• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran executes woman for self defense

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is an extremely sad case, and the death penalty should be abandoned around the world, including in American States....... yes?

Capital punishment by the state is a primitive form of Barbarism. Any nation that still has it on its books has a long way to go before they can be recognized as a mature society. Outstanding among these is the USA, who by most other measures should have grow out of that stage by now.

Disagree. The death penalty is a wonderful thing. Some "human beings" are simply garbage or monsters..."demons" in human form that the world is better off without. If someone actually tries to argue to me that, for example, psychopathic sadistic torture-killers - of both humans and animals - don't deserve to die, I will laugh myself silly. If you follow true crime like me and have seen some of the most horrific, depraved and quite frankly evil violence and torture inflicted on innocent humans and animals as I have on video and in pictures, I don't see how you can honestly be anti-death penalty. That's just mind-boggling to me. To be honest, I'm drawn to careers in law enforcement and criminal justice just because I want those monsters brought to justice. I'm offended that I share the same planet and species with them.

As for methods of capital punishment, just take 'em "out back" and put a bullet in their head. As much as I'd like to see some of these soulless creatures suffer, it's largely a waste of time. Kill them and be done with it.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Disagree. The death penalty is a wonderful thing. Some "human beings" are simply garbage or monsters..."demons" in human form that the world is better off without. If someone actually tries to argue to me that, for example, psychopathic sadistic torture-killers - of both humans and animals - don't deserve to die, I will laugh myself silly. If you follow true crime like me and have seen some of the most horrific, depraved and quite frankly evil violence and torture inflicted on innocent humans and animals as I have on video and in pictures, I don't see how you can honestly be anti-death penalty. That's just mind-boggling to me.

As for methods of capital punishment, just take 'em "out back" and put a bullet in their head. As much as I'd like to see some of these soulless creatures suffer, it's largely a waste of time. Kill them and be done with it.

The real problem in my opinion is how and why the capital punishment is sentenced and performed, or maybe taken lightly. Human life is the most precious position ever. Capital punishment, if followed, should be extremely controlled, reconsidered, reconsidered again, and reconsidered again and again.

Well this is a different subject anyways, please don't mind me :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The real problem in my opinion is how and why the capital punishment is sentenced and performed, or maybe taken lightly. Human life is the most precious position ever. Capital punishment, if followed, should be extremely controlled, reconsidered, reconsidered again, and reconsidered again and again.

Well this is a different subject anyways, please don't mind me :)

Well, yes - people should get their day in court and get a fair trial. I doubt anyone would say otherwise, except maybe if they're caught in the act or something. Then just kill them on the spot. I really have no compassion for those shoddy imitations of humanity. My compassion is saved for the victims. People talk about the right to life, well I say you lose that right when you violate the rights of others to their life, especially in brutal and extreme manners.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
..., except maybe if they're caught in the act or something. Then just kill them on the spot. I really have no compassion for those shoddy imitations of humanity. My compassion is saved for the victims.
Is that your view of those whom you persistently seem to see as victimizing you?

Wirey

Fartist
Well, yes - people should get their day in court and get a fair trial. I doubt anyone would say otherwise, except maybe if they're caught in the act or something. Then just kill them on the spot. I really have no compassion for those shoddy imitations of humanity. My compassion is saved for the victims. People talk about the right to life, well I say you lose that right when you violate the rights of others to their life, especially in brutal and extreme manners.

Did you just advocate the death penalty for murder, and then advocate extrajudicial killings? That would sound much better in German or Arabic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you just advocate the death penalty for murder, and then advocate extrajudicial killings? That would sound much better in German or Arabic.
Ach du lieber!
Ich will die perplingen mit schwer prejudistein geschmuschen und kerbloowien!

(Please excuse my very very rusty German. I haven't used in decades.)

Last edited:

Knight of Albion

'An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind' ....
Why is it that the irony of killing someone to show that killing is wrong is lost on so many people?

Sees

Dragonslayer
And maybe violence begets yet more violence?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Force and violence is needed now and then, some people get to be more idealistic and romantic about how to deal with such situations because they have others who remove the burden for them.

State run room and board tends to do very little rehabilitation. Most especially for the baddest of the bad. Keeping people locked up in the caged home of misfit toys is a very expensive habit. Their violence continues but you are removed from it - the ones with life sentences already have their life taken but the sensitive, tenderhearted are less upset and offended because it's dragged on and removed from them.

It's the common theme of the dreamy idealist. Nobody wants to have to shovel $h-t, but sometimes people gotta do it.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
And maybe violence begets yet more violence?

I guess it depends on how people understand violence. Violence does indeed breed violence, but maybe if a serious law is adopted telling people to never commit murder or they be punished but only justly with the same crime they committed, would help a little to hold murderers back. Some people may think that having justice (same act, no less no more, in a sophisticated and regulated manner) is not violence.

I'm only thinking lowed. What do you think?

Btw, you're too kind. I like you :)

Last edited:

Knight of Albion

I guess it depends on how people understand violence. Violence does indeed breed violence, but maybe if a serious law is adopted telling people to never commit murder or they be punished but only justly with the same crime they committed, would help a little to hold murderers back. Some people may think that having justice (same act, no less no more, in a sophisticated and regulated manner) is not violence.

I'm only thinking lowed. What do you think?

I can certainly understand your point of view, and that of Sees, and I get that knee jerk reaction that goes with moral outrage, but in the cold light of day ....

They have the death penalty in most of the US states I believe, yet it doesn't seem to stop the day in, day out killing.

There needs to be an effective penal system, that is realism and no-one can argue with that, but executions? Surely our civilisation has taken us past the point of stringing people up? And some of them of course - one of the reasons we ended the death penalty here - might later be proven innocent.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I can certainly understand your point of view, and that of Sees, and I get that knee jerk reaction that goes with moral outrage, but in the cold light of day ....

They have the death penalty in most of the US states I believe, yet it doesn't seem to stop the day in, day out killing.

There needs to be an effective penal system, that is realism and no-one can argue with that, but executions? Surely our civilisation has taken us past the point of stringing people up? And some of them of course - one of the reasons we ended the death penalty here - might later be proven innocent.

No system will ever stop the murders, rape, etc. we only make it so there are less murderers, less rapists and so on - one at a time.

I'd rather have a penal colony on some other planet, ideally. As well as judicial systems where wrongful convictions do not earn good amounts of money for scumbags in suits. :shrug:

A big problem with our huge societies is you have less and less chances of knowing who is a potential violent criminal - yet so many go throughout daily life unprepared to prevent or stop violent crimes, actually doing so proudly. :areyoucra

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

We still have it here in Saudi Arabia, and believe me, rate of murder is very low here although investigation skills and crime prevention is weak here compared to USA. Killing does not necessarily mean execution here btw. The law allows other methods to set the suspect free like asking the family of the victim if they could rest the case. They are the ones ultimately harmed. either financially or psychologically or both.

Kill cases here are dealt with the utmost care and sometimes sentences take years and years to be finalized. No sentence takes place if there is the slightest missing link.

Then again, it could be an accumulation of other factors. You might be the one with the right argument after all, I admit.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Nah, better not to do it outside the law. Those types aren't worth going to jail over. An argument could be made for vigilantism in certain situations, however, such as when the justice system fails.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

To me, the death penalty isn't about a deterrent, it's about justice and honor. There's always going to be murderers and others who abuse other living beings. That's not going to change.