• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm in heaven!

argento_occhi

Sarcastically gifted
Well, Sebek's cool. Djehuty loves His chemistry labs. But, Bast's cool, and Aset and Yinepu and Wesir and Heru and Ra and Set and Nebet-Het and ... What the hell, I love Them all!

Sebek, Aset and Djehuty all have a special place in my heart though. Seshat too. Yes, I love all the Names. They just -- rock. Yeah. Dua Netjer!

Argent

jimbob

The Celt
The dog one, is that anubis? I also like the one with the hawk bill, is that horus? aaaaa, i can't remember their names.

Duwayitheru

Anubis is often shown as a jackal, or a human with the head of a jackal (a black dog like animal). However, Set is also shown as a dog type animal/ a human with the head of a dog like animal. I think he's more often shown in the color red however.

Horus is shown as a hawk, but so is Ra, and many other sun gods.

Finnyhaha

Anubis is the most well known canine deity, although Input, Set, and Wepwawet are also represented in similar forms.

Similarly, Horus is the main falcon deity, but is accompanies by the likes of Dunanwi, Khety-irty, Khenty-khety, Montu, Nemty, Re, Sokar, and Sopdu.

Hope that was useful. :)

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
Nut is pretty cool too...I mean, who other than the egyptians would have a cow for the godess of the sky?

Circle_One

Those I am most closely associated with and who have special places in my hearts are Isis, Osiris, Anubis and Ma'at.

jimbob

The Celt
Oh yeah, i also like the guy who wieghs a person heart on the scale. I forget his name. but if the person's heart is heavier than a feather, it gets eaten by a crocodile. But i forget that dudes name. I like him. He's super cool.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
actually the croc.. is Ammut, the soul eater. Ok, so he's only part croc, the rest is lion and hippo. He's one of my favorite critters of myth, everything nasty rolled into one thing. Except that I can't help but think of him and Anubis playing 'fetch' with bad souls.:jiggy:
http://www.egyptianmyths.net/ammut.htm

Anubis is a favorite of mine (biased I know)
But I've always loved Bast as well, and Sekhmet. Such a pair of opposites. (war and distruction vs. home, fire and protection)
I love the story of Sekhmet where the other Gods are worrying that Sekhmet was doing her thing too well and was going to wipe out all their worshipers, so they filled an artificial lake with blood colored beer and tricked her into drinking it all. She passed out drunk and has been a bit more restrained since. :D
Its nice to have girl that kicks butt and takes names. :jam:

wa:do

argento_occhi

Sarcastically gifted
Isn't Ammit supposed to be female? In all that i've read about Ammit, she is described as female. She is the Devourer.

Oh, and Bast and Sekhmet aren't traditionally associated. That would be Sekhmet-Het-Hert. Bast is connected to Aset.