• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intense Reaction of Anger

AlsoAnima

Friend
I apologize ahead of time for not putting this in the right section, I just joined and this seemed like the most appropriate section to start the topic in.

On to the question, well actually it's not a question so much as an request for help to understand something. Recently I was spending some time with my friends, and we were just relaxing, watching movies, playing video games and other types of recreation.

One of my friends was reading a book about Wicca, a religion I'm only vaguely familiar with. However, when I noticed this I couldn't help but feel an extreme amount of anger, for no reason. It wasn't a unpleasant feeling because I usually consider myself an open minded person.

In any case, I couldn't think of a rational reason for my anger.

Any insight the community could offer would be very appreciated.

Trey of Diamonds

It's called societal conditioning. You have been surrounded with an undercurrent of fear and hatred of pagan religions and you inadvertently picked it up yourself. Sometimes we have to actively will ourselves to move past this kind of conditioning to a place of our own choosing.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It was the Holy Spirit letting you know that your friend was reading an Evil book inspired by Satan. Anger is usually a bad thing, but when it's self-righteous anger regarding religion, don't hold back. When you feel the anger of the Lord running through you, you then become a Warrior of God, and all things you do in his name are holy and righteous. There is only One True God, and Wicca, with all its satanic evil, makes him angry and vengeful. You should have ripped the book from your friend's hands and through it in a fire. If no fire was available, you should have thrown it to the ground and beat it with your fists.

AlsoAnima

Friend
It was the Holy Spirit letting you know that your friend was reading an Evil book inspired by Satan. Anger is usually a bad thing, but when it's self-righteous anger regarding religion, don't hold back. When you feel the anger of the Lord running through you, you then become a Warrior of God, and all things you do in his name are holy and righteous. There is only One True God, and Wicca, with all its satanic evil, makes him angry and vengeful. You should have ripped the book from your friend's hands and through it in a fire. If no fire was available, you should have thrown it to the ground and beat it with your fists.
Any sarcastic display of fundamentalism is indistinguishable from actual fundamentalism without the proper sarcasm tags.

ayani

there may be something to it. Christianity is not be definition an absolutely universalist philosophy. and from a Christian point of view, not all beliefs or practices are spiritually good or edifying.

being respectful and sincerely appreciative of others does not have to equal an appreciation or agreement with what they believe or do religiously. it's been said that the Holy Spirit is akin to a spiritual navigation system. "turn around when possible". "keep straight". "closed road ahead". when those warning signals do go off for a Christian, it's best to listen to them.

themadhair

It's called societal conditioning. You have been surrounded with an undercurrent of fear and hatred of pagan religions and you inadvertently picked it up yourself. Sometimes we have to actively will ourselves to move past this kind of conditioning to a place of our own choosing.
This ^^^

theonetemplar

Were you Baptized? From what I know of Angelology thanks to my time in The Order, when a person is Baptized, they are assigned a Guardian Angel. It could've been that your Guardian Angel saw the evil in that book, (possibly a demon if he is a serious Wiccan) and tried to convey the message to you.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
Were you Baptized? From what I know of Angelology thanks to my time in The Order, when a person is Baptized, they are assigned a Guardian Angel. It could've been that your Guardian Angel saw the evil in that book, (possibly a demon if he is a serious Wiccan) and tried to convey the message to you.

If I'm baptized, and then renounce christianity, do i still have the guardian angel?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend AlsoAnima,

Intense Reaction of Anger

Appreciate that you share your feelings after reading a book.
This is quite normal because human mind knows mostly to REACT. It will only RESPOND when we really have our own say.
Similarly your mind has reacted but you are unconscious about its cause which has to do with the conditioning the mind has gone through in the past.
Response would be, it is just a book and everyone in the world is free to write and express their thoughts; it is upto the reader to accept it or not.
Love & rgds

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I apologize ahead of time for not putting this in the right section, I just joined and this seemed like the most appropriate section to start the topic in.

On to the question, well actually it's not a question so much as an request for help to understand something. Recently I was spending some time with my friends, and we were just relaxing, watching movies, playing video games and other types of recreation.

One of my friends was reading a book about Wicca, a religion I'm only vaguely familiar with. However, when I noticed this I couldn't help but feel an extreme amount of anger, for no reason. It wasn't a unpleasant feeling because I usually consider myself an open minded person.

Any insight the community could offer would be very appreciated.

In any situation where there is a divergence of viewpoint, the instant we feel anger, it is because we have ceased being interested in truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Truth is a pathless land, and for that reason it is seldom realized, for it requires the seeker to listen and learn from all and most are not prepared to do that. Do not presume that Truth is something that can be possessed by any mortal, nor can it ever be possessed and packaged by any worldly religious institutions, for Truth is on the other side of mere conceptual descriptions and states.