• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introducing: A Philosopher Knight

Chevalier Violet

Hi Everybody,

I am the Purple Knight. I've been posting on other forums about religious issues. I'm used to people being very accepting and nice about my crazy beliefs, so I'm really hoping I will find more of the same here.

I would call myself an epistemologist of religion, as that is my main interest. What is religious truth, how do we find it, and how do or should we settle on a religious belief.

I am having a really tough time finding answers to these questions in my own life.

I don't really like receiving advice, but I LOVE to hear other people's experiences. In fact, there are few things I love more than to hear about someone else gripping with the same dark void that I see before me.

Anywho, apparently I'm a pretty interesting fellow in my own right. I don't feel particularly interesting, but the more I talk to people, the more I realize that my life has been rather unusual. I've lived in the States, Canada, and France, I speak French, I play piano, I sing, I've worked as both professionally, and as a piano teacher, and professional arranger. I was a history major in college with a huge interest in philosophy and science. I think I'm best at dabbling.

I mix studying religion with... who can guess it... learning how to pick up women. lol, yeah, I feel like I should be calling this Chinese girl I met right now, but I'm feeling kinda lazy.

So that's me. I'm a big fan of humility, and I just feel so disappointed with most religious discussions which totally lack humility.

Ok, thanks for reading everybody,

The Purple Knight

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome Purple Knight
icon14.gif

wicca_woman

831...J&J
welcome welcome welcome ! there are some really interesting people here at RF...and some even more interesting conversations...hope you have a great time here

Chevalier Violet

Welcome, I pray that you find the truth in Christ.

Welcome to you. I pray that you find the truth in Zeus. Seriously.

I pray I find the truth in Christ too.

welcome welcome welcome ! there are some really interesting people here at RF...and some even more interesting conversations...hope you have a great time here

You seem to be one. I hope I can find some expressive philosophers. I haven't met many in my life.

Namaste and welcome! I hope you find what you're looking for with us! :hug:

What does Namaste mean?

Interesting topic! Welcome to the forums.

Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on some of my posts.

Welcome to the Forums and Enjoy.

Thanks, I love Bettie Boop.

Welcome Purple Knight.

May you rise above the Red Doodlebug.:yes:

Who?

Thanks.

welcome to the forum :)

Thanks man, peace,

The Purple Knight

A

angellous_evangellous

Not many folks around here know this, but I am the Green Knight.

It will be an honor to meet you in battle.:knight:

CRB

Sounds like you and I might enjoy some good philosophical discussions. I recently did a modest-length paper on RO. PT may be my direction for the future.

CRB

Since you're strong in philosophy, "RO" is Radical Orthodoxy, a product of the Cambridge Platonists (Ward, Milbank, Pickstock) and James K A Smith in the US. "PT" is Philosophical Theology, a contruct for building theology.