• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In search of examples to show Jeremy Corbyn's Anti-Sematism

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
UK Politics. In search of examples to show Jeremy Corbyn's Antisematism

For years I have heard and read about Mr Corbyn's anti-Sematism, but I cannot remember seeing clear examples of this. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?

And so, for any who consider Mr Corbyn to be an anti-Sematist, here is your chance to offer clear and (hopefully) accurate evidence for my further education?

I once wrote a post on RF, proposing that Gay, Transgender, Masonic, JW, Gypsy, Black, and a few million East European Holocaust victims could be recognised with and beside the millions of Jewish victims, and one member wrote to suggest that my proposal was anti-Semitic. Is this the kind of thing that is causing Mr Corbyn to be accused?

Please could any examples be accurate. Thankyou.

rosends

For years I have heard and read about Mr Corbyn's anti-Sematism, but I cannot remember seeing clear examples of this. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?

And so, for any who consider Mr Corbyn to be an anti-Sematist, here is your chance to offer clear and (hopefully) accurate evidence for my further education?

I once wrote a post on RF, proposing that Gay, Transgender, Masonic, JW, Gypsy, Black, and a few million East European Holocaust victims could be recognised with and beside the millions of Jewish victims, and one member wrote to suggest that my proposal was anti-Semitic. Is this the kind of thing that is causing Mr Corbyn to be accused?

I don't follow English politics but most of the headlines I have seen say that Corbyn claims he isn't an anti-semite but he has done very little to address the anti-semitism within his own political party and his lack of action signals his attitude. But again, that's what I glean as an ignorant outsider.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't follow English politics but most of the headlines I have seen say that Corbyn claims he isn't an anti-semite but he has done very little to address the anti-semitism within his own political party and his lack of action signals his attitude. But again, that's what I glean as an ignorant outsider.

Your not ignorant,an outside eye sees more I'm.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Than you for your post.
I understand that you are an outsider.
Labour members have been disciplined for bad comments since Mr Corbyn has held leadership of Labour.
I do hope that some members can offer clear evidence of any claims, because that would provide some foundation.
The trouble is that political opponents can sometimes chuck almost anything if it will help them and their own agenda.
:)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Here is the bbc take on the anti-Semitism accusations.

A guide to Labour anti-Semitism claims

Remember the BBC has always shown a bias against Corbyn but this article seems quite accurate

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

It's a fair question but he is an easy prey for the press and criticism,doesn't stand up at all to big questions which is a shame for British politics in general,look at it today in all it's glory,it's embarrassing.

As for Jeremy,associate yourself with known trotskyists,Hamas, Hezbollah and venezuela and apologise or condone do you really need examples?.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's a fair question but he is an easy prey for the press and criticism,doesn't stand up at all to big questions which is a shame for British politics in general,look at it today in all it's glory,it's embarrassing.

As for Jeremy,associate yourself with known trotskyists,Hamas, Hezbollah and venezuela and apologise or condone do you really need examples?.

There is a considerable difference between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism.

I have sympathy for the troubles in Palestine but have several Jewish close friends.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its all about anti zionism, not anti semitism, a lot of real Jews are anti zionists, I would hardly consider them anti semitic!!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Yes.
Firm examples please.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Its all about anti zionism, not anti semitism, a lot of real Jews are anti zionists, I would hardly consider them anti semitic!!
Ah!
Thanks for that.
Let's give it time for lots of replies.
Who knows..... somebody might come up with something solid?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Thank you for the link.
Support for one people does not automatically prove enmity for another, and so there is nothing there. The UN would be heavily accused on such a basis.

So....... not much there, really.

Precisely.

Much hot air and political bull.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Conservative Councillor Jacqui Harris of Stratford on Avon has been expelled or suspended for agreeing that the AntiSemtism accusations upon Mr Corbyn are a False Flag.

Interesting ........

But let's see what comes up.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I have often wondered.
Hence this thread.
The trouble is, that when enough muck gets chucked..........

Politics is always chucking mud.

And yes some sticks, .Thats the idea, it doesnt have to be true to discredit in the eyes of the faithful

Erebus

This, in my opinion, is probably the most valid criticism to level at him in regards to antisemitism. Now I don't believe that Corbyn is anti-semitic himself but I do feel he needs to take a hard stance whenever it shows in his party. Disciplining a politician doesn't cut it, they need to be out of the party immediately. There's enough bigotry in UK politics as it is.

Beyond that, it's very difficult to sift valid criticisms from the relentless assault on his character by much of the UK media. Between the exaggerations, deception and outright lies, it's not at all surprising that many of his supporters now automatically assume a negative story about him is probably false. Now, I count myself among his supporters but I see this as a very bad situation. The negative press has pushed a good chunk of his voter base into something resembling hero worship. In my opinion, no politician should ever be the subject of hero worship.

rosends

Than you for your post.
I understand that you are an outsider.
Labour members have been disciplined for bad comments since Mr Corbyn has held leadership of Labour.
I do hope that some members can offer clear evidence of any claims, because that would provide some foundation.
The trouble is that political opponents can sometimes chuck almost anything if it will help them and their own agenda.
:)
I read this as a summary. It has links to other stories but I didn't follow them. It seems to cover the basics -- the accusations, the implications of friendships, the Israel/Jew distinctions and some other stuff.
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/3/8/...ty-anti-semitism-jeremy-corbyn-juliana-berger