• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incredible, amazing, fabulous

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Because of the second dance being about her life, when the shock happened part way through it caused a national blart fest. Not me, of course.
I actually suspected that this might happen (the silence), along with many others too no doubt, but still very moving and effective, and hence with being such a memorable dance. She may not be the best dancer out of the lot but good enough to win given the support she has - and well deserved too if she does win. I'm no dancer so can't judge. :oops: Poor AJ. :cry:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I actually suspected that this might happen (the silence), along with many others too no doubt, but still very moving and effective, and hence with being such a memorable dance. She may not be the best dancer out of the lot but good enough to win given the support she has - and well deserved too if she does win. I'm no dancer so can't judge. :oops: Poor AJ. :cry:
Yes, poor AJ. And Kai, in his first year. :cry:

kaninchen

The hugely talented (and profoundly deaf) percussionist, Evelyn Glennie, says (words to the effect of) it's all in the vibrations. I suspect that it would work for a dancer as well.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not unexpected though, and even if AJ had been there I suspect Rose would still have won given her popularity apparently. But few will quibble as to Rose and Giovanni winning, especially when she has become such an excellent dancer and inspiration to others. As mentioned by so many, probably one of the most emotional finals ever. :heart: :cry: :trophy:

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Update!

"She doesn’t “feel the vibrations” of the music, as has been claimed, but instead commits each step to muscle memory and counts them out in her head. “If I had to start thinking about vibration, it would distract me.” Also, she points out, there is a big difference in sound between the live band on the night and the recorded music played in rehearsals. Ayling-Ellis can hear some aspects of music, using her phone to Bluetooth it directly to her hearing aids (when, one day, she forgot to bring spare batteries, she and Pernice couldn’t rehearse)."

- Strictly exclusive! Winner Rose Ayling-Ellis on the glitterball, Giovanni and the joy of being deaf