• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm God and in love with you!

Most "Christians" are not following the teachings of the Bible. God does not torture people. This is a belief started by Satan to hide the truth from people.
The foundation of the Christian faith is the bible as the Word of God. The punishment promised if one does not believe is all written within the pages.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Do we have any proof that Jesus said this thing or that thing? It is in all the four Gospels. I would not say anything more than what Bible itself says.
Yes, of course it's in all 4 Gospels. If one wants to create a bestseller, one better take care the content is a bit consistent.

With all the sex abuse cover up of the Church, I would not be surprised if they did some editing/changes in the original verses.

But maybe you are right and we can trust all verses in the Bible blindly to be original. I hope so. Would make reading much easier

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is just not possible to know what Jesus might have said (taken that Jesus is historical).
Even the first Gospel was written half a century after his death. The others are from even later times.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Hello my child,
I'm God. I love you more than you could ever fathom, but if you don't believe in me, I'm not just going to kill you, its worse than death actually. I'm going to let you roast with maggots + worms in your flesh and torture forever and ever and ever....so please love me and love no one more than me lest I get jealous and find you guilty of idolatry.

Love me above all things, accept my son as your Lord and savior, or go to hell to experience excruciating pain forever. Don't forget, no one loves you as much as I do.

Does that sound healthy to you?

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Well, that is precisely the message the majority of Christians are giving to the world as God's messengers. "I love you...now turn to me or burn in hell."

It's amazing most Christians adhere to this and preach something so ludicrous. Id be embarrassed to preach such an unhealthy intolerant message about a version of love from an abusive, narcissistic, cruel, and intolerant, sociopathic Divinity.

Fortunately, you can be a Christian and reject that nonsense, but the majority of Christians do not.

If you believe that all who die without accepting Jesus as Lord and savior go to a place of eternal misery, please leave your comment on this thread in defense of why such a God is not vile and repulsive. Thanks!

Actually, it sounds very human. I know you like the idea of a God (well, you probably don't like the idea of a God) who is somehow perfectly healthy and well-adjusted. Who loves us without expectation, has nothing he needs from us, and is perfectly sane.
Okay then, let me ask you a direct question. Do perfect people tend to have children?
No. Because they tend not to need a woman or a man, they're okay just by themselves. Dyfunctional people have children. Messed up people need to create stuff to keep them company.

But having said this, there are a couple of flaws in your thinking. The first is what is called Morton's Fork. That is, two ideas that both reach the same conclusion:
  1. If you really don't care about religion, I can pretty much guarantee that you will do everything you can to not have any sort of consciousness or existence after death.
  2. If you do care about religion, I'm pretty sure you'll care about it enough to receive Christ's grace.
So in either case, I don't think you have to worry about anything. No worries, you're cool.

Second, most Christians, if you bothered to actually listen would tell you plainly that whatever priest told you this crap was a fearmongering *******, and what he should have told you about was grace. That this is the real truth of the matter.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Read that again. I said he was a fearmongering *******. What, you thought I meant the quote?

God is insane sometimes, and can be sadistic... but in no way does God turn his back on us and send us to punishment. In fact, most of punishment is actually because of this.

What Was "the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" For? — Knowing Scripture

Humans because of good and evil, now have distorted perceptions of everything. Eating chocolate! Chocolate actually contains a healthful compound called theobromine, but ask half of the female population, and they will tell you that chocolate is morally wrong and will immediately make you fat. The truth is, this world is good and evil, not good or evil, so everything is in proper accord. So what is sin, really? It's the feeling of separation of "nobody can love me now." Worm-food? Fire and brimstone? Bah!!! You can't get any worse than feeling isolated or unloved. This is punishment.

I should actually use "punishment" in scare quotes because it is not actually real. You see, while nothing can really separate us, plenty of things can convince us of suffering.