• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranians protest death of woman while in custody over hijab.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Hijabs shouldnt be mandatory but a choice. I say this as someone who while they dont wear a hijab veils and covers their hair in public and tends to dress modestly out of choice. And no one should be killed for not wearing one. Also peaceful protest should be allowed.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Any non paywall links?
I want to get excited over people expressing outrage over the morality police, but I can't get far enough to see if it's an outrage over this particular event or more towards the moral cops in general.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Another example of why we should maintain a separation of church and state. Religion and politics are a dangerous mix.

Viker

Häxan
I support protests against brutality and negligence. I can't take "morality police" serious as if they were, somehow magically, real police.

InvestigateTruth

"The theocratic regime in Iran has since 1979 systematically forced women in Iran to dress according to these rules which are used by the regime to control them.

To ensure that women abide by these medieval rules, the Iranian state has the brutal morality police at its disposal. Women who do not follow the hijab rules are persecuted, tortured, and murdered, like Amini, in order to maintain the survival of the regime"

https://www.rudaw.net/english/opinion/20092022