• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iranian woman faces being stoned to death for adultery

301ouncer

so... the crime rate is really that low? or just not reported?

so... blame the victim - I couldn't help myself, I had to kill her - she cheated on me!!!

Sorry, I think women have it better in the US.

Actually it is done both ways male and females,

you serious? hope into my new world/thread.

Kerr

According to that link, It have been 2 years since the last stoning capital punishment in shia iran. Capital punishment is capital punishment. There is no ICECREAM served. You should know that already in your secular socity.
According to another link (wikipedia), nine women where stoned in 2009.

And to be honest, I don´t understand how anyone with a human heart beating in their chest can stand by and watch someone being stoned to death and don´t consider it a horrific crime. If you want to solve a problem you don´t threaten people with death, you find another way that does not lead to people being killed.

In the caliphate only 1 such capital punishment was carried out in 6 centuries.

In the secular system you have indeed pages and pages of on average of days and hours and not centuries of boyfriend/partner/husband committing this samilar type household punishment on their innocent family members.

Pages of pages of men killing their spouses for nothing else but because they indulged in adultress affaris.
If you think this justifies the state to murder them you are wrong. There are many people who considers it wrong to kill their partner because they are cheating... it would be murder. Murder is wrong, even when the victim has hurt you. Besides, here are more reasonable and moral ways to deal with it.

And I would like to point out that "secular" societies are hardly any worse then "non-secular" ones.

Why should you worry? huh? I mean the only person would worry about this type of punishment is someone who indulges in such adultress behaviour or extra marital affairs.
I worry because I actually care about other humans.

We are not all like this.:rolleyes:
I don´t cheat or think people should cheat. But the idea of executing someone for it... I don´t know, it is just wrong.

.lava

Veteran Member
Why should you worry? huh? I mean the only person would worry about this type of punishment is someone who indulges in such adultress behaviour or extra marital affairs.

or a young beautiful girl who refuses to marry an old guy and gets slandered by his four friends .. or a woman who's husband wants to get rid of her .. :rolleyes: we should all worry. because with this kind of cruelty is not only lives of people that's ending, we are all losing dignity. nothing nice about being ashamed of being human. lately i hear many people feel and say this. people think human deserves to be eliminated and wiped off from the surface of this planet for the brutal killings "human" performs

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
According to that link, It have been 2 years since the last stoning capital punishment in shia iran. Capital punishment is capital punishment. There is no ICECREAM served. You should know that already in your secular socity.

In the caliphate only 1 such capital punishment was carried out in 6 centuries.

Of course, that makes it all better now, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Stoning is cruel and barbaric. Capital punishment for adultery is cruel and barbaric. Put the two together and you have something that is really.......take a guess......cruel and barbaric.

In the secular system you have indeed pages and pages of on average of days and hours and not centuries of boyfriend/partner/husband committing this samilar type household punishment on their innocent family members.

Pages of pages of men killing their spouses for nothing else but because they indulged in adultress affaris.

Yeah. I hate it too. The answer isn't to transfer the threat from the husband/father/boyfriend to the government. The answer is to remove the threat altogether. Stop this horrifying practice from each and every corner of the Earth of torturing and killing women after they are charged with committing adultery. Whether it is real or imagined, whether she is guilty of it or is slandered, and whether she is remorseful or not. Just stop it.

I worry because 1) People can be easily targeted for slander and can be unjustly accused of committing such a crime, and 2) men in these cultures tend to be given a "pass" because they could easily marry another woman for a night, call it legal, then divorce her the next morning, thereby demonstrating one example of the ridiculous double standard. Men can marry more than one woman. Women can't. Think about the dilemmas this alone creates when you disallow one gender by law a right.

We are not all like this.:rolleyes:

No, you're not. But you bet I'm not going to keep my mouth shut until women don't have to suffer at the hands of hostile misogyny. Keep rolling your eyes. That sure shows your compassion.

As long as a culture supports stoning a woman to death for adultery, women in that culture are far from being safe. I suggest, 301, that you stop focusing on how you think "secularism" only produces drunk women hiking up their mini-skirts for you to drool over and tempting you into sinful thought, and focus instead on the unrestrained savagery of capital punishment (STONING, no less) for adultery.

This woman should be left alone.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, that makes it all better now, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Stoning is cruel and barbaric. Capital punishment for adultery is cruel and barbaric. Put the two together and you have something that is really.......take a guess......cruel and barbaric.

Yeah. I hate it too. The answer isn't to transfer the threat from the husband/father/boyfriend to the government. The answer is to remove the threat altogether. Stop this horrifying practice from each and every corner of the Earth of torturing and killing women after they are charged with committing adultery. Whether it is real or imagined, whether she is guilty of it or is slandered, and whether she is remorseful or not. Just stop it.

I worry because 1) People can be easily targeted for slander and can be unjustly accused of committing such a crime, and 2) men in these cultures tend to be given a "pass" because they could easily marry another woman for a night, call it legal, then divorce her the next morning, thereby demonstrating one example of the ridiculous double standard. Men can marry more than one woman. Women can't. Think about the dilemmas this alone creates when you disallow one gender by law a right.

No, you're not. But you bet I'm not going to keep my mouth shut until women don't have to suffer at the hands of hostile misogyny. Keep rolling your eyes. That sure shows your compassion.

As long as a culture supports stoning a woman to death for adultery, women in that culture are far from being safe. I suggest, 301, that you stop focusing on how you think "secularism" only produces drunk women hiking up their mini-skirts for you to drool over and tempting you into sinful thought, and focus instead on the unrestrained savagery of capital punishment (STONING, no less) for adultery.

This woman should be left alone.

i couldn't have said it better myself.
adultery is disgusting, and if she's indeed guilty of it, her life on earth is already ruined for life. i wonder what the fate is for the men she supposedly hooked up with (and killed her husband)? maybe i missed it, but i didn't see their punishment published.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don´t cheat or think people should cheat. But the idea of executing someone for it... I don´t know, it is just wrong.

Not only is it so obviously wrong, its despicable. That punishment is equivalent to the punishment of a murderer. Thats ridiculous.

As for "stoning", What is a murderer's punishment in Islam? Instant death, thats why i guess the beheading part because back then that was the only way to insure a quick painless death.

And somehow, when it comes to adulterers, the punishment is that a group of morons launch rocks at them, and you bleed and bleed and suffer and take some pretty long time in this humiliation and pain until you die. I can't believe how some people can't see whats wrong with that.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
lashing is barbaric too, and is truly the root of the problem here.
she "confessed" while being lashed 99 times! i'd probably say anything to get out of being lashed again.

i wonder what evidence they have anyway.:rolleyes:

stoning is just despicable.

.lava

Veteran Member
lashing is barbaric too, and is truly the root of the problem here.
she "confessed" while being lashed 99 times! i'd probably say anything to get out of being lashed again.

i wonder what evidence they have anyway.:rolleyes:

stoning is just despicable.

i suggest you to read example of it from Qur'an. there you'll see it is not a physical punishment

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
i suggest you to read example of it from Qur'an. there you'll see it is not a physical punishment

what? i'm sorry, what's not a physical punishment? :eek:

do you mean because it's not supposed to cause physical harm? it's humiliating nonetheless, yes?

also, do you think these people executed the lashings per the Shar'iah standards (thus not causing such physical harm)?

Last edited:

301ouncer

According to another link (wikipedia), nine women where stoned in 2009.

And to be honest, I don´t understand how anyone with a human heart beating in their chest can stand by and watch someone being stoned to death and don´t consider it a horrific crime. If you want to solve a problem you don´t threaten people with death, you find another way that does not lead to people being killed.

Nothing is getting solved. It is only getting worse by the day.

If you think this justifies the state to murder them you are wrong. There are many people who considers it wrong to kill their partner because they are cheating... it would be murder. Murder is wrong, even when the victim has hurt you. Besides, here are more reasonable and moral ways to deal with it.

1 capital punishment in 5 to 6 centuries is a feat. where is what you are advocating is 1000's innocent murdered all because they rejected this way of life.

And I would like to point out that "secular" societies are hardly any worse then "non-secular" ones.

Socially worse you can ever imagine. It is becoming the laughing stock of people even in burkina faso.

I worry because I actually care about other humans.

1000's = 1. Indeed you do care about other humans? i wonder why that is?

Maybe you don't cheat as I do not know the full circumstances. But indeed you did publicly disclosed that you were involved in fornication not long ago.

That is probably why you think fornication is as easy as drinking a cub of water and it is really refelecting in your responses.

Last edited:

301ouncer

or a young beautiful girl who refuses to marry an old guy and gets slandered by his four friends .. or a woman who's husband wants to get rid of her .. :rolleyes: we should all worry. because with this kind of cruelty is not only lives of people that's ending, we are all losing dignity. nothing nice about being ashamed of being human. lately i hear many people feel and say this. people think human deserves to be eliminated and wiped off from the surface of this planet for the brutal killings "human" performs

You making it sound as easy as drinking a cup of water. 4 independant witnesses and if there is any doubt of these witnesses then the case is aborted and all the false witnesses get a good lashing.

You will also have DNA evidence too. You making the process of islamic jurisprudence a child's play to suite your point of view maybe?

.lava

Veteran Member
You making it sound as easy as drinking a cup of water. 4 independant witnesses and if there is any doubt of these witnesses then the case is aborted and all the false witnesses get a good lashing.

You will also have DNA evidence too. You making the process of islamic jurisprudence a child's play to suite your point of view maybe?

no, not really. i just happen to know how ego of men works and i also can see that Sharia that's applied in some nations is not really Sharia that's written in Qur'an. women are not slaves of men. this system they run is open to be abused and to cover up real crime. on the other hand stoning has no place in Qur'an at all. there is a difference between sin and crime. Sharia is not there to punish sin. Sharia punishes crime which is sin as well but by its definition it actually damages others. sin that's not a social crime only damages the person himself so it is his business to know

.lava

Veteran Member
what? i'm sorry, what's not a physical punishment? :eek:

do you mean because it's not supposed to cause physical harm? it's humiliating nonetheless, yes?

also, do you think these people executed the lashings per the Shar'iah standards (thus not causing such physical harm)?

oh just responded your PM lol OK, i'll send my PM here for everyone..

yes, it is humiliation. there are details about this issue of course. but it is not suppose to give physical damage to person. that's what i meant by that post. it is written in Qur'an. no, i don't think any nation applies Sharia correctly. there are many wrongs and many injustice going on, specially towards women. they can not even get married with a man they actually love. they are forced to marry men they don't even know or they don't want. incidents happen like that. it is not unexpected if a woman runs back to the person she was in love with. so basically there is something wrong with entire system they run

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
no, not really. i just happen to know how ego of men works and i also can see that Sharia that's applied in some nations is not really Sharia that's written in Qur'an. women are not slaves of men. this system they run is open to be abused and to cover up real crime. on the other hand stoning has no place in Qur'an at all. there is a difference between sin and crime. Sharia is not there to punish sin. Sharia punishes crime which is sin as well but by its definition it actually damages others. sin that's not a social crime only damages the person himself so it is his business to know

excellent answer. :yes:

sorry i pm'ed you and then posted closely following; i thought it would be good to have it cleared up here as well...thanks. :D

Kerr

Nothing is getting solved. It is only getting worse by the day.
You can believe whatever you wish. But it isn´t true. For example, the drinking of the youth have started to decline in my country. I would call that a positive thing.

1 capital punishment in 5 to 6 centuries is a feat. where is what you are advocating is 1000's innocent murdered all because they rejected this way of life.
That is not true.

Socially worse you can ever imagine. It is becoming the laughing stock of people even in burkina faso.
And for that you have yet to provide any valid proof. Only one-sided statistics ripped from context and random links of atrocities, also them ripped out of context.

1000's = 1. Indeed you do care about other humans? i wonder why that is?
Don´t treat humans as numbers and then pretend to care :slap:.

Maybe you don't cheat as I do not know the full circumstances. But indeed you did publicly disclosed that you were involved in fornication not long ago.

That is probably why you think fornication is as easy as drinking a cub of water and it is really refelecting in your responses.
I have only had a sexual relationship with one person and I was in a committed relationship with her. In fact I have never had sex with anyone but her. So no, I have never cheated. And I never will. But that has nothing to do with anything.

Last edited:

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Simple. If you don't then you will end up with this and pages and pages of no end in sight:

BBC News - Armed police seal off town in hunt for Tyneside gunman

Armed police are searching for a man newly released from prison who they believe shot his ex-girlfriend and killed her new partner on Tyneside.
Raoul Moat, from Newcastle, was released from a Durham jail on Thursday having served a sentence for assault.
Police believe the attack, in Scafell, Birtley, Gateshead, at about 0240 BST, was motivated by a "grudge" against the dead man.
A woman remains in a critical condition in hospital.
Northumbria Police have warned people not to approach Moat, saying he could be dangerous.
Police have confirmed that all the people involved in the incident were linked.

He is on still on the loose and on rampage, so I advise you to lock your doors.:yes:

I thought this was already explained to you. No matter what kind of society you have you get psychotic people like this. I think in a society in which everyone is controlled you'll get even worse people.

Viinasu

first let me say:

i don't think that islam is the problem, it's the fact that they are brought up in a dictatorship. you know, as kids they hear their parents talking about how they hate christians, jews, etc. they probably hear gunshots and bombs every night. more than likely, they see violence all over the place, whether in the street or domestic violence at home. and the dictatorship is a theocracy, where they get their power from religion. so, all this violence and crap is done in the name of religion. so whenever a muslim guy over there lashes someone, suicide bombs himself, etc., they'll do what they see others doing in their society and claim that they have divine approval.

but this is NOT because of islam. hell, the nazis justified many of their atrocities with christianity.... and the vast majority of the muslims born and raised in one of these secular countries (you know, second generation or more, no growing up in a dictatorship) aren't like that. it's not because of their religion, it's because of their corrupt government and growing up in terrible circumstances.

but, like most people, i'm a huge believer in a separation of church and state... and sharia law is the complete opposite of this. they have every right to love their culture and religion, but many islamic laws take it too far.

gnostic

The Lost One
The whole Islam can solve the adultery problem by allowing a Muslim woman to have more than 1 husband. A Muslim man can get away with adultery by having more than 1 wife, so why not women have the same benefit as the men?

But the inequality of Islam is that only men can practice polygamy, but not women, strike me as being double standard and more than misogynistic and chauvinistic (patriarchal) society.