• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anger evil/sinful?

Sum1sGruj

Anger is an emotion, which means that it's just normal. If you tell me that you never exprienced anger before, then you're a hypocrite. It's the action that you take when you're angry that could be morally wrong. Abrahamic gods experienced anger and used it to kill people, not only sinners, but also the innocent. I don't see that as morally right.

Of course it wouldn't seem right to an atheist. Atheists believe in man-made morals, which only kills man indirectly, you know, like a gentleman.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Yeah. The Gods can kill whomever they want, for whatever reason. It doesnt even have to be a good reason. Actually, they dont even need a reason, for that matter.

I mean, doesnt "God" still kill people nowadays? You wouldnt understand, you know, cuz you are a mortal.

:facepalm:

PhAA

Grand Master
Of course it wouldn't seem right to an atheist. Atheists believe in man-made morals, which only kills man indirectly, you know, like a gentleman.
So you woukd go kill anyone for no reason if the Pope or someone prophet-like orders it?

Morals are really from the individual, not really a god.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member

It doesn't really help your cause to be insulting instead of debating the argument.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
So you woukd go kill anyone for no reason if the Pope or someone prophet-like orders it?

And then you do the same thing as him..

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I find it rather interesting how some people actually feel the urge to label something in them as 'wrong'. ;)

PhAA

Grand Master
I find it rather interesting how some people actually feel the urge to label something in them as 'wrong'. ;)
lol I'm not labeling it as wrong. It was just a question. Being an agnostic, I prove it as right or wrong. I'm just curious on how people really view their religion.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
lol I'm not labeling it as wrong. It was just a question. Being an agnostic, I prove it as right or wrong. I'm just curious on how people really view their religion.

I know. I wasn't talking about your posts. ;)

horizon_mj1

Can anger ever be a force for good?

When isn't it a force for good?

Is it bad as a rule, but the lesser of two evils in certain circumstances?

I'd just be interested to hear perspectives on this from a variety of different belief systems. It's a matter quite close to my heart, as it's something I find myself struggling with.
Anger is a life psychology (shared), but only granted controllable 100% by humans. Anger can be instantly placed on a person, but it is how that person uses their mind and all other resources to end the situation peaceably. For instance, if woken up by rude means, anger is the first prevalent emotion to surface. Once the anger surfaces, what you do and how you react would be a good way to determine if the anger was "good" or "bad". If woken by a fire and you put it out, this would be good. To hit someone for their actions would be bad. Anger itself is not a force unless we merit energy to it, therefore is impossible to be either good or bad.

Sum1sGruj

Yeah. The Gods can kill whomever they want, for whatever reason. It doesnt even have to be a good reason. Actually, they dont even need a reason, for that matter.

I mean, doesnt "God" still kill people nowadays? You wouldnt understand, you know, cuz you are a mortal.

:facepalm:

The fact that God even let this condition of man continue is enough to show his love for mankind.
We rape, murder, steal, kill, ridicule, and turn our backs on each other. All the things you and millions of other people do on a daily basis is technically just as much evil as these acts.
But I wouldn't expect someone such as you to understand such a concept.

horizon_mj1

The fact that God even let this condition of man continue is enough to show his love for mankind.
We rape, murder, steal, kill, ridicule, and turn our backs on each other. All the things you and millions of other people do on a daily basis is technically just as much evil as these acts.
But I wouldn't expect someone such as you to understand such a concept.
Oh I forgot, that is right, you are the only one that sees that right? Get over it, you do not have to wear a name tag in order to see what is right vs what is wrong. If you honestly think you have grounds to dispute this, I am more that thankful for the insight.;)

Sum1sGruj

Oh I forgot, that is right, you are the only one that sees that right? Get over it, you do not have to wear a name tag in order to see what is right vs what is wrong. If you honestly think you have grounds to dispute this, I am more that thankful for the insight.;)

Well, if you understood it, you wouldn't be so condemning of biblical concepts.

They wouldn't be following Jesus if they did, and therefore it is immoral.
Way to make up a scenario to falsely reflect Christianity.

Man-made morals are so great, you will have a great life so long as you born into wealth and opportunity! Otherwise, prepare to hump legs to get anywhere, or starve to death in some foreign country.
Yay for man-made morals!!!

Last edited:

ZooGirl02

I don't think that anger is necessarily evil. I think it can be used for evil but it can also be used for good. Take Egypt as an example. It was because of the Egyptians angers that they overthrew Mubarak.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I don't think that anger is necessarily evil. I think it can be used for evil but it can also be used for good. Take Egypt as an example. It was because of the Egyptians angers that they overthrew Mubarak.

yes that is good ange (islamically speaking)r. they got angry at an oppressor and rose against him.