• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

INSPIRE. there is no scientific or religious proof it exists.

David T

Premium Member
in·spire
inˈspī(ə)r/
verb
verb: inspire; 3rd person present: inspires; past tense: inspired; past participle: inspired; gerund or present participle: inspiring
  1. 1.
    fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
    "his passion for romantic literature inspired him to begin writing"
    synonyms: stimulate, motivate, encourage, influence, rouse, move, stir, energize, galvanize, incite; More
    animate, fire, excite, spark, inspirit, incentivize, affect
    "the landscape inspired him to write"
    inspirational, encouraging, heartening,uplifting, stirring, rousing, stimulating,electrifying;
    moving, affecting, impassioned, influential
    "inspiring essays"
    • create (a feeling, especially a positive one) in a person.
      "their past record does not inspire confidence"
      synonyms: arouse, awaken, prompt, induce, ignite, trigger, kindle, produce, bring out;
      literaryenkindle
      "Charles inspired awe in her"
    • animate someone with (such a feeling).
      "he inspired his students with a vision of freedom"
    • give rise to.
      "the movie was successful enough to inspire a sequel"
      synonyms: give rise to, lead to, bring about, cause, prompt, spawn, engender;
      literarybeget
      "the film inspired a musical"
  2. 2.
    breathe in (air); inhale.
I see no emperical evidence of inspire to exist!! It's no where in the fossil record there is no partial, it has zero place in contemporary scientific observation at all. On the flip side in religion I see every possible attempt to be totally inspire free! In religion it's dogma doctrine in science it's orthodoxy of collective. If two people argue in a vacuum is there any communication going on?

Inspire, facinating word, applied to a does not exist, spoken into the vacuum of science vs religion, the domain of the uninspired. Apparently that does exist literally while inspire apparently does not.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I see no emperical evidence of inspire to exist!!
Other than the fact that you misspell empirical and feel the need for (at least) one too many exclamation points, there's not much of interest here. The word 'inspire' is a necessarily imperfect term denoting a broad spectrum of emotional responses -- all of which reflect themselves as changes in brain chemistry. The word is not the territory; get over it.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
in·spire
inˈspī(ə)r/
verb
verb: inspire; 3rd person present: inspires; past tense: inspired; past participle: inspired; gerund or present participle: inspiring
  1. 1.
    fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
    synonyms: stimulate, motivate, encourage, influence, rouse, move, stir, energize, galvanize, incite; More
    inspirational, encouraging, heartening,uplifting, stirring, rousing, stimulating,electrifying;
    "inspiring essays"
      synonyms: arouse, awaken, prompt, induce, ignite, trigger, kindle, produce, bring out;
      literaryenkindle
    • give rise to.
      literarybeget
  2. 2.
I see no emperical evidence of inspire to exist!! It's no where in the fossil record there is no partial, it has zero place in contemporary scientific observation at all. On the flip side in religion I see every possible attempt to be totally inspire free! In religion it's dogma doctrine in science it's orthodoxy of collective. If two people argue in a vacuum is there any communication going on?

Inspire, facinating word, applied to a does not exist, spoken into the vacuum of science vs religion, the domain of the uninspired. Apparently that does exist literally while inspire apparently does not.

One could state the same about "love".

Emotions are tethered to brain chemistry and the human body. We can easily and adequately perceive and identify "inspiration" and "love" by facial expression, brain chemistry, and behavioral body patterns. After all, let's say an artist is "inspired" to create a new art piece; are you going to refer to this burst of emotion as "inspiration" or "shyness"?

Last edited:

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Exactly. Apparently we have a disagreement emperically!!! Or agreement emperically? The whole thing seems completely confused.

An edit from above:
Emotions are tethered to brain chemistry and the human body. We can easily and adequately perceive and identify "inspiration" and "love" by facial expression, brain chemistry, and behavioral body patterns. After all, let's say an artist is "inspired" to create a new art piece; are you going to refer to this burst of emotion as "inspiration" or "shyness"?

David T

Premium Member
Other than the fact that you misspell empirical and feel the need for (at least) one too many exclamation points, there's not much of interest here. The word 'inspire' is a necessarily imperfect term denoting a broad spectrum of emotional responses -- all of which reflect themselves as changes in brain chemistry. The word is not the territory; get over it.
First is there such a thing as no brain chemistry action in context to experience? Making a statement "its a brain chemical reaction" is a brain chemical reaction about a brain chemical reation". Since there is no such thing in context to experience that is not a brain chemical reaction, the brain chemical reaction "it's a brain chemical reaction is less than a non starter it's clueless it's recursive. Since no logic structure can be self referential and true you are confused. I believe x to be true therefore x is true because i believe it to be true. Stating the obvious as if it's fact is sophism nonsense. That you for proving Inspire in fact does not exist in some people. Robot.

David T

Premium Member
An edit from above:
Arrrgh brain chemistry again total non starter but not as arrogant as the other post. We can't state emotions are chemical without the statement itself being nothing more than that as well. Is a faux objectivity we create mechanically. Its Like" I am aware of my mind as an external observer of my mind.". If we look at insanity all insane people have exactly this going on in their brains. Our cranium can create an illusion of objectivity separate from itself. Inspire interesting word in context to insane it be. To breathe, every insane person has forgotten to do that.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
First is there such a thing as no brain chemistry action in context to experience? Making a statement "its a brain chemical reaction" is a brain chemical reaction about a brain chemical reation". Since there is no such thing in context to experience that is not a brain chemical reaction, the brain chemical reaction "it's a brain chemical reaction is less than a non starter it's clueless it's recursive. Since no logic structure can be self referential and true you are confused. I believe x to be true therefore x is true because i believe it to be true. Stating the obvious as if it's fact is sophism nonsense. That you for proving Inspire in fact does not exist in some people. Robot.
^ the phrase "word salad" comes to mind ... :D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
in·spire
inˈspī(ə)r/
verb
  1. 1.
    "inspiring essays"
      literaryenkindle
    • give rise to.
      literarybeget
  2. 2.

You don't see it?
Big whoopity doo.

David T

Premium Member
^ the phrase "word salad" comes to mind ... :D
Be a use I just pointed out you bs objectivity as nothing more than and totally reducible to self deluded chemical reaction? Or are you proposing you by some magic invisible, have an objective chemical reaction to others subjective chemical reactions? Please tell how that works a day while we are at it we can discuss the literal resurrection of jesus in scientific terms as well!!! I mean your objective chemical reactions should give clear perspective on that topic.

A Vestigial Mote

That you for proving Inspire in fact does not exist in some people. Robot.

The object or noun you are looking for is "inspiration". When you write things like "inspire does not exist", it sounds pretty goofy. "Inspiration does not exist" is much better.

Which sounds better?
"Your communicate is not effective" OR "Your communication is not effective?"
"The levitate act in that magic show was not real" OR "The levitation act in that magic show was not real?"

If they each read about the same to you then I would probably suggest further schooling of some kind. Or just read a lot more books and pay attention to the phrasing and usage of language. I can assure you that not many writers (unless doing it on purpose for some effect) will be found doing this thing you are doing.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
in·spire
inˈspī(ə)r/
verb
  1. 1.
    "inspiring essays"
      literaryenkindle
    • give rise to.
      literarybeget
  2. 2.

Inspiration is a term describing an action (sometimes passive, sometimes active). I think it would be possible to do a scientific study on inspiration, but I'm not sure what good it would really do, as it is a very inspiration is very subjective. What is inspirational to one, would not be inspirational to another.

It is a term like beauty. It exists, but it changes with perception.

David T

Premium Member
Did I say that? I didn't say that at all!! I am all about breathing. You seem confused.
The object or noun you are looking for is "inspiration". When you write things like "inspire does not exist", it sounds pretty goofy. "Inspiration does not exist" is much better.

Which sounds better?
"Your communicate is not effective" OR "Your communication is not effective?"
"The levitate act in that magic show was not real" OR "The levitation act in that magic show was not real?"

If they each read about the same to you then I would probably suggest further schooling of some kind. Or just read a lot more books and pay attention to the phrasing and usage of language. I can assure you that not many writers (unless doing it on purpose for some effect) will be found doing this thing you are doing.
There was no structural gramme in English
But that (the creation of word salad) is a symptom of schizophrenia....

; }>
Based on your word salad statement virtually all songs and poetry are written by the mentally ill!!!! Apparently if you do not understand it it's not understandable! I simply am mocking self evident statements as being self referential. There is no such thing as an experience or statement independent from brain chemistry. To make the statement it's brain chemistry is a non statement and is clueless and nuts really. I am saying it's self deluding. Any clearer now? In regards to linguistic structuralism I do not care I am not autistic. Websters isn't God, I know it's hard to believe for asperger types but indeed it's just a contrivived book of words about words. It's not universal magic. Omg why asperger get involved in humanities is beyond me!! Can you explain why asperger gets involved in the humanities from a first person account? It seems they are more suited for computer programing, or accounting engineering physics, chemistry math. I would say biology but we know that's not definitely true.

David T

Premium Member
Inspiration is a term describing an action (sometimes passive, sometimes active). I think it would be possible to do a scientific study on inspiration, but I'm not sure what good it would really do, as it is a very inspiration is very subjective. What is inspirational to one, would not be inspirational to another.

It is a term like beauty. It exists, but it changes with perception.
Ahhhhh finally some reasoned clear post on this topic!!!! Thank you. I was going a bit nutty with "inspire is a brain chemical reaction". Then again WTF is my default to such no sense which of course then forces me to write in circles which then gets a I don't get it. Which then gets my reply obviously that's what I just said with my circle drawing. Thanks for your at least clear reply. I may come back in a bit and riff a bit on what you said.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
There was no structural gramme in English

Same in English, please.

Ahhhhh finally some reasoned clear post on this topic!!!! Thank you. I was going a bit nutty with "inspire is a brain chemical reaction". Then again WTF is my default to such no sense which of course then forces me to write in circles which then gets a I don't get it. Which then gets my reply obviously that's what I just said with my circle drawing. Thanks for your at least clear reply. I may come back in a bit and riff a bit on what you said.

Let's make it more interesting: Your entire experience of reality is a chemical reaction in your brain. And i'm thinking your chemicals might not be in balance.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Be a use I just pointed out you bs objectivity as nothing more than and totally reducible to self deluded chemical reaction? Or are you proposing you by some magic invisible, have an objective chemical reaction to others subjective chemical reactions? Please tell how that works a day while we are at it we can discuss the literal resurrection of jesus in scientific terms as well!!! I mean your objective chemical reactions should give clear perspective on that topic.
Yep. (?)