• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In search of eco friendly clothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unfortunately i will have to spend some money to buy only eco friendly clothes yes. I want to give away all my current clothing and buy hemp or linnen clothing only. But i know i need some more research first :)
There's nothing more eco friendly than clothing one
already owns. But I can see what you're after.
I really like linen. Rayon is natural too.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unfortunately i will have to spend some money to buy only eco friendly clothes yes. I want to give away all my current clothing and buy hemp or linnen clothing only. But i know i need some more research first :)

You're not buying it on Esty, are you? Expensive.

Heyo

Veteran Member
In my spiritual transformation prosess i am looking for somewhere to buy eco friendly clothing. Or clothing that suit a minimalistic lifestyle. But it seems like i get stuck :p any good ideas?
I been looking in to clothing made of hemp, but i dont know if it is good quality?

I do believe i am getting my life toward what i been searching for all this years, but still i have a good part of my life that have to be changed :)
Best clothes I have are for my hobby, medieval living history. Hemp, linen, wool and leather. Comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer. But I had to tailor everything myself, hand stitched, of course.
Clothing hasn't gotten better since that time, only much cheaper.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Best clothes I have are for my hobby, medieval living history. Hemp, linen, wool and leather. Comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer. But I had to tailor everything myself, hand stitched, of course.
Clothing hasn't gotten better since that time, only much cheaper.
If i was able to make my own clothes that would be very good :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
If i was able to make my own clothes that would be very good :)
It isn't that hard, only time consuming (and you can save time by using a sewing machine which my concern to detail doesn't allow me). But modern clothing is so cheap that it isn't worth most peoples time. A trouser, made by children in Bangladesh costs €10. I wouldn't get the cloth for that price.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It isn't that hard, only time consuming (and you can save time by using a sewing machine which my concern to detail doesn't allow me). But modern clothing is so cheap that it isn't worth most peoples time. A trouser, made by children in Bangladesh costs €10. I wouldn't get the cloth for that price.
My goal is to not use child worker made clothes or or other products made by childrens. I think of the clothes i have now children may have been producing them, and i dont like that.
Children should be out playing, not working 8-12 hours a day

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I found the clothes also here in Norway:) no need for buying online, unfortunately clothing is expensive here no matter what.
I am also looking for second hand clothes

Yeah. You'd be surprised what second hand clothes you can find. I forgot you weren't in the States. Though, it's probably like that in most places that are market-focused.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
No leather for me :)
I have not heard of the app, but i will check it :)
If no leather, I suggest you research the treatment of animals used in the wool industry. As with meat, it is a global industry looking to maximise profit so welfare of the animal is low on the list of priorities.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If no leather, I suggest you research the treatment of animals used in the wool industry. As with meat, it is a global industry looking to maximise profit so welfare of the animal is low on the list of priorities.
I am looking for clothes that have not harmed animals or humans in produktion.
Linnen
Cotton
Hemp and so on.