• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Invocations

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Salam,

I thought of creating this thread to post only invocations or as some may call it(supplications, prayers, du'a).
Du'a (invocation) is a kind of worship. May our dear God answer our prayers and guide our ways, amen!

God says:
"When My servants ask about Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every supplicant, when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me, so that they may walk in the right way" Qur'an (2:186).

And aslo says:
“And when My slaves ask you (O Mohammed) concerning Me then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by my knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led to the right path.” (Qur'an 2:186).

The first invocation will be on the following post.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
God! Put light in my heart, and light on my tongue, and light in my ears, and light in my eyes, and light behind me, and light before me. God! Give me light!.”

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
That's a nice thought. I think your signature is as good a one as we could hope for.

"May love, peace and tolerance prevail the world!"

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
michel said:
That's a nice thought. I think your signature is as good a one as we could hope for.

"May love, peace and tolerance prevail the world!"

Thank you Michel!

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"O God, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases."

Amen!

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O God, I seek protection in Your pleasure from Your anger, and I seek protection in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I seek protection in You from You. I cannot count Your praises. You are as You have praised Yourself.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Praise is to God Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return."

"Praise is to Allah Who gave strength to my body and returned my soul to me and permitted me to remember Him. "

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Mishberach Avotaynu Avraham, Yitzchak, v'Yaakov...
May He who blessed our forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob shine His truth and light into our hearts and the hearts of all mankind. May we merit to live in the days in the fulfillment of the words of prophecy, "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore". May He illuminate our hearts and minds to accept our differences and connect with our similiarities, especially in our connection to serve HaShem, HaKadosh Baruch Hu, The Holy One Blessed be He, with all our heart, our soul, and our might.

May we merit to experience the days of the Moshiach and the life of the World to Come.

and let us say,

Amayn

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood.

Amen

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O God! bless the food You provided us and save us from the punishment of the fire. In the name of Allah.

Upon completing the meal

Praise be to Allah, who has fed us this food, and sustained me with it when I was unable to do it powerless.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O God, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others , or I am misguided by others , lest I cause others to err or I am caused to err , lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
"Oh Allah, Guide me with those whom You have guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength, and take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care, and Bless me in what You have given me"

Ameen!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I thought this rather all encompassing:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Santipatha: Vedic[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] Prayer for World Peace

[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May each and every person strive to achieve inner harmony - essential memory of the heart that safeguards human compassion.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you remember the Profound Prayer of Peace resounded by the Rishis from timeless beginning for the noble benefit of all species.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you inculcate the spirit of love, compassion, and nurturance for all live, and [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]may your awareness for all live -- humans, animals, trees, earth, space, air, water, fire, and, indeed, every speck of sand -- grow in quantum leaps.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you shift your consciousness to generate reverence for all life.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you never participate in or contribute to the pain of another person or species.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you encourage others to desist partaking in the killing and eating of the animals. As long as humans kill, there can be no peace.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Swasti prajabhyah paripalayantam
Nyayena margena mahim mahisah
Gobrahmanebhyah subhamastu nityam
Lokasamasta sukhino bhavantu
Kale varsatu parjanyah prthivi sasyasalini
Deso yam ksobarahitah brahmanah santu nirbhayah
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti "
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May everyone be prosperous. May the peacemakers righteously rule the Earth. Let the animals and people of wisdom be protected at all times. May all be happy. May the rains come at the proper time. May the Earth produce grains. May the world be free from famine. May the people of contemplation have no cause for fear. [/FONT]​
om.gif

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
michel said:
I thought this rather all encompassing:

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Santipatha: Vedic[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] Prayer for World Peace[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May each and every person strive to achieve inner harmony - essential memory of the heart that safeguards human compassion. [/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you remember the Profound Prayer of Peace resounded by the Rishis from timeless beginning for the noble benefit of all species.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you inculcate the spirit of love, compassion, and nurturance for all live, and [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]may your awareness for all live -- humans, animals, trees, earth, space, air, water, fire, and, indeed, every speck of sand -- grow in quantum leaps.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you shift your consciousness to generate reverence for all life.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you never participate in or contribute to the pain of another person or species.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May you encourage others to desist partaking in the killing and eating of the animals. As long as humans kill, there can be no peace.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Swasti prajabhyah paripalayantam[/FONT]​

Nyayena margena mahim mahisah
Gobrahmanebhyah subhamastu nityam
Lokasamasta sukhino bhavantu
Kale varsatu parjanyah prthivi sasyasalini
Deso yam ksobarahitah brahmanah santu nirbhayah
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti "
[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]May everyone be prosperous. May the peacemakers righteously rule the Earth. Let the animals and people of wisdom be protected at all times. May all be happy. May the rains come at the proper time. May the Earth produce grains. May the world be free from famine. May the people of contemplation have no cause for fear. [/FONT]

om.gif

Lovely prayer Michel :)

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
O Allah! You are Peace, and All Peace is from You; and all Peace returns to You. Grant us to live with the salutation of peace, and lead us to Your abode of Peace. You are blessed, our Lord, and Exalted, O Owner of Magnificence and Honor!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
UNITY PEACE PRAYER
Spirit of God,
We long to mend the broken circle
To heal the fractures in the world around us
And within our own souls
To learn from one another
The ways of being fully alive
Spirit of God
We long to see as reality
A world pulsing with justice and truth;
A society where everyone sits down
At the great Banquet Table and eats until filled. Spirit of God
We recommit ourselves
To building the Beloved Community
As brothers and sisters working together :162:​

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
We have entered a new day and with it all dominion is God's. Praise is to Allah. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. To Allah belongs the dominion, and to Him is the praise and He is Able to do all things. My Lord, I ask You for the goodness of this day and of the days that come after it, and I seek refuge in You from the evil of this day and of the days that come after it. My Lord, I seek refuge in You from laziness and helpless old age. My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of Hell-fire , and from the punishment of the grave.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Love Song of Religious Unity
http://1stholistic.com/Prayer/A2004/hol_the-love-of-religious-unity.htm

This song calling for religious unity is very powerful and evokes strong emotions to its readers. It is a shame that religious strife, all over the world, has become a never-ending curse, ushering needless misery and sadness.

This song about religious unity has been originally written in Hindi, a language of India. We will provide the English phonetic version of the poem and its translation. Please read and meditate. It is extremely powerful. Our thanks to Daljit (Dave) Singh for providing the poem and its translation.
(please see link for the song in Hindi)

You'll neither be a Muslim nor a Hindu
You're an offspring of a human, you'll become a human

It's better that you don't have a name yet
And you have nothing to do with any religion

The so-called wisdom that has divided the humanity
You don't carry the blame of that wisdom

You'll become the stamp of the changing times

You'll neither be a Muslim nor a Hindu

The Lord made us all humans