate I have repeatedly said that the interpretation is vague it doesn't not have to mean the death of the fetus. It could mean all manner of things from a mark on the abdomain to the women becoming barren. Could u address that?
The verse is really not all that vague. I can understand why an antiabortionist would not like it. But that does not make it vague.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And that my friend is what disqualifies you from interpreting scripture, unbelievers cannot discern spiritual truth. You’ve only proven you are looking at things through an unbelieving, worldly view, a demonic view. It’s not new.
Please don't give me that spiritual truth BS. You are disqualified because you believe that your God is a liar and refuse to learn how we know that. You appear to be unable to discern an even larger truth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He did write it, He is the Author and so you’re saying a judge is now wrong and immoral for prosecuting criminals.
Nope, not even the Bible makes that error. And no, I am saying that a judge cannot be guilty of the crimes that he judges others for and have any authority.

Instead of claiming that God is immoral you should perhaps look at your interpretation of your book of myths.

tarasan

The verse is really not all that vague. I can understand why an antiabortionist would not like it. But that does not make it vague.
The language talks about the abdomain not the foetus it could mean all kinds of things. Again the bible doesn't shy away from talking about killing so why not talk about killing the foetus blatantly?

Truly amazing! You don't expect your God to be moral. My prophecy was that you would say that your God is not moral.

Of course you believe that your God is a liar so there is no end to the odd beliefs that you have.

How was you exactly following my prophecy almost to the letter not better than what old Zeke said?

Truly amazing! You don't expect your God to be moral. My prophecy was that you would say that your God is not moral.

Of course you believe that your God is a liar so there is no end to the odd beliefs that you have.

How was you exactly following my prophecy almost to the letter not better than what old Zeke said?
Your quote: I do believe that you were the first with that verse. And thank you. The typical response will be "It's not immoral if God does it.

That’s not prophetic: it would be like me saying you’re probably going to comment and say Numbers 5 says God is pro-abortion after I tell you you’re wrong to assume Numbers 5 isn’t about abortion as you already agreed a long time ago.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The language talks about the abdomain not the foetus it could mean all kinds of things. Again the bible doesn't shy away from talking about killing so why not talk about killing the foetus blatantly?
Sometimes even the writers of the Bible had some shame.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It’s like saying see you in the morning and then he sees you in the

Your quote: I do believe that you were the first with that verse. And thank you. The typical response will be "It's not immoral if God does it.

That’s not prophetic: it would be like me saying you’re probably going to comment and say Numbers 5 says God is pro-abortion after I tell you you’re wrong to assume Numbers 5 isn’t about abortion as you already agreed a long time ago.
It is quite prophetic and much more accurate than Zeke's failed Tyre prophecy. You have to demote all prophecy to the level of your example to have that be fulfilled.

But I do like how you treat the fact that your version of God is a very evil one for granted.

tarasan

Sometimes even the writers of the Bible had some shame.
Ok so my point is that text is very vague as it says abdomain which cns mean a variety of things and so it's unclear what it means.

You say no it's clear. So can u please tell me why it has to mean abortion and not something else? I'm not sure you saying "the must have felt bad" is cause enough to confirm that abortion was the intent

Please don't give me that spiritual truth BS. You are disqualified because you believe that your God is a liar and refuse to learn how we know that. You appear to be unable to discern an even larger truth.
Actually God gave me authority to proclaim His Word and said this about you:
“For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is the power of God to us who are being saved. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the intelligence of the intelligent. Where is the one who is wise? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the debater of this age? Hasn’t God made the world’s wisdom foolish? For since, in God’s wisdom, the world did not know God through wisdom, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of what is preached. For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Gentiles. Yet to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God, because God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18-25‬ ‭CSB‬‬

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok so my point is that text is very vague as it says abdomain which cns mean a variety of things and so it's unclear what it means.

You say no it's clear. So can u please tell me why it has to mean abortion and not something else? I'm not sure you saying "the must have felt bad" is cause enough to confirm that abortion was the intent
And this error has been explained several times inn the thread. You keep focusing on words and not meanings. To understand meanings you would need to understand euphemisms and figures of speech. When you focus on particular words you admit that you do not understand the context.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually God gave me authority to proclaim His Word and said this about you:
“For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is the power of God to us who are being saved. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the intelligence of the intelligent. Where is the one who is wise? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the debater of this age? Hasn’t God made the world’s wisdom foolish? For since, in God’s wisdom, the world did not know God through wisdom, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of what is preached. For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Gentiles. Yet to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God, because God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18-25‬ ‭CSB‬‬
LOL, and back to circular reasoning.

I love how you desperately try to use the Bible to prove that God is evil.

tarasan

And this error has been explained several times inn the thread. You keep focusing on words and not meanings. To understand meanings you would need to understand euphemisms and figures of speech. When you focus on particular words you admit that you do not understand the context.
I do understand the the context this was an attempt to discover if a women had been faithful to the husband and the withering of the abdomain was the sign as to weather this could be or not. The actual sign is unclear it could be a mark on the flesh, baroness frig it could mean massive cramps. There are many ways that can be interpreted.

The context is that in those times they did not shy away from talking about killing things, so why not blatantly state it now? So again tell me why it has to mean abortion and not be something else

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do understand the the context this was an attempt to discover if a women had been faithful to the husband and the withering of the abdomain was the sign as to weather this could be or not. The actual sign is unclear it could be a mark on the flesh, baroness frig it could mean massive cramps. There are many ways that can be interpreted.

The context is that in those times they did not shy away from talking about killing things, so why not blatantly state it now? So again tell me why it has to mean abortion and not be something else
Yes, we can see that you need to put your own spin on it. As I have already pointed out this is not a new interpretation. Read back, the links are still there. I get tired of going over the same points time after time.

tarasan

Yes, we can see that you need to put your own spin on it. As I have already pointed out this is not a new interpretation. Read back, the links are still there. I get tired of going over the same points time after time.

Ok explain to me in the context of the ancient jews why this needs to mean abortion and not something else? Could it be u are interpreting it was a 21st century person?

Is there anywhere else you can find in the bible that substantiates that interpretation of this text and is perhaps more clear? Is other texts outside the bible that takes the view I have described?

If u are unable to show that is the thinking of the ancient jews or present another instance were that view is presented clearer then it's a vague bit of text that u are choosing to interpret in that way rather it being clear

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It’s about how foolish your wisdom is and all those false teachers and scholars you trust.
And yet you rely on them every day of your life. Don't you think that is more than a little bit hypocritical? If you don't believe these teachers why do you enjoy their fruits almost continually?