• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introducing a new signature ...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FeathersinHair said:
I like it, Jay!

I'm not sure if I've ever seen people try to critisize MLK's words before... Maybe the purpose of the quote is its meaning? Maybe it's just me, but I think trying to edit a quote by such a person myself would be to suggest that I knew better than they. (And I don't.)

no, i suspect a great man like MLK jr. would take on the challenges to his quotes and either propperly justify it, or change it. since we can't ask him directly, other great men should try to propperly justify it, or edit it.

Dyslexia, to the best of my understanding, is not to do with intelligence at all, rather, it is to do with the ability to interprit what one knows and present it in a coherent way. i am dyslexic, i am intelligent, i can read and understand some complex texts, i simply struggle to present my intelligence in certain ways.

evidence to support this would be that most dyslexic people have lower reading and writting abilities, but great verbal reasoning skills - dyslexia does not affect intelligence

but having said that, i don't know if intelligence is inate or not... i don't think it is, i think it is learnt

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Jayhawker Soule said:
There is nothing in all the world more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity ... You have a moral responsibility to be intelligent. - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Simply outstanding!
A wonderful quote Jayhawker Soule.

If I had to reword it, it would only be slightly. I would change the ending to read,
"You have a moral responsibility to ACT intelligently" OR "You have a moral responsibility to act in an intelligent manner, befitting of the human being, you are."

Then again, it's not like anyone is ever going ask me to do their speech writing.

BUT... I like it as it stands, Jay. Who am I to change this man's words.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
YmirGF said:
Then again, it's not like anyone is ever going ask me to do their speech writing.
In my opinion, to the extent that intelligence is acquired, and to the extent that the intelligence of each member of society informs the social contract, we have a responsibility to be intelligence.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sunstone said:
BTW, you misspelled intelligence in your sig.

I'm reminded of the Emory Wheel, which once sported a headline reading: Ignorence is Dangerous.

But back to the OP: Great sig!