• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Bahai a real faith?

Popeyesays

The Truth said:
Finally, i want you brother popey to study these given hadiths and tell me according to what you understand directly from them not through what you "believe in" the same with me when i ignored all the garbage i found about Baha'i faith and time_spender gave you already some of it but i was trying to find it out by myself and my own understanding not through websites.

Narrated Abu Said: Allah's Apostle said, "Noah and his nation will come (on the Day of Resurrection and Allah will ask (Noah), "Did you convey (the Message)?' He will reply, 'Yes, O my Lord!' Then Allah will ask Noah's nation, 'Did Noah convey My Message to you?' They will reply, 'No, no prophet came to us.' Then Allah will ask Noah, 'Who will stand a witness for you?' He will reply, 'Muhammad and his followers (will stand witness for me).' So, I and my followers will stand as witnesses for him (that he conveyed Allah's Message)." That is, (the interpretation) of the Statement of Allah: "Thus we have made you a just and the best nation that you might be witnesses Over mankind .." (2.143) (Book #55, Hadith #555)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?" He said, "Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship." (Book #56, Hadith #661)

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim: Allah's Apostle said, "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad; I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate infidelity; I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, the people being resurrected there after; and I am also Al-'Aqib (i.e. There will be no prophet after me)." (Book #56, Hadith #732)

Narrated Sad: Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me." (Book #59, Hadith #700)

Narrated Isma'il: I asked Abi Aufa, "Did you see Ibrahim, the son of the Prophet ?" He said, "Yes, but he died in his early childhood. Had there been a Prophet after Muhammad then his son would have lived, but there is no prophet after him." (Book #73, Hadith #214)

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Nothing is left of the prophetism except Al-Mubashshirat." They asked, "What are Al-Mubashshirat?" He replied, "The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings)." (Book #87, Hadith #119)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: While I was sleeping, the treasures of the earth were presented to me and I was made to wear in my hands two gold bangles. I felt a sort of burden upon me and I was disturbed and it was suggested to me that I should blow over them, so I blew and both of them disappeared. I interpreted them as two great liars who would appear at any time, one is the inhabitant of Sana' and the other is that of Yamama. (Book #029, Hadith #5651)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come until there would arise about thirty impostors, liars, and each one of them would claim that he is a messenger of Allah. (Book #041, Hadith #6988)

Also,

Abu Huraira observed that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "In the latter Days there will come forth men who will deceive the world by religion, clothed before men in sheepskin because of gentleness (please read same thing Jesus said in the section on Christianity's Answer), their tonggues sweeter than sugar, and their hearts the hearts of wolves." (Tirmidhi)

Finally, ibn taymiah and many other scholars confirm that a "Messenger" is the whom God sent to the unbelievers but on the other hand, a "prophet" is the one whom God send to the believers just to judge among them with the law they have recieved before this prophet by a "Messenger".

[44] It was We who revealed the Law (to Musa): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the Prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's Will, by the Rabbis and the Doctors of Law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear Me, and sell not My Signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers. (Quran 5:44).

Therefore, as you can see in the verse all the prophets to the sons of isarel after Moses(The prophet and Messenger of God) were judging only through the law given to Moses by God and they can't change it.

[40] Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things. (Quran 33:40)

Why didn't God said and the seal of Messengers?

That's because being the seal of messengers so that means there would be some other prophets after him but when Allah said seal of prophets so that means by logic there is no messenger of God after him because prophet Mohammed already stated: "no prophet after me". So, we know from this that there will be no messenger of God because there is no prophet after him but he is the seal of prophets and messengers.

This is all what i have for you and i can't convience you that i'm definitely right unless you are looking forward for the truth and only the truth but not by my power or my evidences because we all are human beings and Allah knows best.

Peace be upon you all ... :)
And peace upon you and yours as well!

I read the hadiths above and can only answer that there were no prophets within Islam after Muhammed - there were caliphs and Imams, but not prophets. However, the coming of the Bab and Baha`u'llah was not a prophet arising within Islam, therefore it does not violate the hadiths you recited.

I understand this is a basic difference in our outlook, and I don't intend to change your outlook at all - Allah does indeed know best. I regard you as a brother of faith in Allah, even though we disagree on this point.

Baha`i's and Muslims can survive an open and honest dialogue easily. Yours is open and honest, Time Spender is not.

You have my highest regards, my affections, and my respect,

Scott

Popeyesays

[size=+2]Congress defends Bahai rights in Iran[/size]

Resolution 257 passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on September 19, 2000, "concerning the emancipation of the Iranian Baha'i community".

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Whereas in 1982, 1984, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, and 1996, Congress, by concurrent resolution, declared that it holds the Government of Iran responsible for upholding the rights of all its nationals, including members of the Baha'i Faith, Iran's largest religious minority;

Whereas Congress has deplored the Government of Iran's religious persecution of the Baha'i community in such resolutions and in numerous other appeals, and has condemned Iran's execution of more than 200 Baha'is and the imprisonment of thousands of others solely on account of their religious beliefs;

Whereas in July 1998 a Baha'i , Mr. Ruhollah Rowhani, was executed by hanging in Mashhad after being held in solitary confinement for 9 months on the charge of converting a Muslim woman to the Baha'i Faith, a charge the woman herself refuted;

Whereas 2 Baha'is remain on death row in Iran, 2 on charges on apostasy, and 10 others are serving prison terms on charges arising solely from their religious beliefs or activities;

Whereas the Government of Iran continues to deny individual Baha'is access to higher education and government employment and denies recognition and religious rights to the Baha'i community, according to the policy set forth in a confidential Iranian Government document which was revealed by the United Nations Commission on Human Rights in 1993;

Whereas Baha'is have been banned from teaching and studying at Iranian universities since the Islamic Revolution and therefore created the Baha'i Institute of Higher Education, or Baha'i Open University, to provide educational opportunities to Baha'i youth using volunteer faculty and a network of classrooms, libraries, and laboratories in private homes and buildings throughout Iran;

Whereas in September and October 1998, Iranian authorities arrested 36 faculty members of the Open University, 4 of whom have been given prison sentences ranging between 3 to 10 years, even though the law makes no mention of religious instruction within one's own religious community as being an illegal activity;

Whereas Iranian intelligence officers looted classroom equipment, textbooks, computers, and other personal property from 532 Baha'i homes in an attempt to close down the Open University;

Whereas all Baha'i community properties in Iran have been confiscated by the government, and Iranian Baha'is are not permitted to elect their leaders, organize as a community, operate religious schools, or conduct other religious community activities guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;

Whereas on February 22, 1993, the United Nations Commission on Human Rights published a formerly confidential Iranian government document that constitutes a blueprint for the destruction of the Baha'i community and reveals that these repressive actions are the result of a deliberate policy designed and approved by the highest officials of the Government of Iran; and

Whereas in 1998 the United Nations Special Representative for Human Rights, Maurice Copithorne, was denied entry into Iran: Now, therefore, be it Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That Congress --

(1) continues to hold the Government of Iran responsible for upholding the rights of all its nationals, including members of the Baha'i community, in a manner consistent with Iran's obligations under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international agreements guaranteeing the civil and political rights of its citizens;

(2) condemns the repressive anti-Baha'i policies and actions of the Government of Iran, including the denial of legal recognition to the Baha'i community and the basic rights to organize, elect its leaders, educate its youth, and conduct the normal activities of a law-abiding religious community;

(3) expresses concern that individual Baha'is continue to suffer from severely repressive and discriminatory government actions, including executions and death sentences, solely on account of their religion;

(4) urges the Government of Iran to permit Baha'i students to attend Iranian universities and Baha'i faculty to teach

at Iranian universities, to return the property confiscated from the Baha'i Open University, to free the imprisoned faculty members of the Open University, and to permit the Open University to continue to function;

(5) urges the Government of Iran to implement fully the conclusions and recommendations on the emancipation of the Iranian Baha'i community made by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Religious Intolerance, Professor Abdelfattah Amor, in his report of March 1996 to the United Nations Commission of Human Rights;

(6) urges the Government of Iran to extend to the Baha'i community the rights guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the international covenants of human rights, including the freedom of thought, conscience, and religion, and equal protection of the law; and

(7) calls upon the President to continue--

(A) to assert the United States Government's concern regarding Iran's violations of the rights of its citizens, including members of the Baha'i community, along with expressions of its concern regarding the Iranian Government's support for international terrorism and its efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction;

(B) to emphasize that the United States regards the human rights practices of the Government of Iran, particularly its treatment of the Baha'i community and other religious minorities, as a significant factor in the development of the United States Government's relations with the Government of Iran;

(C) to emphasize the need for the United Nations Special Representative for Human Rights to be granted permission to enter Iran;

(D) to urge the Government of Iran to emancipate the Baha'i community by granting those rights guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the international covenants on human rights; and

(E) to encourage other governments to continue to appeal to the Government of Iran, and to cooperate with other governments and international organizations, including the United Nations and its agencies, in efforts to protect the religious rights of the Baha'is and other minorities through joint appeals to the Government of Iran and through other appropriate actions.

Popeyesays

I would like to thank those who have responded with support for the fact that the Baha`i Faith is a valid religion, even if you might think it to be mistaken.

Regards,
Scott