• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In search of examples to show Jeremy Corbyn's Anti-Sematism

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I believe that many Labour MPs were wholly against Mr Corbyn's leadership, and so he has done very well to hold his party together, and even better to gain so many seats in the House.

Mr Cameron has had a less successful political career.

So many politicians claimed that Mr Corbyn would destroy Labour if he would gain leadership. What chumps he has made of them. And now he faces defamation (it seems) in order to accomplish what so many thought would be easy..... his downfall.,

But let's see if any clear evidence can be shown here of his own antiSemitism.

If you associate yourself with Hamas and Hezbolla and call them "friends" who are as anti semitic as you can possibly get then nobody should be surprised about the furor,he's an incompetent leader and left fool just like Ken Livingston and the sooner he goes the better.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you associate yourself with Hamas and Hezbolla and call them "friends" who are as anti semitic as you can possibly get then nobody should be surprised about the furor,he's an incompetent leader and left fool just like Ken Livingston and the sooner he goes the better.

Nothing wrong with being left and most certainly not as foolish as some. But incompetent, oh yes

And i think you are confusing anti Semitic with anti zionist

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That's rather like calling Churchill a 'Red' because he took food with and shook hands with Stalin.

I'm not well acquainted with Mr Corbyn's friendships with Hamas and Hezbollah, but now we seem to be getting somewhere at last on this thread.

Can you be perfectly clear about this..... are you proposing that Mr Corbyn is Anti-Semitic because he is friends with Hamas and Hezbollah? Is that it?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That's rather like calling Churchill a 'Red' because he took food with and shook hands with Stalin.

I'm not well acquainted with Mr Corbyn's friendships with Hamas and Hezbollah, but now we seem to be getting somewhere at last on this thread.

Can you be perfectly clear about this..... are you proposing that Mr Corbyn is Anti-Semitic because he is friends with Hamas and Hezbollah? Is that it?

I'm saying that if you associate and support a known anti semitic organisation you are going to get tarred with the same brush.

Now he called them "friends" and refused to answer straight questions about it,he's been to a hezbollah rally,he supports hamas and he has totally failed to deal with the anti semitisn in the labour party leading to the Jewish labour movement to pass a motion of no confidence in corbyn.

As for Churchill and Stalin,they were necessary allies,are Hamas and hezbollah known terrorist organisations our allies?,I would venture that's a nope.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'm saying that if you associate and support a known anti semitic organisation you are going to get tarred with the same brush.

Now he called them "friends" and refused to answer straight questions about it,he's been to a hezbollah rally,he supports hamas and he has totally failed to deal with the anti semitisn in the labour party leading to the Jewish labour movement to pass a motion of no confidence in corbyn.

As for Churchill and Stalin,they were necessary allies,are Hamas and hezbollah known terrorist organisations our allies?,I would venture that's a nope.
Were the ANC before Mandela's release a terrorist organisation.

Oppressed groups are to some terrorists, to others freedom fighters.

I hated everything violent that the IRA did, but I fully understood and supported their aims, just disapproved of their approach. It is the same with Hezbollah and Hamas

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Were the ANC before Mandela's release a terrorist organisation.

Oppressed groups are to some terrorists, to others freedom fighters.

I hated everything violent that the IRA did, but I fully understood and supported their aims, just disapproved of their approach. It is the same with Hezbollah and Hamas

But that's not how the press or the opposition see it or even some of his party sees it either.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ah ok so it's Israel's fault then,the point is that it's seen as anti semitism,like I said before he is easy meat.

I do not see Palestine occupying Israeli land, or preventing humanitarian aid.

You can see it as whatever you want, it makes no difference to the definition of the words or corbyns actions

Your and the other easily persuaded will misrepresent whatever words suite your sensibilities.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Political enemies will chuck tar at anything if it will help them to damage, put down, or further their interests.
I'm after an objective view about this.

Now he called them "friends" and refused to answer straight questions about it,
He later apologised for a clear diplomatic error..... is that correct? Please give an answer.....?
Diplomats seek 'Jaw Jaw before War war'........ just the same as when Churchill courted Stalin, sending him armaments and more.

.......he's been to a hezbollah rally,he supports hamas
Oh, now you've got that wrong.
By your own rules, to befriend one group can automatically oppose its enemies.
Hamas is Sunni Islamic
Hezbollah is Shia Islamic.

and he has totally failed to deal with the anti semitisn in the labour party leading to the Jewish labour movement to pass a motion of no confidence in corbyn.
What AnitSemitism? We seek to discover exactly what AntiSemitism Mr Corbyn has supported, so it's no good you just saying 'He supports....' What does he support?
What exactly did he not put down?

And would you like to caste around for any AntiSemitic Conservatives?

Weak........... Hamas and Hezbollah are opposites within Islam. Mr Corbyn did his best in respect of both.
If Diplomats are going to be tarred by contact with strange countries, then they are very very brave politicians indeed.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Ah ok so it's Israel's fault then,the point is that it's seen as anti semitism,like I said before he is easy meat.
Easy meat for lies and political tarring doesn't make a person anti-Semitist.

Could we have a clear example please?
So far......... nothing, just political Scotch mist.

rosends

I did some reading and the accusations seem to fall into a few discrete categories:
1. association with those who have said anti-semitic things [answer -- guilt by association is useless]
2. statements made about Zionism or Zionists which seem, to some, to cross a line because of the specific meaning of the particular quote, into anti-semitism [answer -- your inference isn't necessarily my implication]
3. decisions made to endorse, support or condone groups or events which are anti-semitic (or murals...) [answer -- I didn't look hard enough...oops]
4. a lack of (subjectively judged) response to the anti-semitism of others which shows no sincere wish to remove anti-semitism [answer -- I took the steps I thought necessary]

then the question is do we assume that these are all a scattershot attempt to throw whatever is around and hope that something sticks in the court of public opinion, or is this a case of "where there is smoke, there is fire"?

I still don't know. I worry about things in the US a little bit more. They are no more clear, but at least I speak the language.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I do not see Palestine occupying Israeli land, or preventing humanitarian aid.

You can see it as whatever you want, it makes no difference to the definition of the words or corbyns actions

Your and the other easily persuaded will misrepresent whatever words suite your sensibilities.

It doesn't matter how I see it but it really does matter how the people who vote do and so far he looks about as incompetent a leader as you could get.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Political enemies will chuck tar at anything if it will help them to damage, put down, or further their interests.
I'm after an objective view about this.

He later apologised for a clear diplomatic error..... is that correct? Please give an answer.....?
Diplomats seek 'Jaw Jaw before War war'........ just the same as when Churchill courted Stalin, sending him armaments and more.

Oh, now you've got that wrong.
By your own rules, to befriend one group can automatically oppose its enemies.
Hamas is Sunni Islamic
Hezbollah is Shia Islamic.

What AnitSemitism? We seek to discover exactly what AntiSemitism Mr Corbyn has supported, so it's no good you just saying 'He supports....' What does he support?
What exactly did he not put down?

And would you like to caste around for any AntiSemitic Conservatives?

Weak........... Hamas and Hezbollah are opposites within Islam. Mr Corbyn did his best in respect of both.
If Diplomats are going to be tarred by contact with strange countries, then they are very very brave politicians indeed.

No I'm right,unlikely as it may seem hezbollah and Hamas have been allies,they both have the same goal which is the destruction of Israel.

The point is that the tar has stuck and has caused divides within his own party,whether or not he's guilty in the eyes of the public will decide his fate.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yes brexit showed how lies influence some voters.

His poor leadership is not the question here

It totally is,the butt stops with him,he's the leader of the party,he should be able to deal with accusations of anti semitism in the labour party easily if they are false.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It totally is,the butt stops with him,he's the leader of the party,he should be able to deal with accusations of anti semitism in the labour party easily if they are false.

He is dealing with it within the party, but the back biting of the press wont let go. The lies continue.;

ChristineM

Premium Member

Also i suggest you re read the OP. If you want to discuss corbys competence as a political leader then start a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.

If you know of any evidence to show corbyn is anti Semitic then present it