• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment for Trump

Riders

Theresa group cant remember which one not the FBI but one like that's threatening to impeach Trump if he gets into the office, I havnt gotten all the info. Does anyone want to clear it up for me?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
This may come as a shock to anyone who has seen any of my posts in this forum lately. But I am actually not a fan of Donald Trump.

That being said. If someone is elected by the people through the electoral process that has been established then they are President. It is not up to the Congress to ignore the will of the people.

If the President does something during their term that deserves impeachment then that is a different issue. But planning to impeach them before they come to office is undemocratic. Anyone who suggests such a thing should be ashamed.

That is why it is so important to vote and get it right in the first place.

Lighthouse

Theresa group cant remember which one not the FBI but one like that's threatening to impeach Trump if he gets into the office, I havnt gotten all the info. Does anyone want to clear it up for me?

I'm not sure it's boding too well for either candidate. Especially Trump, if elected. In my opinion, many of the Republican's and Democrats have already devised plans to have him stopped. I think many Republican's are currently pledging support for Donald in vain, just for their own personal elections or agenda. Perhaps even some Dem's with Hillary.

In my opinion, whoever is elected may not last very long.

As for information, it's really all speculation and nothing concrete. It's just common sense that it's not looking good for either at this current time.

Lighthouse

This may come as a shock to anyone who has seen any of my posts in this forum lately. But I am actually not a fan of Donald Trump.

That being said. If someone is elected by the people through the electoral process that has been established then they are President. It is not up to the Congress to ignore the will of the people.

If the President does something during their term that deserves impeachment then that is a different issue. But planning to impeach them before they come to office is undemocratic. Anyone who suggests such a thing should be ashamed.

For what's it's worth, very commendable what you have said here :).

Lighthouse

It would be a monsterous risk going against the people and populous. Very undemocratic.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist

Planning to violate human rights isn't good enough?
Got tons of video evidence for that.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No, it is not. If you got evidence of that use it to try to prevent that candidate from getting elected. If that candidate gets elected that is the will of the people.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
No, it is not. If you got evidence of that use it to try to prevent that candidate from getting elected. If that candidate gets elected that is the will of the people.

Then it would evolve into a conspiracy charge for those that are voting for him in favor of his potential future violations of human rights?

Too much of any one thing is bad, democracy is not special.
The will of the people depends on the quality of people.
A line needs to be put in place to never be crossed, and I think we've found it's location.

"Just saying, folks, he does want lots of people to be tortured..."

"We're cool with that."

I shouldn't have to advocate against someone who likes the idea of torturing people, he should just not be an option in the first place.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I recommend that all Democrats vote for Trump so that they can then have the pleasure of impeaching him.

freethinker44

I think the only thing worse than electing Trump president would be removing him from office.
Then we have to have Mike Pence as President.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sadly, I've tried. Even though Pence has factually stated the civil liberties of the LBGT community are beneath religious bigotry, I've actually been countered that Hillary poses just as equal a threat to civil liberties.
Personally, having my rights signed out of existence once already and a real chance of that happening again has made me rather bitter and jaded towards democracy. Hordes of ignorant yokels should not, ever, be allowed to set up something that strips away the rights of others. Seriously, in many cases, **** the will of the people! We aren't even supposed to be a Democracy for that very reason.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
According to my calendar today is November 4th. I don't know what is going to happen on November 8th, but we have not lost yet.
True, but to some, the societal issues that Pence highlights the ugliness of it, those issues are just of little concern, imaginary, and just not worth getting worked up over. Or Hillary is twisted into an anti-gun monster who is going to take everybody's guns, so we just have to take trade offs with the lost civil liberties. And there is also the more disgusting answer of "my religion says it, so I shouldn't even have to work with you." (yes, literally, they believe they shouldn't even have to share a workplace with the queers).
If you ask me, with Pence wanting to put the Bible first to guide legislation, and having done so in the past up to the point of denying science, stupidly questioning evolution (in a stupid manner, not being stupid to ask questions of it), and stripping the rights of minorities, he shouldn't even be allowed to hold public office, because so clearly he doesn't have the good of the public in general in mind.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
True, but to some, the societal issues that Pence highlights the ugliness of it, those issues are just of little concern, imaginary, and just not worth getting worked up over. Or Hillary is twisted into an anti-gun monster who is going to take everybody's guns, so we just have to take trade offs with the lost civil liberties. And there is also the more disgusting answer of "my religion says it, so I shouldn't even have to work with you." (yes, literally, they believe they shouldn't even have to share a workplace with the queers).
If you ask me, with Pence wanting to put the Bible first to guide legislation, and having done so in the past up to the point of denying science, stupidly questioning evolution (in a stupid manner, not being stupid to ask questions of it), and stripping the rights of minorities, he shouldn't even be allowed to hold public office, because so clearly he doesn't have the good of the public in general in mind.
I am just saying don't give up on democracy. I know things are scary, I am not saying they aren't. But the tide of history is not on the side of people like Mike Pence. There is reason to be afraid yes, but there is reason for hope as well.

Lighthouse

I agree, but all of the people would have to revolt and just stop voting.

Because the ones doing the impeaching would also be ones with the dirty hands in violating human rights.

Lighthouse

Sadly, I've tried. Even though Pence has factually stated the civil liberties of the LBGT community are beneath religious bigotry, I've actually been countered that Hillary poses just as equal a threat to civil liberties.
Personally, having my rights signed out of existence once already and a real chance of that happening again has made me rather bitter and jaded towards democracy. Hordes of ignorant yokels should not, ever, be allowed to set up something that strips away the rights of others. Seriously, in many cases, **** the will of the people! We aren't even supposed to be a Democracy for that very reason.

I think that this is misleading. You are mistaking religious "bigotry" for religious "freedom."

You are also mistaking "beneath" for "equal."

You are mistaking "discrimination" for something that wouldn't even discriminate.

If anything, I see this as a rant to discriminate the religious. I know you're better than that. Consider their rights too, if they don't discriminate or harm others.

Your rights are protected, and what Pence would be doing is also protecting the rights of religious. Best of both worlds.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think that this is misleading. You are mistaking religious "bigotry" for religious "freedom."
It is not misleading. I live in Indiana. I followed the RFRA news very closely. Basically, it was nothing more than a "Gay Jim Crow" law. That isn't freedom, it's bigotry.
You are also mistaking "beneath" for "equal."
Saying people can legally discriminate based on religious reasons is putting those they can discriminate against beneath religious beliefs, and is in no way something a society based on equality can tolerate.
You are mistaking "discrimination" for something that wouldn't even discriminate.
When people want to deny me, and those like me, service at a business, housing, employment, health care, that is discrimination. And that is exactly what Pence's RFRA attempted to do.