• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran-US War heats up

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Donald Trump warns Iran that 'we have targeted 52 Iranian sites' if any Americans are attacked

Iran Unfurls Red Flag of War Over the Holy Dome of Jamkarān Mosque

Earlier today, the authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran raised the Red Flag of Hussein over the Holy Dome of Jamkaran Mosque, in Qom. The raising of the red flag gives a precise signal – it indicates that a major war is to come or is even now underway.

Reports so far indicate that this is the first time Iran has unfurled this flag over the Holy Dome, a flag steeped in religious symbolism relating to Islamic eschatology, the end times, and the specter of total war of epic and religious proportions.

This is not a flag of mourning, or of somber remembrance. It is a flag indicating that Iran is mobilizing its entire society towards a conflict never before seen. Bear in mind that this flag was not unfurled even during the Iran-Iraq war.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The red flag symbolism was not something I was going to say I understood from one site, so I went looking and found this from a few years ago:

What is the purpose of putting a red flag on the dome of Hussain ibn Ali(as)'s shrine?

We all know that Imam Hussain (AS) was unjustly martyred in Muharram and the red flag still being there means we, Shia Muslims, know that the battle has not finished yet and we are waiting for our Imam Mahdi (aj) to come and resume the war against all those who have oppressed ahlulBayt (AS).

It was also an Arab tradition to raise a red flag on the tomb of the one who had been killed unjustly, until his death is revenged.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm sure any Shi'a Muslims on RF know much much more than I do, but from the Britannica:

Al-Ḥusayn ibn ʿAlī, (born January 626, Medina, Arabia [now in Saudi Arabia]—died October 10, 680, Karbalāʾ, Iraq), Shīʿite Muslim hero, grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, and son of ʿAlī (the fourth Islamic caliph) and Fāṭimah, daughter of Muhammad. He is revered by Shīʿite Muslims as the third imam (after ʿAlī and Ḥusayn’s older brother, Ḥasan).
In remembrance of the martyrdom of Ḥusayn, Shīʿite Muslims observe the first 10 days of Muḥarram (the date of the battle according to the Islamic calendar) as days of lamentation. Revenge for Ḥusayn’s death was turned into a rallying cry that helped undermine the Umayyad caliphate and gave impetus to the rise of a powerful Shīʿite movement.

Husayn ibn Ali | Biography, Death, & Significance

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If they do anything, I would think there will be 52 less sites to worry about in Iran.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The U.S. should apologize immediately to Iran and beg forgiveness from the Mohammadeans and pay reparations!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Donald Trump warns Iran that 'we have targeted 52 Iranian sites' if any Americans are attacked

Iran Unfurls Red Flag of War Over the Holy Dome of Jamkarān Mosque

Earlier today, the authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran raised the Red Flag of Hussein over the Holy Dome of Jamkaran Mosque, in Qom. The raising of the red flag gives a precise signal – it indicates that a major war is to come or is even now underway.

Reports so far indicate that this is the first time Iran has unfurled this flag over the Holy Dome, a flag steeped in religious symbolism relating to Islamic eschatology, the end times, and the specter of total war of epic and religious proportions.

This is not a flag of mourning, or of somber remembrance. It is a flag indicating that Iran is mobilizing its entire society towards a conflict never before seen. Bear in mind that this flag was not unfurled even during the Iran-Iraq war.

I'd rather the U.S. military would wage electronic warfare against Iran, that'd effectively render most of the Iranian electronic powered weapons useless, which would save countless lives and inflict minimal collateral damage on the Persians.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meanwhile that stinking pile of garbage is campaigning on patriotism - something he accused Obama of planning. This is no surprise - he'll do anything to try to get re-elected including bogging us down in a war.

Trump campaigns with patriotism after airstrike
But he says....
“We have God on our side.”

How can we lose?
The infidel will be smited.
OK....that was just sarcasm.
Seriously though, I just felt a disturbance in the force.
A thousand Christians just converted to atheism after hearing Trump's exhortation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, after the red flag was raised, I started shivering in my boots. We're all doomed..!
It's easy to dismiss the costs & risks of a war on someone
else's land. But the world is becoming smaller, & we've
already experienced attacks at home. We didn't handle
it well, & our enemies saw this weakness. They'll exploit
it again. Self defense could provoke that. Are you OK with
such a result?

But you sugggest a question....
If they're no threat to us, & loss of foreign lives don't matter,
why should we bother waging war there at all?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
It's easy to dismiss the costs & risks of a war on someone
else's land. But the world is becoming smaller, & we've
already experienced attacks at home. We didn't handle
it well, & our enemies saw this weakness. They'll exploit
it again. Self defense could provoke that. Are you OK with
such a result?

But you sugggest a question....
If they're no threat to us, & loss of foreign lives don't matter,
why should we bother waging war there at all?

Iran might not be a serious threat to us Americans here in North America, but I'd consider Iran now being a clear and present danger to American troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Pakistan, the Persian Gulf, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.

US-forces-by-IRAN-map.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Iran might not be a serious threat to us Americans here in North America, but I'd consider Iran now being a clear and present danger to American troops in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Pakistan, the Persian Gulf, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
Have they killed any Ameristanians?
And if so, were the Ameristanians posing
any threat to Iranians or their interests?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Have they killed any Ameristanians?
And if so, were the Ameristanians posing
any threat to Iranians or their interests?

Lol, that's like saying Roman troops on the frontier of the empire were endangered by the indigenous tribes not under their domain merely existing by them. :rolleyes:

They dont pose a threat there. They come here. Moreso to Europe. As extremists and radicals.

There have been no people in America killed by Iranians, but hundreds of American troops have been killed or maimed by Iranian-made explosive devices in Iraq, also insurgents in Iraq supplied with Iranian weapons have killed or maimed hundreds of American troops.

Iran Is Responsible for More Than 1,000 American Military Deaths Since 9/11

Iran: US Soldiers Killed Number Over 1,000 | [site:name] | National Review

Last edited: