• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Woman?

Sententia

If god is male...then why couldn't he make men's "equipment" a bit more pleasing to the eye? Shouldn't men be more beautiful and awe-inspiring than women? I mean, after all, we women are just an "after-thought" really...right?

Beuty is in the eye of the beholder.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Beuty is in the eye of the beholder.

Who's the beholder here?

Father and son:
78908121_931aca5510.jpg

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
If god is male...then why couldn't he make men's "equipment" a bit more pleasing to the eye? Shouldn't men be more beautiful and awe-inspiring than women? I mean, after all, we women are just an "after-thought" really...right?
Adam asked God about Eve.
First he asked, "Why did you make Eve so beautiful?"
God replied, "So that you would be attracted to her.
"But why did you make her so charming?"
"So that you would love her," God answered.
But why did you make her so stupid?" Adam queried.
"Oh that's easy," God replied, "So that she could love you."

GURSIKH

chardi kla
I would think god would be genderless.

its true bcoz guru nanak says

ਜਾਪੁ ਸਾਹਿਬ
जापु साहिब
JAPU SAHIB

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
The Lord is One and can be attained through the grace of the true Guru.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ ॥
स्री वाहिगुरू जी की फ़तह ॥
The Lord is One and the victory is of the Lord

ਚੱਕ੍ਰ ਚਿਹਨ ਅਰੁ ਬਰਨ ਜਾਤਿ ਅਰੁ ਪਾਤਿ ਨਹਿਨ ਜਿਹ ॥
च्क्र चिहन अरु बरन जाति अरु पाति नहिन जिह ॥
who is without mark or sign, He who is without caste or line.

ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਅਰੁ ਰੇਖ ਭੇਖ ਕੋਊ ਕਹਿ ਨ ਸਕਤਿ ਕਿਹ ॥
रूप रंग अरु रेख भेख कोऊ कहि न सकति किह ॥
who is without colour or form, and without any distinctive norm.

ਅਚਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਨਭਉ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ ਕਹਿਜੈ ॥
अचल मूरति अनभउ प्रकास अमितोजि कहिजै ॥
who is without limit and motion, All effulgence, non-descript Ocean.

ਕੋਟਿ ਇੰਦ੍ਰ ਇੰਦ੍ਰਾਣਿ ਸਾਹੁ ਸਾਹਾਣਿ ਗਣਿਜੈ ॥
कोटि इंद्र इंद्राणि साहु साहाणि गणिजै ॥
The Lord of millions of Indras and kings, the Master of all worlds and beings.

ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਮਹੀਪ ਸੁਰ ਨਰ ਅਸੁਰ ਨੇਤਿ ਨੇਤਿ ਬਨ ਤ੍ਰਿਣ ਕਹਤ ॥
त्रिभवण महीप सुर नर असुर नेति नेति बन त्रिण कहत ॥
Each twig of the foliage proclaims: "Not this Thou art.

ਤ੍ਵ ਸਰਬ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੈ ਕਵਨ ਕਰਮ ਨਾਮ ਬਰਣਤ ਸੁਮਤਿ ॥੧॥
त्व सरब नाम कथै कवन करम नाम बरणत सुमति ॥१॥
All Thy Names cannot be told. One doth impart Thy Action-Name with benign heart.1.

ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਕਾਲੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੇ ॥
नमसत्वं अकाले ॥ नमसत्वं क्रिपाले ॥
Salutation to Thee O Timeless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Beneficent Lord!

ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਰੂਪੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤ੍ਵੰ ਅਨੂਪੇ ॥੨॥
नमसत्वं अरूपे ॥ नमसत्वं अनूपे ॥२॥
Salutation to Thee O Formless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Wonderful Lord! 2.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੇਖੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਲੇਖੇ ॥
नमसतं अभेखे ॥ नमसतं अलेखे ॥
Salutation to Thee O Garbless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Accountless Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਕਾਏ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜਾਏ ॥੩॥
नमसतं अकाए ॥ नमसतं अजाए ॥३॥
Salutation to Thee O Bodyless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Unborn Lord!3.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਗੰਜੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੰਜੇ ॥
नमसतं अगंजे ॥ नमसतं अभंजे ॥
Salutation to Thee O Indestructible Lord! Salutation to Thee O Indivisible Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨਾਮੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਠਾਮੇ ॥੪॥
नमसतं अनामे ॥ नमसतं अठामे ॥४॥
Salutation to Thee O Nameless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Non-Spatial Lord! 4.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਧਰਮੰ ॥
नमसतं अकरमं ॥ नमसतं अधरमं ॥
Salutation to Thee O Deedless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Non-Religious Lord!

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਨਾਮੰ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਧਾਮੰ ॥੫॥
नमसतं अनामं ॥ नमसतं अधामं ॥५॥
Salutation to Thee O Nameless Lord! Salutation to Thee O Abodeless Lord! 5.

ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਜੀਤੇ ॥ ਨਮਸਤੰ ਅਭੀਤੇ ॥
नमसतं अजीते ॥ नमसतं अभीते ॥
Salutation to Thee O Unconquerable Lord! Salutation to Thee O Fearless Lord!

love

Last edited:
Jesus had boobs. Pls read John chapter 13. It says The disciple whom jesus loved was leaning on Jesus' BREAST.
Amazing finding.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus had boobs. Pls read John chapter 13. It says The disciple whom jesus loved was leaning on Jesus' BREAST.
Amazing finding.
Kinda puts a new twist on "the land flowing with milk and honey..."

It also begs the question: Was Jesus lactose intolerant?

Plus, it raises the issue of whether Jesus wore a bro.

Marietta

Greetings, From my perspective:
If God were male it would imply that he was not complete. He would be imbalanced lacking the ability to create. It takes a balance in polarity to create.

God is Androgynous holding both gender in perfect balance. In higher realms we do not procreate in the same manner that we do in this fallen realm we find ourselves existing in. To begin with death is not a natural process. It is caused by Molecular compaction. In non fallen reality fields the bringing of a new energy/consciousness into that reality is given much consideration and the entire community takes part in the planning of such and event. This does not happen through the very vulgar exchange of bodily fluids, as is the case in this realm. It is done though the exchange of energy and the energy develops into a body outside the body in a kind of egg. We live in a fallen system where everything run on reversed currents.

Some females hold both genders in balance without being Androgynous as is symbolized in the words wo-man, fe-male and so on. This is also seen in the Hebrew word Elohim (mistakenly translated God, masculine), ahleph, lahmed, he, yod mem- Elhim: El=God Elh=Goddess and the im is a plural ending.

Through out history there have been reports of virgin births, which can only happen when one holds Gender in balance.

In Genesis One 27: God creates human kind male and female (androgynous). In Genesis chapter two God creates a garden and puts a person in the garden to take care of it. Two different stories. In Genesis chapter one the Elohim (plural) (let US create man in OUR image) do the creating. In Genesis chapter two a specific Elohim called by the four letters(YHVH) does the creating. In Genesis one the universe and earth are created first then mankind is created last. In Chapter two Adam is created first then a garden is created for him/her to live in. The word Gan in Hebrew translates literally Gene garden. It was a laboratory used to manipulate mankind through cross breeding.
All of mankind was androgynous until they ate from the tree of polarity (good and evil), when the split happened. Woman was not taken from man and the Hebrew text verifies this. The female energy encased the male energy (the womb so to speak) and she simply moved out of he way when requested to do so, to release that energy to go on its own path. The verse where supposedly Eve is taken from a rib of Adam can literally be translated something like this: Elohim asked all that was beautiful, good, pure, and holy to leave and mysteriously of her own accord she did so.
The god that is taught in religion is very masculine and if you follow the traits of this god you will see that he is very angry, hatful, needs to build his self esteem demanding worship and sacrifice. He makes those who follow him give him all their power, he kills and torments those who have never heard of him and so on and so on. sic The female aspect would not do this as the female energy uses compassion which is considered as a weakness to the male energy.
This male god tells us that killing is bad and then kills those who don't do things exactly as he commands. This god sent out Soul to a land where the people are living according to his laws and told Saul to kill the men, women, children and the animals. Saul did as ordered but kept some of the animals to feed his men and for this he was condemned by god. Aaron's son offers god a sacrifice and is killed for doing so.
There is more than one god represented in the bible. Sometimes it is the Elohim and other times it is the very angry, hateful god that goes by the tettragramaton (four letters, YHVH). These four letters literally mean hand (or actions) of destruction.

Michelangelo depicted Jesus as very feminine in his painting of the last supper. This is because Jesus was Androgynous. When restoring the Cistine Chapel the forbid those doing the work to take off the loin cloth of Jesus. In the original painting nobody had clothes on. They removed all the clothing except from Jesus. Wonder what they are hiding?

Being Love and Light, Marietta

S-word

Who's the boob here? ;)

After reading some of the comments made here in reference to the beloved disciple leaning on the breast of Jesus, one must doubt, if intelligent life exist here. When they eat the breast of a chicken do they spit out the boobs?

Last edited:

S-word

A good answer Marietta, and I would refer you to a comment that I have made in a previous thread this morning, in fact I will copy it here as it reflects much of what you have said.

No species can dominate the life on earth for over three million years without developing intelligence. It is written in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that before the creation of mankind on this earth, the feet of God’s son was on earth but his head was in paradise. But knowing the nature of the animal spirit of the lower place and not wanting his son destroyed, God put his heavenly son into a deep sleep. God did this by destroying the prehuman body of life on earth from which he was gathering the best of the spirits into the heavenly enclosure that was his growing son (The Light of Man) which would later be made manifest as the body of mankind the Lord of Creatures and the most high in creation. Before falling into a state of apparent nonexistence, the heavenly child cried out “Mother” as he watched the earthly body from which he was being formed, destroyed. In the Book of Genesis in relation to the six periods of universal activity that it took before the formation of mankind, it is said that the observer of the creation of each day is pleased with that day’s work, then evening descends, which period of universal darkness would appear to our finite minds as an eternity.

But on the sixth day, after the formation of all the great land animals which included the dinosaurs, it is written that the observer was pleased, but on this day evening does not then descend, for it is then that the Lord to the glory of the creator says, and now, let us make man in our image and likeness, see Genesis 2 in reference to the seven generations of the universe, it was on the seventh day which is the resting cycle of the creator God and according to the Psuedepigraha of the Old Testament, the Lord then takes some soil from the earth and creates an image of himself, and demanded that the spirits of the lower place, (the spirits from the earthly life forms of the sixth period of universal activity that had been destroyed) Bow before the image of Godhead, the most high and first born of creation who was able to comprehend the invisible mind that was He. This was the division of the spirits, those who obeyed the Lord and bowed to his image, were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Adam was their compilation, and those who refused to bow to the image of the Lord were gathered into the spiritual enclosure of which Eve was their compilation and the lord named that enclosure after the last words spoken by his heavenly son, “MOTHER” or that is to say Eve which name means ‘mother’. Genesis 5, After God had created man like himself, (an androgynous being) male and female created he them and named them Adam. The Lord then took the already existing seed that remained in the earth after the great extermination and he planted a garden in Eden where he placed Adam.

Let me read to you from the Book of Adam and Eve, whether or not you believe what the spirit is trying to reveal to you in this story, is up to you. If this debate continues beyond this comment, we may perhaps be able to delve deeper into this apparent mystery, but for now, let us continue. After Adam had been driven out of paradise and returned to the lower place just after the great event in which the life on earth had been annihilated, from which he had been formed, he cried out to the devil who was tormenting his wife ‘Eve,’ “Why do you torment us so?” And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: “O Adam! All my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens in the midsts of the angels and for thee was I cast down to the earth.’

Adam answered, “What dost thou tell me? What have I done to thee, or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us? The Devil replied, “Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled from that place. When thou wast formed, I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life, and thy face and thy likeness were made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made us worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord (Jahel or Lord to the glory of the creator) spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness.” And Michael went out and called all the angels saying: “Worship the image of God as the Lord (Jah) God (El) hath commanded.” And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said, “Worship the image of God the Lord.” And I answered, “I have no need to worship Adam.” And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, “Why dost thou urge me?” I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation, before he was made I was already made. It is Adam’s duty to worship me.”

When the angels who were under me, heard this, they also refused to worship Adam, (These were the spirits within the enclosure of who Eve was their compilation) And Michael saith, “Worship the image of God, (The Most High and Lord of Creatures) but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord (Jah) God (El) will be wrath with thee.” But he, (The ruling spirit of all those who are gathered in to the spiritual enclose of which Eve was the compilation) said, “If he be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the highest himself.” And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on thy account, were we expelled from our abodes into this world and were hurled on the earth. And straight way we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we were grieved when we saw thee in such Joy and luxury (In the Garden of Eden). And with guile I (The Spiritual godhead of the upright walking serpent) cheated thy wife Eve and caused thee to be expelled through her doing from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory, etc. It is also written somewhere else in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that after Satan had been hurled down to the earth of the sixth cycle of universal activity and while Adam was still in Paradise, the ruling spirit in the enclosure that was Eve whose pregnant body today has become the entire body of mankind, then understood that God was about to bring in a new creation and so he entered into Eve who was still in paradise in the Garden of Eden and deceived her, but he was unable to touch Adam.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
After reading some of the comments made here in reference to the beloved disciple leaning on the breast of Jesus, one must doubt, if intelligent life exist here.
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” -Calvin

curtisloew

God is not a woman. God is not a man. God resembles no human characteristics and by exemplifying him with such characteristics we limit his every being, thus making him imaginable for ourselves but actually diminishing from what he actually means and is. Rather term God with silence, not 'God' persay, or 'Father' but --- it's a thought anyway!

S-word

Of course I am.

I got a mate who's an idigenous Aussie and he owns a fifty foot trawler and is six foot three with hands like a gorilla (They almost drag on the ground) and he's as rough headed as any man you could ever meet. He'd just returned after fishing up around the Torris Straight Islands, when I met him in the pub, where he said to me, "You know old mate? While I was up in the islands I met God," "Did you? I said, "Yea," he answered, "And she was big, black and beautiful," from the look of your picture, I'm sure that he was not referring to you and so I very much doubt that you're telling us the truth.

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I dunno if this has already been said (I don't feel like reading through all 18 pages :p) but according to George Carlin (may he RIP):

"I firmly believe, lookin' at these results, that if there IS a God, it has to be a man. No woman could or would ever **** things up like this."

Here's the video
YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bull****.
Warning: A lot of profanity, and can be offensive :p (Hey, it's George Carlin, of course it is)

A

angellous_evangellous

I have heard of this view, but I have never really understood it. Is there anyone that believes that God is a woman that can explain the rationale behind this belief?

Yep. God is a woman. God being a woman would really make Nietzsche angry.

'nuff said

idea

Question Everything
26 And God said, Let us make man(kind) in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
(Old Testament | Genesis1:26 - 27)

The image of the gods is "male and female". There were at least 2 of Them in the creation process (us, our, etc.) at least one of them male, and one female. ;) the image of God is "male and female" - just in case no one posted this yet (sory, I did not read through the entire thread)

Blue Letter Bible - Gen 1 (KJV)
elohiym is plural... Children is the plural of child... cherubim is the plural of cherub... elohiym is the plural of el... the "m" ending makes things plural in Hebrew.