• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #7: Nitpicking

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• Very stongly agree.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Strongly agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agree.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Agree somewhat.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Do not agree.

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Are you quite sure "rarely" is the appropriate word in that context? Would not "infrequently" be a less ambiguous term, given that "rare" might be take by some to indicate "rarely" in the sense of possessing distinction, merit, or appeal?

Asking for a friend.
Apparently at least one person nitpicks my post. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Today's question is about "nitpicking", which is defined in this context as "to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details."

Please pick which one of these four options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

How strongly do you agree with the following statement: "My posts are too often or too frequently nitpicked by other members."

OPTION ONE: Very strongly agree.

OPTION TWO: Strongly agree.

OPTION THREE: Agree.

OPTION FOUR: Agree somewhat.

OPTION FIVE: Do not agree.

It happens, not often but enough to vote somewhat agree

And to nitpick, I didn't see an option for lamb korai.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I said 'do not agree', since the OP asked if I felt my threads were nitpicked.
If it was more generally 'do people nitpick' then I would probably say yes, to some degree. Certain topic areas seem to attract this more than others, I think.

Just to show I'm not toxically positive...if you want to start a thread asking me if members laugh enough at my hilarious posts, I would have to vote in the negative. I struggle to know if it's because my humour is so advanced it transcends mere humans, or if it's due to them being too intimidated by my good looks and gravitas, resulting in them missing the punch line.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If it was more generally 'do people nitpick' then I would probably say yes, to some degree. Certain topic areas seem to attract this more than others, I think.

Just to show I'm not toxically positive...if you want to start a thread asking me if members laugh enough at my hilarious posts, I would have to vote in the negative. I struggle to know if it's because my humour is so advanced it transcends mere humans, or if it's due to them being too intimidated by my good looks and gravitas, resulting in them missing the punch line.

I’d tell you, but then it’d be nitpicking!

Actually though, I always read your posts using an intelligent voice with an accent. When you tell jokes, I read them as snarky. Could be your eloquent writing skills. However, there are many different forms of humor. For example, Brick kind of has a more direct, blunt way of telling jokes, which might work for certain jokes, not all, better in his writing style.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I’d tell you, but then it’d be nitpicking!

Actually though, I always read your posts using an intelligent voice with an accent. When you tell jokes, I read them as snarky. Could be your eloquent writing skills. However, there are many different forms of humor. For example, Brick kind of has a more direct, blunt way of telling jokes, which might work for certain jokes, not all, better in his writing style.

Hah! That's interesting.

Well, I'm an Australian, so from your point of view there is an accent. Intelligent is more a relative thing, but I guess I'm at least somewhat coherent.
And I have what is best described as a dry sense of humour. Snark is there, although mostly the more I pick on someone, the more I like them.
Oh, and for each joke I tell at someone else's expense, I try to tell one at my own expense.

(My humour is definitely an acquired taste. And in RL I regularly tell groan-inducing Dad jokes. It's the benefit of having kids who are too young to move out. Captive audience.)

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Ni picking can be quite a challenge..

Seriously though I somewhat agree with this complaint. As if standards of posting are a one way street. Informal discussion is better then formal debate. One might want to have 'debate and discussion' as an option instead of one or the other. Would that reduce nitpickings, I don't know!

The religious want to share ideas. The non religious want to debate and criticize those ideas. In general!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

It transcends