• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm God and in love with you!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hello my child,
I'm God. I love you more than you could ever fathom, but if you don't believe in me, I'm not just going to kill you, its worse than death actually. I'm going to let you roast with maggots + worms in your flesh and torture forever and ever and ever....so please love me and love no one more than me lest I get jealous and find you guilty of idolatry.

Love me above all things, accept my son as your Lord and savior, or go to hell to experience excruciating pain forever. Don't forget, no one loves you as much as I do.

Does that sound healthy to you?

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Well, that is precisely the message the majority of Christians are giving to the world as God's messengers. "I love you...now turn to me or burn in hell."

It's amazing most Christians adhere to this and preach something so ludicrous. Id be embarrassed to preach such an unhealthy intolerant message about a version of love from an abusive, narcissistic, cruel, and intolerant, sociopathic Divinity.

Fortunately, you can be a Christian and reject that nonsense, but the majority of Christians do not.

If you believe that all who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to a place of eternal misery, please leave your comment on this thread in defense of why such a God is not vile and repulsive. Thanks!

MikeDwight

Of course Japan is Calvinisticly Predestined not to Accept Jesus Christ, which goes along way to explain early American Calvinistic-leaning Baptists and Presbyterians were low on international Missions, carry on.

InChrist

Free4ever
Hello my child,
I'm God. I love you more than you could ever fathom, but if you don't believe in me, I'm not just going to kill you, its worse than death actually. I'm going to let you roast with maggots + worms in your flesh and torture forever and ever and ever....so please love me and love no one more than me lest I get jealous and find you guilty of idolatry.

Love me above all things, accept my son as your Lord and savior, or go to hell to experience excruciating pain forever. Don't forget, no one loves you as much as I do.

Does that sound healthy to you?

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Well, that is precisely the message the majority of Christians are giving to the world as God's messengers. "I love you...now turn to me or burn in hell."

It's amazing most Christians adhere to this and preach something so ludicrous. Id be embarrassed to preach such an unhealthy intolerant message about a version of love from an abusive, narcissistic, cruel, and intolerant, sociopathic Divinity.

Fortunately, you can be a Christian and reject that nonsense, but the majority of Christians do not.

If you believe that all who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to a place of eternal misery, please leave your comment on this thread in defense of why such a God is not vile and repulsive. Thanks!
I would be embarrassed to post such a slanderous caricature of God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would be embarrassed to post such a slanderous caricature of God.
It's an example of the God that most Christians portray with a different choice of words. I think they are committing the worst crimes against God by portraying someone so cruel, intolerant, and irrational.

They drive rational people away from God by painting such a picture of him.

I'm not saying that is the God I know. The God I know is more merciful than any human.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I spent years in a monastery trying to be a monk in agony because I thought so many souls were going to hell, and I needed to do everything in my power to stop it.

I've come to realize that God can be reasonable and reasoned with to recognize all that as asinine. Why form billions of children in the womb destined for such an eternal fate?

It is unhealthy for me and anybody psychologically to believe in such a God and to believe in such consequences awaiting billions of people.

InChrist

Free4ever
It's an example of the God that most Christians portray with a different choice of words. I think they are committing the worst crimes against God by portraying someone so cruel, intolerant, and irrational.

They drive rational people away from God by painting such a picture of him.

I'm not saying that is the God I know. The God I know is more merciful than any human.

It doesn't matter whether you or off base Christians give a wrong picture of God. It is still slander and in many cases mockery. The reality is that Jesus gave more warning about eternal damnation because to be separated from the living Creator God, who is our only Source of breath, life, love. peace, joy,and Who we were created to be in relationship with, will be an eternity of torment...self-torment.

God's love desires something different for everyone...eternal love.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It doesn't matter whether you or off base Christians give a wrong picture of God. It is still slander and in many cases mockery. The reality is that Jesus gave more warning about eternal damnation because to be separated from the living Creator God, who is our only Source of breath, life, love. peace, joy,and Who we were created to be in relationship with, will be an eternity of torment...self-torment.

God came as a man, to save us from Himself, so that we may not burn by His wrath, and wants worship as a result?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
That is a false caricature of the gospel, in my perspective.

It probably is. For the record, I think Christianity is important, but I think what PopeADope was trying to say was, "Christian Fundamentalism creates a very uneasy picture of God."

If you want to see false caricatures, turn on the 700 Club. You can't necessarily demean people or faiths by pointing out when they demean themselves.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

If I offended God, I repent, but the God most Christians are describing is full of cruelty and irrational decisions.

God can stop suffering even in hell and let people in hell change their minds and rehabilitate. God can do anything. If he is more merciful than I, he will grant it.

MikeDwight

Ya? ya right well, they only have this extremism as an idea from the 60's and who care about Asians and Asian outcomes? This is like the movie "Hair", man, dig it? We're a country of Korean Presbyterians 90% and Vietnamese Catholics 90% and we have to consider what our parents generation got out of all these peace settlements, man, peace out. This is a bunch of people that ended the war with John Lennon's "Imagine" and "So This is Christmas", right, and people openly against both God And wars in Asia. Otherwise, they wouldn't even have this mindset on us today, our parents. They wouldn't have this automatic pilot about question religion.

InChrist

Free4ever
It probably is. For the record, I think Christianity is important, but I think what PopeADope was trying to say was, "Christian Fundamentalism creates a very uneasy picture of God."

If you want to see false caricatures, turn on the 700 Club. You can't necessarily demean people or faiths by pointing out when they demean themselves.
Understandable. I don't like the 700club and a lot of televangelists, but I neither do I think the subject of one's eternal destiny should be trivialized.

InChrist

Free4ever
If I offended God, I repent, but the God most Christians are describing is full of cruelty and irrational decisions.

God can stop suffering even in hell and let people in hell change their minds and rehabilitate. God can do anything. If he is more merciful than I, he will grant it.
How do you know what God can or should do? Instead of imposing your own ideas and decreeing what you think God should do, how about seeking His wisdom and insight about what He is doing?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How do you know what God can or should do? Instead of imposing your own ideas and decreeing what you think God should do, how about seeking His wisdom and insight about what He is doing?
I pray every day for the grace to be one in mind heart and will with the father son and Holy Spirit.

God doesnt want it. God wants us to contend with him.

Israel means contender with God.

InChrist

Free4ever
I spent years in a monastery trying to be a monk in agony because I thought so many souls were going to hell, and I needed to do everything in my power to stop it.
Well, you started this thread with " Hello my child, I'm God". So I guess thinking you have the power to save others goes along with such a grandiose illusion.

InChrist

Free4ever
I pray every day for the grace to be one in mind heart and will with the father son and Holy Spirit.

God doesnt want it. God wants us to contend with him.

Israel means contender with God.
I don't think praying or repentance mean anything if one is not sincere in following through and changing direction and trusting God instead of fighting against Him. You are not Israel.