• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Investigating Universal Sufism

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Universal Sufism is new to me and I intend investigating it further

The thoughts below appeal greatly and my first impression is that they express concisely pretty much where I'm at.
Hazrat Inayat Khan set forth ten thoughts, which form the basic creed of Universal Sufism:
  • There is one God the Eternal, the Only Being, None exists save God
  • There is one master the Guiding Spirit of all souls, who constantly leads all followers toward the Light.
  • There is one Holy Book the sacred manuscript of nature, the only scripture that can enlighten the reader.
  • There is one Religion the unswerving progress in the right direction, toward the Ideal, which fulfills the life's purpose of every soul
  • There is one Law, the Law of Reciprocity, which can be observed by a selfless conscience together with a sense of awakened justice
  • There is one Family, the human family, which unites the children of Earth indiscriminately in the parenthood of God
  • There is one Moral Principle the love which springs forth from a willing heart, surrendered in service to God and humanity, and which blooms in deeds of beneficence
  • There is one Object of Praise, the beauty which uplifts the heart of its worshipper through all aspects, from the seen to the unseen
  • There is one Truth the true knowledge of our being, within and without, which is the essence of Wisdom
  • There is one Path the effacement of the limited self in the unlimited, which raises the mortal to immortality, in which resides all Perfection

If anyone has investigatged this path, has knowledge of it or has any information/links/advice/thoughts to offer regarding Universal Sufism I would appreciate it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I don't know what it's like elsewhere but when I went looking here I got the impression it was all about paying for consultations.
I was quite disappointed.
Can you tell me a little more? I read Thinking Like the Universe: The Sufi Path of Awakening by Pir Villayat Inayat Khan and as a lover of Sufi poetry I was naturally attracted to look into a universal Sufi movement.