• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview with an exorcist

Renji

No, I am not an exorcist. I just put in in the title to catch your attention.:D I'm kinda bored. Interview me.:D

Bob Dixon

>implying
Ahaha, OK!

What kind of music do you listen to?
Catholic Church: Pre- or post-Vatican II?
Are you interested in learning how to conduct an exorcism or...?
Favourite British comedy?

That's it for now.

kepha31

Thios article is indirectly related to the topic, as well as the OP avatar title "The Rite".

NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2011 /Standard Newswire/ -- Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on movie reviews of "The Rite":

Unfailingly, whenever there is a TV show or movie that touches on subjects like Transubstantiation -- the transformation of bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus -- the Virgin birth, apparitions, the stigmata, even confession, it is the subject of ridicule and insulting commentary. But when it comes to the phenomenon of exorcism, it’s hard to find anyone who mocks it.

Catholic League staffers reviewed over 600 movie reviews of "The Rite" that appeared in mainline media outlets. Aside from a few snotty remarks, the subject of exorcism was given a respectful hearing: none was derisive. The cast of "The Rite" was also respectful: none lambasted the idea that demons could be purged by a trained Roman Catholic priest.

This is good news. Evil exits, and everyone save for a fringe minority, admits it. More important, the belief that the devil can be conquered also exists. That the Catholic Church has a mechanism to deal with it is hardly surprising. After all, it was founded by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
'The Rite' Earns Respect - Standard Newswire

Questions can be submitted to this exorcist who may or may not post the answers:
Catholic St. Michael's Question & Answer Forum

Renji

Ahaha, OK!

What kind of music do you listen to?

Many. Pop, Jazz, pop rock, ballad, love song, some of the classics, especially MJ songs etc. All of the music that you can think a teen could listen to.:D

Catholic Church: Pre- or post-Vatican II?

I don't necessarily believe that there's a difference between the two. I genuinely believe that it is the same Church (pre or post) that Christ instituted on a firm rock (Peter) and that it will last till the end of days.

Are you interested in learning how to conduct an exorcism or...?

A bit, although I know how it goes as a Catholic. And yeah, lay people can't do exorcisms just prayers for deliverance.

Favourite British comedy?

That's it for now.

Not fond of those.

Renji

How did you find out about Jesus?

I was raised in a Catholic family and had my basic and highschool education in a Catholic institution. As I mature, I feel that there is a need for me to know about this "Jesus". I found him through deep understanding of "who he is" through reading the Bible, the teachings of the Church and everyday experience where I think I "meet" Jesus.

Renji

Thios article is indirectly related to the topic, as well as the OP avatar title "The Rite".

NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2011 /Standard Newswire/ -- Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on movie reviews of "The Rite":

Unfailingly, whenever there is a TV show or movie that touches on subjects like Transubstantiation -- the transformation of bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus -- the Virgin birth, apparitions, the stigmata, even confession, it is the subject of ridicule and insulting commentary. But when it comes to the phenomenon of exorcism, it’s hard to find anyone who mocks it.

Catholic League staffers reviewed over 600 movie reviews of "The Rite" that appeared in mainline media outlets. Aside from a few snotty remarks, the subject of exorcism was given a respectful hearing: none was derisive. The cast of "The Rite" was also respectful: none lambasted the idea that demons could be purged by a trained Roman Catholic priest.

This is good news. Evil exits, and everyone save for a fringe minority, admits it. More important, the belief that the devil can be conquered also exists. That the Catholic Church has a mechanism to deal with it is hardly surprising. After all, it was founded by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
'The Rite' Earns Respect - Standard Newswire

Questions can be submitted to this exorcist who may or may not post the answers:
Catholic St. Michael's Question & Answer Forum

One of my fave films, but I prefer reading the book written by Matt Baglio. The film, as I see it somehow depicts what happens during an exorcism (which is less dramatic and less horrific) unlike other exorcism films.

elmarna

So in the faith you follow have you found your deep connection with God?
I would hate to think you are not fufilled!

Renji

So in the faith you follow have you found your deep connection with God?
I would hate to think you are not fufilled!

You know, I sometimes doubt of what I believe in. There's some point where in I ask myself whether God, Heaven, purgatory or hell really exists (as they say, no one is perfect). But, I don't know, I just pray and everything feels fine again, like I found the worth of my beliefs after praying. And yeah, through my faith, I have found this "deep" sense of "belonging" or "connection" to God... That He is my Father and I am His child..

elmarna

In the openess i have found that accepting the spirit of god (re: the positive) i have found a source of inspiration to carry me further & do not seem to have the helplessness that came in the weakness of "feeling lost".
i have a hard time explaining this connection. it is serene and not without a encouragement in a good way.
i do my prayers through meditation. i am not sure if it is a common practice. it is truthfully how i have found myself able to submit & serve to the higher good of all.
how do you support this ?

Renji

In the openess i have found that accepting the spirit of god (re: the positive) i have found a source of inspiration to carry me further & do not seem to have the helplessness that came in the weakness of "feeling lost".
i have a hard time explaining this connection. it is serene and not without a encouragement in a good way.
i do my prayers through meditation. i am not sure if it is a common practice. it is truthfully how i have found myself able to submit & serve to the higher good of all.
how do you support this ?

What kind of supporting statements you necessarily need?

Bismillah

Submit
Have you looked at other religions? From what sources?

Do you think Catholics are often singled out? Do you think the Papacy has acted irresponsibly over some issues?

Any place you'd love to visit?

How many languages do you speak?

Married?

Can you cook?

Renji

Have you looked at other religions?
Yes. I've looked at different religions: Islam, born again christians, church of christ, church of jesus christ in latter day saints, buddhism, hinduism, hare krishna, baptist christians, jw's and orthodox.
From what sources?
TV, internet esp. the forum and being able to talk with their members.
Do you think Catholics are often singled out?
No, primarily because there are billions of catholics around the world so i think there's no reason to feel that.
Do you think the Papacy has acted irresponsibly over some issues?
Nope. I wouldn't believe in the Catholic Church if i think the pope have done such thing.
Any place you'd love to visit?
Perhaps the Vatican City or somewhere in UK.
How many languages do you speak?
Technically, I always use English and Filipino. But being party Korean, I also know (somehow) to speak in Hangugeo. I also have some knowledge in Latin.
Single. In my country, people think that it is too early to get married at the age of 18.
Can you cook?
Yeah, sure.