• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #7: Nitpicking

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• Very stongly agree.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Strongly agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agree.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Agree somewhat.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Do not agree.

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Today's question is about "nitpicking", which is defined in this context as "to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

Please pick which one of these four options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

How strongly do you agree with the following statement: "My posts are too often or too frequently nitpicked by other members."

OPTION ONE: Very strongly agree.

OPTION TWO: Strongly agree.

OPTION THREE: Agree.

OPTION FOUR: Agree somewhat.

OPTION FIVE: Do not agree.

Daemon Sophic

Not very frequently, but it does happen, usually by defenders of the indefensible in political debates. Rather than taking my post as a whole, they will pull one item out and refute it (often without evidence), then claim victory. :rolleyes::facepalm:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Today's question is about "nitpicking", which is defined in this context as "to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

Please pick which one of these four options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

How strongly do you agree with the following statement: "My posts are often or frequently nitpicked by other members."

All the time. I should be numb to it by now.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I see two kinds of nitpicking -

One is banter, brawling, being honest, etc. If they nitpick me in such a way, I take it as a sign that they stopped worrying about interacting softly with someone like me who has expressed plights. Which I actually like, since normality can be fulfilling. So a step in the right direction.

The other form of nitpicking is people just responding to every message from you in a debate with very little to say, almost like a bunch of "No it's not." posts. I rarely give those people the time of day any more.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I don't mind actual nitpicking. (I rather appreciate it actually.) Strawmanning is another matter altogether, however.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It doesn't happen often, bit when it does its usually petty crap like semantics that doesn't really matter.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

How strongly do you agree with the following statement: "My posts are too often or too frequently nitpicked by other members."

I answered somewhat agree because, Yes there are a few members who go so deep into making me "look wrong" or asking questions then when I answer, they repeat the same question, but from another angle to see if they can squeeze out an answer they are satisfied with. Sometimes it does look like they do not look at what you say until you answer what they "want to hear"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I answered no because while there's occasional nitpicking, typos and spelling errors mostly, I would not call it "too often".

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m not sure how much nitpicking I’ve seen. Most of the distracting behavior that I’ve seen has been heckling, stabbing and jabbing, clowning, off-topic chatting and preaching bloviating, and persistently misrepresenting what a person is saying and diverting attention from it. It isn’t too often for me any more because I’ve learned how to work around it.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

My posts are nitpicked far too rarely. If I'm wrong, I want to know.
If you question had been if I nitpicked other posts too often, well ...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My posts are rarely nitpicked.

Are you quite sure "rarely" is the appropriate word in that context? Would not "infrequently" be a less ambiguous term, given that "rare" might be take by some to indicate "rarely" in the sense of possessing distinction, merit, or appeal?

Asking for a friend.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I’m not sure how much nitpicking I’ve seen. Most of the distracting behavior that I’ve seen has been heckling, stabbing and jabbing, clowning, off-topic chatting and preaching bloviating, and persistently misrepresenting what a person is saying and diverting attention from it. It isn’t too often for me any more because I’ve learned how to work around it.
And then there's the opposite of nitpicking, eg.....
Sam: "The sky is blue."
Pat: "Your type would say that! You only watch XYZ
News. And you're a dumdum who hates puppies!"

But that poll must wait for another questionnaire thread.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
And then there's the opposite of nitpicking, eg.....
Sam: "The sky is blue."
Pat: "Your type would say that! You only watch XYZ
News. And you're a dumdum who hates puppies!"

But that poll must wait for another questionnaire thread.
Agreed. Insults, personal attacks and stereotyping. I was saving those for later.