• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony of the evolutionary belief

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are describing the weak anthropic principle, if the values were not close to what they are we wouldn't be here. It took you several posts to recognize the triviality of this statement.
As with that this flies over your head.
Oh that explains his false claims of "support" by scientists. I do not think that creationists do this on purpose. It also explains how he gets the argument wrong. In the weak anthropic principle no one is even proposing that the values could be different. The Fine Tuna argument does propose that. That is where the "tuning" comes from. I am sure that you know that. This is more for watchers and maybe @leroy .

Sean Carroll is my favorite example as I linked the video where he agued against the FTA against Low Bar Bill. And yet he and another source that looks as if he made the same mistake said that Sean Carroll supports it.

One more time for the hard of reading:

The weak anthropic principle is not the Fine Tuning Argument.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You are being overly sensitive. When you refuse to learn and yet claim to have been a very good student you can't complain if you get knocked a bit here and there.

Why are you so afraid to learn?
You have shown me that you cannot express when you're wrong. Therefore you are not a good teacher.

YoursTrue

Oh that explains his false claims of "support" by scientists. I do not think that creationists do this on purpose. It also explains how he gets the argument wrong. In the weak anthropic principle no one is even proposing that the values could be different. The Fine Tuna argument does propose that. That is where the "tuning" comes from. I am sure that you know that. This is more for watchers and maybe @leroy .

Sean Carroll is my favorite example as I linked the video where he agued against the FTA against Low Bar Bill. And yet he and another source that looks as if he made the same mistake said that Sean Carroll supports it.

One more time for the hard of reading:

The weak anthropic principle is not the Fine Tuning Argument.
I can only say that the entire embodiment or principle of arguing pro evolution with or without FT becomes insane. Insanity has no real defense or cogent explanation. Nothing personal. So carry on and have fun. And I don't think pro evolutionists will readily agree but that's the way it is. Might as well figure maybe the universe started from nothing, maybe it didn't. Maybe as Dr. Hawking said, that's the way humans see it. Can't be the way squirrels see it. Here's for a few here who go to church, say they believe in God and evolution at the same time...chip chip.

YoursTrue

No, you are taking an argument out of context where you were wrong. Seriously, read your Bible. Especially the part about the Ten Commandments
I was not and am not wrong about sediment carried along by lava. You are bearing once again false witness about me and since you bring the Ten Commandments up, that too applies to you. Figure it out, if you will. After that, I do appreciate Dr. Hawking's last few points before he fell asleep in death, that we see or perceive the start of the universe from... man's viewpoint.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can only say that the entire embodiment or principle of arguing pro evolution with or without FT becomes insane. Insanity has no real defense or cogent explanation. Nothing personal. So carry on and have fun. And I don't think pro evolutionists will readily agree but that's the way it is. Might as well figure maybe the universe started from nothing, maybe it didn't. Maybe as Dr. Hawking said, that's the way humans see it. Can't be the way squirrels see it. Here's for a few here who go to church, say they believe in God and evolution at the same time...chip chip.
I need to remind you that you are in no position to judge since you refuse to learn even the basics of science. You cannot even begin to understand evolution.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was not and am not wrong about sediment carried along by lava. You are bearing once again false witness about me and since you bring the Ten Commandments up, that too applies to you. Figure it out, if you will. After that, I do appreciate Dr. Hawking's last few points before he fell asleep in death, that we see or perceive the start of the universe from... man's viewpoint.
You were grasping at straws. That is a sort of falsehood. Sorry, you cannot deny various dating techniques by using falsehoods.

YoursTrue

You were grasping at straws. That is a sort of falsehood. Sorry, you cannot deny various dating techniques by using falsehoods.
There were no falsehoods. I did not offer any dates. Nevertheless, lava carries sediment, riverbanks overflow, yes, floods happen. And mountains ostensibly can get taller. So let's settle this, if you may. Does lava carry sediment? If you could start there, then perhaps we can have a conversation. But until you do, teacher, there will be no conversation of sorts between you and me. I suggest you humble yourself and see where it goes. Perhaps it will lead to something good. Understandably, if you do not want to talk to me in a reasonably recognizable way, that's fine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There were no falsehoods. I did not offer any dates. Nevertheless, lava carries sediment, riverbanks overflow, yes, floods happen. And mountains ostensibly can get taller. So let's settle this, if you may. Does lava carry sediment? If you could start there, then perhaps we can have a conversation. But until you do, teacher, there will be no conversation of sorts between you and me. I suggest you humble yourself and see where it goes. Perhaps it will lead to something good. Understandably, if you do not want to talk to me in a reasonably recognizable way, that's fine.
Of course there were. They were even explained to you. You repeatedly break the Ninth. That does not mean that you are lying, but you endlessly bear false witness against your neighbor. Abe would have seen though you in a second.

YoursTrue

Of course there were. They were even explained to you. You repeatedly break the Ninth. That does not mean that you are lying, but you endlessly bear false witness against your neighbor. Abe would have seen though you in a second.
By this time, I'm beginning to think that some people will see through you. Meantime, many sources say that lava can move sediment. Would you like the links?

YoursTrue

P.S. @McBell, I was talking to Subduction Zone specifically about movement of earth's surface in certain circumstances. Specifically that lava can move sediment. This became an area of contention.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
P.S. @McBell, I was talking to Subduction Zone specifically about movement of earth's surface in certain circumstances. Specifically that lava can move sediment. This became an area of contention.
Yes, I know.
And you said you can provide links that lava can move sediment.
I replied that I would like to see your links because I am unable to find anything that says lava can move sediment.

McBell

um...
You do understand that the sediment being referred to in that article is Volcaniclastic Sediment, right?

Volcaniclastic sedimentary rocks are the products of volcanic rocks by weathering, transportation, and redeposition and mostly occur near the interaction zone of volcanic cones and lacustrine water bodies or around volcanic islands.​

YoursTrue

um...
You do understand that the sediment being referred to in that article is Volcaniclastic Sediment, right?

Volcaniclastic sedimentary rocks are the products of volcanic rocks by weathering, transportation, and redeposition and mostly occur near the interaction zone of volcanic cones and lacustrine water bodies or around volcanic islands.​
So you are understanding that to mean that lava cannot or does not at times move sediment or affect the surface of what had been on the earth's surface before the lava flow?

McBell

So you are understanding that to mean that lava cannot or does not at times move sediment or affect the surface of what had been on the earth's surface before the lava flow?
I am saying that the article you linked does not state that lava can move sediment.
In other words, it does not support your claim.