• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm God and in love with you!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't think praying or repentance mean anything if one is not sincere in following through and changing direction and trusting God instead of fighting against Him. You are not Israel.
God blesses people for interesting deeds, like Jacob receiving blessings through lies, deception, and even violence against God.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Hello my child,
I'm God. I love you more than you could ever fathom, but if you don't believe in me, I'm not just going to kill you, its worse than death actually. I'm going to let you roast with maggots + worms in your flesh and torture forever and ever and ever....so please love me and love no one more than me lest I get jealous and find you guilty of idolatry.

Love me above all things, accept my son as your Lord and savior, or go to hell to experience excruciating pain forever. Don't forget, no one loves you as much as I do.

Does that sound healthy to you?

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Well, that is precisely the message the majority of Christians are giving to the world as God's messengers. "I love you...now turn to me or burn in hell."

It's amazing most Christians adhere to this and preach something so ludicrous. Id be embarrassed to preach such an unhealthy intolerant message about a version of love from an abusive, narcissistic, cruel, and intolerant, sociopathic Divinity.

Fortunately, you can be a Christian and reject that nonsense, but the majority of Christians do not.

If you believe that all who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to a place of eternal misery, please leave your comment on this thread in defense of why such a God is not vile and repulsive. Thanks!

If I had to speak in my Church, I'd say God leaves it mysterious about whether he's actually going to punish people.

danieldemol

Premium Member
How do you know what God can or should do? Instead of imposing your own ideas and decreeing what you think God should do, how about seeking His wisdom and insight about what He is doing?
But it seems to me like you are the one imposing the ideas of ancient men upon God instead of seeking God’s wisdom and insight.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
So to read the christian bible you have to assume God is innocent, and everyone he killed, or commanded to kill was evil. You have to accept that it takes the innocent to take the punishment for the guilty to reconcile the guilty back to God by the condition of repentance, faith, and belief in this promise and act of sacrifice. You have to assume that God is the ultimate good, and every human stands enemy against God in there wickedness until they accept God's conditions.

So we are supposed to test God, and prove God by comparing scripture to reality. And by some God spiritual presence we are supposed to know that it is all true some 2,000 years after the last account.

And if we do not accept that this is all true we are to be marked as infidels by the believers. And if believers ever gain power then they will have us live and die by their God's ultimatum.

Did i get that quite right?

Are their other forms of christianity?

Because that sounds like utter chaos to have to live under those terms.

Its far more sensible to see the bible as a man made book, written from an extremely human perspective. Human in the sense of being very primitive and full of error, and ignorance.

Some of these religions i find extremely unjust and oppressive. And i wonder how long christianity and its war with humanity will rage on for. Hopefully better consciences will prevail.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I would be embarrassed to post such a slanderous caricature of God.
Caricature is just caricature

Imagine how embarrassed you could be if you actually believed (some of) this caricature to be true (I have seen quite a few on RF who actually believe quite a few of @PopeADope caricature expressions)

stvdv

How do you know what God can or should do? Instead of imposing your own ideas and decreeing what you think God should do, how about seeking His wisdom and insight about what He is doing?

If I offended God ... God can do anything
IMHO: No human has the right to tell to @PopeADope "You offended God"

Who are they to know and say, whether or not God feels offended by what @PopeADope said?

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hello my child,
I'm God. I love you more than you could ever fathom, but if you don't believe in me, I'm not just going to kill you, its worse than death actually. I'm going to let you roast with maggots + worms in your flesh and torture forever and ever and ever....so please love me and love no one more than me lest I get jealous and find you guilty of idolatry.

Love me above all things, accept my son as your Lord and savior, or go to hell to experience excruciating pain forever. Don't forget, no one loves you as much as I do.

Well, that is precisely the message the majority of Christians are giving to the world as God's messengers. "I love you...now turn to me or burn in hell."

It's amazing most Christians adhere to this and preach something so ludicrous. Id be embarrassed to preach such an unhealthy intolerant message about a version of love from an abusive, narcissistic, cruel, and intolerant, sociopathic Divinity.

Fortunately, you can be a Christian and reject that nonsense, but the majority of Christians do not.

If you believe that all who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to a place of eternal misery, please leave your comment on this thread in defense of why such a God is not vile and repulsive. Thanks!
The boat these people are missing is that none of us can be whole and well until all of us are whole and well. Including the earth.

Dutchie

If I offended God, I repent, but the God most Christians are describing is full of cruelty and irrational decisions.

God can stop suffering even in hell and let people in hell change their minds and rehabilitate. God can do anything. If he is more merciful than I, he will grant it.

They had a lifetime to give themselves to Him. While He gave His son for us. You can't take without giving. He gave His sons life for you, give your life for Him. You can't just go around sinning and not believing in God and honoring Him and then when you end up in hell go like "Oh well I guess God is real anyway, Hey God I don't like it here. Can you please take me to haven even though I have done nothing to you?"
Nah you do something for Him and He will do something for you. Just like in real life. I put my trust in Him and He will protect me.
I want you to respect me, I have to respect you. I can't go around insulting you and talking bad behind your back and then expect you to still be nice to me and respect me.
It goes both ways.
I typed way more then I intended to so I am going to leave it at that haha.

stvdv

I disagree that "Jesus gave warning about eternal damnation

Jesus condemned the three cities for a fate worse than Gomorrah and Sodom.
Do we have "real" scientific proof that Jesus said this? I just don't believe every verse in the Bible to be true.

And futhermore, that's still a big difference from eternal damnation. Anyway, I don't believe in eternal damnation at all. I can understand humans watching too many videos about Hell and damnation finally start believing in this and see this also in Jesus, I just don't

Last edited:
I can leave a comment on how I used to believe:

OT: Wow, that's hard to swallow that the God I worship seemed so cruel to people He created. It must be that (and often quoted by Christians) "God has mysterious ways that we don't have to capacity to understand now". The cultures were given the chance and refused to worship the one and only true God, so it must be that they deserve to die. This is the Word of God and I have to believe it, because I want to be saved from Hell.

NT: Wow, that's a long, long, time to suffer in unimaginable torment for not believing in Jesus. "God has mysterious ways that we cannot understand now", but unless I want to be tortured forever and ever, I have to believe that God knows best and have to accept that my understanding is limited. But what about these people who are good, and they are still going to hell because they don't believe in Jesus? Yes, not one person is good because the Word says so; all have fallen short of the glory of God. It doesn't matter how many good deeds they do because of the goodness of their hearts. They are still sinners because they don't believe. This is the Word of God and I have to believe, because I want to be saved from Hell.

RT (real testament): Wow, these scriptures contradict each other and I cannot find a way to reconcile them. If God is perfect then His Word should be perfect, and yet there are errors along with these contradictions.

Fiction, Jewish history (some elaborate tales added), fictitious god, or misunderstood ancient alien "god", collection of stories, letters written with errors, borrowed fables from other cultures. Man made religion to control people by fear.

I no longer call myself a Christian. I can still have Christian kindness without religion, and in addition, expands outside of biblical limits.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Do we have "real" scientific proof that Jesus said this? I just don't believe every verse in the Bible to be true.

And futhermore, that's still a big difference from eternal damnation. Anyway, I don't believe in eternal damnation at all. I can understand humans watching too many videos about Hell and damnation finally start believing in this and see this also in Jesus, I just don't
Do we have any proof that Jesus said this thing or that thing? It is in all the four Gospels. I would not say anything more than what Bible itself says.

"Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee."
Mathew 11:20-24

lostwanderingsoul

Hello my child,

Most "Christians" are not following the teachings of the Bible. God does not torture people. This is a belief started by Satan to hide the truth from people.