• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IRS Admits They Targeted Conservative Groups

tytlyf

Not Religious
Hah! I just knew that Obama's primary apologist would be the first to respond with an empty deflection
of right wing media bias. Nonetheless, even your link had Obama's AG coaching strictly black churches....
In this administration, Dem friendly groups get coached, but others are reproached.
Another phony scandal I assume?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Hah! I just knew that Obama's primary apologist would be the first to respond with an empty deflection of right wing media bias.

The only thing "empty" was what you regurgitated from right wing media. And why the constant invocation of Obama. I thought this was about Holder...?....:sarcastic

Oh yeah...The CBC had little to do with Holder other than him giving a keynote speech

Nonetheless, even your link had Obama's AG coaching strictly black churches....

Where?....Oh, this ought to be good. Holder gave a keynote speech where he focused primarily on the Voting Rights Act. There was NO coaching whatsoever. You and your "source" made the charge so where is the coaching?....It's as if they/you didn't even watch his speech?

In this administration, Dem friendly groups get coached, but others are reproached.

It was the Congressional Black Caucus. There was nothing inappropriate or illegal about the summit. I don't have any problem with officials expressing what the law is and how organizations should conduct themselves under the law. It doesn't matter if it's the CBC or any Tea Party/GOP group. You and your fellow righties are the only ones making a big stink over absolutely nothing here.....:facepalm:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The only thing "empty" was what you regurgitated from right wing media. And why the constant invocation of Obama. I thought this was about Holder...?....:sarcastic
Oh yeah...The CBC had little to do with Holder other than him giving a keynote speech
Oh, the usual leftist line....dis the source as "right wing", & it becomes untrue.

Where?....Oh, this ought to be good.
Didn't you read the article you linked?
Didn't you read the quote from it I provided?

It was the Congressional Black Caucus. There was nothing inappropriate or illegal about the summit. I don't have any problem with officials expressing what the law is and how organizations should conduct themselves under the law. It doesn't matter if it's the CBC or any Tea Party/GOP group. You and your fellow righties are the only ones making a big stink over absolutely nothing here.....:facepalm:
What you miss is that the admin decides to coach churches with a particular racial &
political affiliation. Preferential treatment is always OK when it favors your guy, eh?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Oh, the usual leftist line....dis the source as "right wing", & it becomes untrue.

So you "DO" have evidence that Holder was coaching the CBC at their summit?...I'm still waiting.

He gave a keynote speech about voting rights and he left.

Didn't you read the article you linked?

Didn't you read the quote from it I provided?
It was from CSPAN and there was nothing done unethically or illegal. Talking to groups about the law and providing literature so that everyone is compliant is what you should want these people to be doing. I don't mind law makers doing this at all. But you missed the whole point...The GOP doesn't want the IRS to come and speak at their conventions. They don't want Holder speaking at their summits/conventions....So since conservatives don't want them there does it mean other groups should request their presence?

What you miss is that the admin decides to coach churches with a particular racial &
political affiliation.
It was the Congressional BLACK Caucus and there were more than just black people in the room. Who did you expect these invited guest lecturers to be speaking to?

And did you NOT read what I wrote about G.K. Butterfield? He was at the podium informing everyone there that they should be registering everyone to vote regardless of what party that person will be voting for. He advocated, as many of us do, that everyone should be registered to vote because it is a constitutional right and it doesn't matter who their voting for or what party they're voting with.

Congressman/women have been attending various summits/conferences held by both parties giving them advice and instructing them on the law for a long time now.

Preferential treatment is always OK when it favors your guy, eh?
There was preferential treatment here at all. It happened to be a room of black people...but not all in the room were black and what they were discussing, Voting Rights, and as was said in the conference...that particular subject affected all communities (blacks, latinos, etc...)

So your articles and your claims are baseless.

Last edited:

vibhav123

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

And your point?