• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bill O'Reilly a Wise, Good, or Honest Man?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I wouldn't want to judge him, but [there has to be a BUT!] he acts like every other mainstream media talk-head. Obnoxious. :shrug:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wouldn't want to judge him...

Why wouldn't you want to judge him? He's both a public figure and he himself is in the judgment business. He wouldn't hesitate to judge you or anyone else, so why wouldn't you want to judge him?

PureX

Veteran Member
From what I've seen; he's an egomaniac who's willing to be a paid on-air bully-boy so that he can be "famous". He needs the attention and adulation so badly that he ignores the damage he does to his audience and to society as a whole to get it. Certainly not the makings of a hero, or of anything even close.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Is Bill O'Reilly a wise, good, or honest man?
It is not fair to answer this question based solely on his TV show. True, he is a public figure, and people have the right to hold any opinion they wish even if that opinion is uninformed.:sorry1:

As a political pundit, his schtick is to conduct his show in such a way to pique people's interest and draw ratings. He does this by voicing an opinion on a topic and then inviting guests on his show who either corroborate what he's saying or express a contrary opinion so he can argue with them.

Since I've never met the man in person, I cannot say if he is a 'good' or 'honest' man. He has no shortage of topics or guests and certainly is making a good living doing something he enjoys. I would submit that fact alone suggests that he is very wise indeed.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It is not fair to answer this question based solely on his TV show. True, he is a public figure, and people have the right to hold any opinion they wish even if that opinion is uninformed.:sorry1:

As a political pundit, his schtick is to conduct his show in such a way to pique people's interest and draw ratings. He does this by voicing an opinion on a topic and then inviting guests on his show who either corroborate what he's saying or express a contrary opinion so he can argue with them.

Since I've never met the man in person, I cannot say if he is a 'good' or 'honest' man. He has no shortage of topics or guests and certainly is making a good living doing something he enjoys. I would submit that fact alone suggests that he is very wise indeed.

Great post! But I wonder, Glen, is it possible to make a ton of money and yet not be a very wise person?

Nanda

Polyanna
But I wonder, is it possible to make a ton of money and yet not be a very wise person?

I would say so. There's a difference between cunning and wise, for one thing. Also, look at all the idiot celebrities who are incredibly rich.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
All of the above, in my TV-impression of him, anyway. I think you would have to meet the man to really be able to say.

Dr. Nosophoros

He hasn't gotten fired so he made money for someone somewhere- what do you want- public television?- you avoid those channels.

It's what sells folks, and that is what you see.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bogus thread, Exactly the same as the Rush thread. Exact same opinions as well. Been there done that. Waste of time.
Why is this a "bogus thread?" Some of us despice O'Reilly, others dont, and some are nuetral towards him.
The question is, if you feel this is a bogus thread, why are you wasting your time by reading and posting on it?

Joe_Stocks

Back from the Dead
If you look at what he has done with regards to Jessica's Law (a bill that severly punishes child sex predators instead of releasing them relatively quickly) I think he has done a tremendously good thing