• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God a Subconscious Entity?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is God our mind?

Our mind answers prayers, is extraordinary, etc. It keeps us alive everyday.

This world wouldn't exist without our mind, for without our mind we wouldn't be conscious, thus we wouldn't know of this world, though it could physically exist.

Or is God in our mind?

Is God a placebo affect, in our mind?

Is God an emotion?
I prefer to call a mind a mind, a brain a brain, an emotion an emotion, etc.

I don't see how the term god clarifies or adds anything to those labels. I can, however, see how adding the term god could add all sorts of misunderstandings with people who have other thoughts of what gods are. So I think I'll stick with not using it for any of those things.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
The entire concept of mathematics-God having a mind is nonsensical. All possible minds are mathematical constructs, and so a subset of mathematics.

God creates us in his image. In other words we have the potential to be just like him. That is his goal for all of us. See what I'm saying here?

The concept of emotions in general seem very limiting to a supposedly all-God.

Well yeah emotions do limit God, because he is much more than we all can cognize.

I am fairly certain that everything consistent can be described by mathematics, and everything inconsistent can't be described at all.

That's because you think everything has to be created. God is, and was never created. He can't be figured out with math. He is beyond that.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
God creates us in his image. In other words we have the potential to be just like him. That is his goal for all of us. See what I'm saying here?
Yes, but I'm pointing out you're being ambiguous. You're actual descriptions of God's properties and attributes do not rule out sliding "mathematics" into the gap, when you are obviously not talking about a thing as abstract as that. You're talking about a comprehensible, semi-concrete, even partially anthropomorphic being, but that isn't what you're description actually entails.

For instance, God can't be everything. "Everything" is not strictly defined.

Well yeah emotions do limit God, because he is much more than we all can cognize.
So how do you know anything about Him?
That's because you think everything has to be created. God is, and was never created.
I don't believe I mentioned anything being created. Was I mistaken?
He can't be figured out with math. He is beyond that.
Then he is inconsistent and you are talking nonsense.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Yes, but I'm pointing out you're being ambiguous. You're actual descriptions of God's properties and attributes do not rule out sliding "mathematics" into the gap, when you are obviously not talking about a thing as abstract as that. You're talking about a comprehensible, semi-concrete, even partially anthropomorphic being, but that isn't what you're description actually entails.

I guess we're now misunderstanding each other. I really am not sure what your point is at all in this discussion.

For instance, God can't be everything. "Everything" is not strictly defined.

I know it's hard to cognize but everything is thought and created by God.

So how do you know anything about Him?

I take my Guru's word for it. I do know that God is bliss and love for I've experienced that myself.

I don't believe I mentioned anything being created. Was I mistaken?

No, I'm just trying to understand how math relates to God at all besides that he created it.

Then he is inconsistent and you are talking nonsense.

Well God can be unpredictable. Only God knowing Saints know exactly how God operates. God's universal laws are mathematical though and are consistent. I guess God can be consistent but my point is math can't be used to try to figure out his means. He is to vast for a formula my friend.