• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm going to have a chance to visit a mosque

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
So I've a few questions if you don't mind :)
I'm traveling to the UK soon and I have some free time one of the afternoons. I know there's a mosque where I'm going and I'd love to sit down and talk face to face with someone about Islam.

Can I just walk up to the mosque and find an Imam?

How do I go about finding someone to talk to when I get there?
Thanks
SW

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Hi Stephen,

That's a good idea to think to visit a mosque. I believe it would be your first encouter with Muslims face to face :)
Yes, you can just ask to meet the imam of the mosque or someone who is knowledgeable about Islam who could answer your questions.
One thing you should know is that the mosque is a sacred place for worship, so if you enter it and find carpets you should take off your shoes. And of course you can sit there and see how Muslims pray.
Wish you a nice fruitful journey to UK :)

Peace

sandandfoam

Veteran Member

Yes, you can just ask to meet the imam of the mosque or someone who is knowledgeable about Islam who could answer your questions.

Thanks Peace,

Life is funny. I contacted the mosque to try and arrange to meet someone and the person who I got was Irish :). What are the chances?
I'm going in 3 weeks tomorrow, so I've plenty of time to think of my questions.

They are building a Mosque in Cork now, I know there is already a Mosque but this will be purpose built.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Thanks Peace,

You are welcome anytime Stephen :)

SW said:
Life is funny. I contacted the mosque to try and arrange to meet someone and the person who I got was Irish :). What are the chances?

Cool, that's a good beginning :D

SW said:
I'm going in 3 weeks tomorrow, so I've plenty of time to think of my questions.

Think of all the questions you have and you can think of and write them down so as not to forget any of them.
Have a nice successful trip Stephen!!!

Wishing you all the best!
Peace

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I went to one in Toronto:

I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot. And they also gave us really delicious snacks and water. I hope you have fun visiting one too. :D I don't have any advice though. We went as a group and the professors organized it.

Rough_ER

Just come to Manchester, every third person is Muslim. Come to think of it... every third building is a mosque!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey good luck there Stephen. Please tell us later on how things went with you overthere. I hope it will be a rich experience for you. :)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I went to one in Toronto:

I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot. And they also gave us really delicious snacks and water. I hope you have fun visiting one too. :D I don't have any advice though. We went as a group and the professors organized it.

what did the water taste like, was it delicious too? :D