• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God Insane?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If humanity has been created in the image of God....
is there some other conclusion?

DarkSun

:eltiT
If humanity has been created in the image of God....
is there some other conclusion?

There are multiple answers.

1 - One could believe that God is the net consciousness of all people.
2 - Or that the Old Testament should not be taken 100% literally.
3 - That God uses evolution as a means of "creation".
4 - Maybe that God made us in His image, and that we all resemble God, but are not His exact replica.
5 - Someone might believe that we resemble God emotionally, but not physically.
6 - Someone might not believe in the God that created us in His image to begin with.
7 - If six is true, then maybe God doesn't have a form to begin with and we were created as a unique piece of work.
8 - Maybe someone isn't monotheistic.
9 - Maybe someone is pantheistic, polytheistic or humanistic.
10 - In which case, your whole argument fails.
11 - Bite me.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nice list.
But I need to scratch off items#10 and#11.
Perhaps the image of God looks (rhetorically) like you?

DarkSun

Nice list.
But I need to scratch off items#10 and#11.
Perhaps the image of God looks (rhetorically) like you?

I don't pretend to understand the exact nature of something that can never be understood. Perhaps God is the net sum of all consciousness. Or perhaps He isn't. Who knows, really? I just know that to me, He exists. Simple. :p

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
God is imaginary. And when someone has an imaginary friend that they truly think is real. Or if that friend is just a voice in your head, the person is generally called crazy. Now using logic we can connect the idea that god is imaginary to the idea that many people believe in him fervently. Meaning everyone that believes in god is crazy(by most people's definition of crazy).

gzusfrk

Christian
This one should do it!!!...Thief here.....

I suggest a quick display of what you think sanity is...followed by your quick description of God.
The two portions should come together neatly.....good luck!
sanity is two people getting along. discription of God, thats funny

DarkSun

God is imaginary. And when someone has an imaginary friend that they truly think is real. Or if that friend is just a voice in your head, the person is generally called crazy. Now using logic we can connect the idea that god is imaginary to the idea that many people believe in him fervently. Meaning everyone that believes in god is crazy(by most people's definition of crazy).

Actually, no. Everyone percieves reality differently to a certain extent, but that doesn't mean that every individual is surrounded by a world of crazy people.

Last edited:

Troublemane

People who hear voices that tell them to hurt others, if they act on it, then yes they are a danger to other people and must be dealt with. But if someone hears voices and it helps them, or they are able to learn something from it, or the messages they receive thereby changes peoples' lives in a positive way, then HEY! thats all for the Good! We probably shouldnt throw that person in a padded cell. But how do we know the difference? Guess its subjective.

If a person hearing voices gathers people around them and says that only they can mate with the women of the group, or that armageddon is near so all the people have to give them all their money,....WARNING> this is probably not a prophet/holy person!

But if the person just randomly gives help and support to people without any need for repayment or recognition ,then this person is probably on a true sacred path. And you might wanna take a moment to reflect on what they said. ***these critieria are not set in stone***

RESOLUTION

This one should do it!!!...Thief here.....

I suggest a quick display of what you think sanity is...followed by your quick description of God.

Is Gods sanity measured by his own ability and method of reasoning or the reasoning of that which he created...you?

So God is sane... the creation can become insane because it is no longer perfect, so the created questions the ability of the deity he believes using in his own 'created' reasoning.

God: The uncreated and unseen being who is all powerful and all knowing...
Does the insane beget the sane?:slap:

Well let's face it... you did start this...:p

Hello to everyone! I can see the funny side of most things...:yes:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's been awhile since anyone posted to this thread.

So......imagine....
You are alone. Infinitely...alone.
No light...no darkness...no voice...no echo...(the void).

To say "I am!"....you begin creating, and your creation is a reflection of yourself.
You call your creation.....good.

Then you realize....you are still alone.

Then you create Man.

At what point does the word 'insanity' come to play?

ellenjanuary

Absolutely. Understanding god beyond understanding is only the first step towards truly understanding ourselves. Now then; care to explain "reality television?"

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Just kicking some old dust around

This one should do it!!!...