• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm against abortion myself, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alceste

Vagabond
O.K..and hopefully you and I can also get pregnant tonight (on purpose) and later we can go have an abortion together.. :)...I cant wait!..I knew I would find someone just like me to be friends with if I just waited long enough.Look at all we have in common!

Love(your twinkie)

Dallas

Woo! I'll grab Mr. Wampus and you grab Mr. Apple and we can get this show on the road!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Woo! I'll grab Mr. Wampus and you grab Mr. Apple and we can get this show on the road!

Hey why do that???..Arent we going to rape some boys anyway..We could source out the youngest ones but are already shootin bullets!..Im sure if we aim for about 12 to 14 year olds to rape we will get the job done if we rape enough of them!

Then afterwards we can kill two birds with one stone and murder them and eat them for dinner!(three birds with one stone if we only rape kill and eat Jew boys!)... :drool:

Love Ya

Dallas

Alceste

Vagabond
Hey why do that???..Arent we going to rape some boys anyway..We could source out the youngest ones but are already shootin bullets!..Im sure if we aim for about 12 to 14 year olds to rape we will get the job done if we rape enough of them!

Then afterwards we can kill two birds with one stone and murder them and eat them for dinner!(three birds with one stone if we anly rape Jew boys!)... :drool:

Love Ya

Dallas

ROFL! *tears of mirth*. That sounds epic. I'll get my coat.

Evelyn

Well you shouldnt have drawn the comparison then.Which you clearly did.
Excuse me? I made no such connections. The connections were made by you.

Seriously, just take it with a grain of salt and extract the point I'm trying to make then play victim and draw connections I didn't make.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Excuse me? I made no such connections. The connections were made by you.

Seriously, just take it with a grain of salt and extract the point I'm trying to make then play victim and draw connections I didn't make.

Why then ..when discussing "allowing abortion" would you say should "those people"(cannibalist,rapist,and pedophiles) be allowed to continue?..And earlier you said it sounded a little "Hitler" for a father who "wanted" his unborn child to be able to stop the mother from aborting.

YOU drew the connection..And Im finished with discussing whether you did or didnt.

Dallas

Evelyn

Why then ..when discussing "allowing abortion" would you say should "those people"(cannibalist,rapist,and pedophiles) be allowed to continue?..And earlier you said it sounded a little "Hitler" for a father who "wanted" his unborn child to be able to stop the mother from aborting.

YOU drew the connection..And Im finished with discussing whether you did or didnt.

Dallas
Ok, you have a good day.

You should really read what I said and what connections I was drawing.

Apparently you know what's on my mind better then I do.

SoyLeche

meh...
That it is common, I agree with you there.... but that's the point of the thread (I think) that some of us find this concept a bit absurd.... seems to me personally that it's an "either-or" kinda deal.

For example:
  • I believe hunting for sport is evil..... unless you are really, really bored.
  • I believe it is important to always tell the truth..... that's why I'm President of the United States.
See what confuses me?

Does it really just boil down to the "when does life start" question?

Thanks Draka
S
I've been away for a couple of hours, so I am a bit behind.

I don't think the point of the thread is to say that one can't be pro-choice and anti-abortion. That is not only possible, it's a somewhat reasonable position (not one I agree with, but it's reasonable at least). The thing is, the terms used imply different things. Pro-choice is NOT the opposite of pro-life, and pro-life is NOT the opposite of pro-choice.

I would be that most people who are pro-choice will tell you that they don't approve of abortion, but they approve of giving the woman the choice. I doubt there are very many people at all who are "pro-abortion". It isn't a matter of whether or not you "approve" of abortion, it is about whether or not abortion should be legal. Those are different issues.

logician

I'm pro choice, because I believe the woman should be able to control her own body according to her own beliefs, not according to the beliefs of the church down the street, or a nanny state.

SoyLeche

meh...
I'm pro choice, because I believe the woman should be able to control her own body according to her own beliefs, not according to the beliefs of the church down the street, or a nanny state.
[really shouldn't go here, but will anyway]
I doubt you really do. You don't actually believe that a woman should be able to control her body in such a way that she causes it to take a knife and use it to kill her neighbor, do you?
[/really shouldn't go here, but will anyway]

blackout

Violet.
I mean support as in, yes, she has the right to terminate taht pregnancy. You don't have to physically stop them from going. You can say basically, I don't hink you should go, it is wrong. I didn't think it was that difficult of a concept.

Isn't that just another example of
"I'm against abortion myself,
(and I disagree with what you are going to do), but....
(I will not actually do anything to stop you from choosing differently)?

All I'm saying is,
you most definately CAN be "anti-abortion"
(personally against abortion)
AND
"pro-choice"
(not standing in the way of people choosing/making decisions for themselves)
(ie...for free will)
AT THE SAME TIME.

People make choices all the time.
I make choices every day.
We each make countless choices how to live our respective lives.
I personally choose not to get involved in "policing" people.
It's just not what I choose to do. :shrug:
This is no reflection however
of what I personally think of other people's choices.

I choose to talk honestly with people I am close with.
People I have a connection with, or a personal bond with.
I choose not to interject myself in the business of other's however.
(People outside my close personal sphere that is)

Sure, if someone is being blatantly harmed
right there in the sphere of my personal "space"
I will do what I can to stop the hurting.
That would be my choice, to try and stop the pain.
If I could. Or obviously try and get someone who could.

In the end,
we each will make our choices anyway
as we are able.
Some of us will do more damage along the way than others.
But such is the way of humanity aparantely.

Since the only choices I really have any control over anyway
are MY OWN....
that is where I personally choose to focus.

Scott1

All I'm saying is,
you most definately CAN be "anti-abortion"
(personally against abortion)
AND
"pro-choice"
(not standing in the way of people choosing/making decisions for themselves)
(ie...for free will)
AT THE SAME TIME.
How does that work... this "not standing in the way of people choosing/making decisions for themselves"?

Does it apply to other situations of life and death or only this one?

If a person was about to kill themselves and you had the power to stop them, would you not "stand in the way" of their free choice?

I'm not trying to be mean... I'm just REALLY shocked and sad at this... I refuse to believe that such sensible people can bury their heads in the sand on such vital and important issues. :confused:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If a person was about to kill themselves and you had the power to stop them, would you not "stand in the way" of their free choice?

I know you didnt direct this to me..but in some circumstances I would not stand in the way of a person fixing to kill themselves..

Look at September 11th for starters..would you if you had the "power" stopped the people who jumped from jumping?People doomed? And if so why and what gave you the right to choose for them?

Dallas

Scott1

Look at September 11th for starters..would you if you had the "power" stopped the people who jumped from jumping?People doomed? And if so why and what gave you the right to choose for them?
I could understand if you objected to helping a suicide attempt..... but you would let innocent people die?

Choose for them? Are you insane? Burn or jump was for some their only choice... and you wouldn't save them even if you could?

That's just plain sick.....

I'm trying to be nice here... but WHAT THE DEUCE? :eek:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I could understand if you objected to helping a suicide attempt..... but you would let innocent people die?

Choose for them? Are you insane? Burn or jump was for some their only choice... and you wouldn't save them even if you could?

That's just plain sick.....

I'm trying to be nice here... but WHAT THE DEUCE? :eek:

You are not "trying to be nice"...

I never said I wouldnt "save them if I could"...

Now Im "plain sick"...?

Dallas

blackout

Violet.
How does that work... this "not standing in the way of people choosing/making decisions for themselves"?

Pretty much the same way it works with your God.

Does it apply to other situations of life and death or only this one?

Does your god not have the power to stop them?
Why does "he" not stand in the way?

I'm not trying to be mean... I'm just REALLY shocked and sad at this... I refuse to believe that such sensible people can bury their heads in the sand on such vital and important issues. :confused:

I'm not trying to be mean... but did you actually read the rest of my post?

You may rely on lying politicians if you like.
Or picket signs, or throwing yourself in front of clinic doors...

But honestly I'm doing all I can to simply support myself
and my own children not just economically,
but as unique individuals in a world that demands conformity.
My family is the bounds of my ability to respond (response-ability).

If you feel called to police the world,
if you feel you can, and want to
that would be your choice.

My eldest daughter never wants to have children.
She will have her tubes tied before she even begins courting.
Smart. It is her ability to respond.
It's called making a choice.

Scott1

I never said I wouldnt "save them if I could"...
Sorry if I got it wrong.... but it seemed clear enough:

Look at September 11th for starters..would you if you had the "power" stopped the people who jumped from jumping?
Who in their right mind would answer "no" to this question?

And if so why and what gave you the right to choose for them?
Who in their right mind would contend that choosing to save a person who jumps from a burning building is not a 100% obvious choice?
Now Im "plain sick"...?
To be honest... I've never been formally trained in the mental health field.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Pretty much the same way it works with your God.

Does your god not have the power to stop them?
Why does "he" not stand in the way?

I'm not trying to be mean... but did you actually read the rest of my post?

You may rely on lying politicians if you like.
Or picket signs, or throwing yourself in front of clinic doors...

But honestly I'm doing all I can to simply support myself
and my own children not just economically,
but as unique individuals in a world that demands conformity.
My family is the bounds of my ability to respond (response-ability).

If you feel called to police the world,
if you feel you can, and want to
that would be your choice.

My eldest daughter never wants to have children.
She will have her tubes tied before she even begins courting.
Smart. It is her ability to respond.
It's called making a choice.

Your daugther is "preventing murder and suicide and child molestation ..and drunk driving and rape and eating humans for dinner..bank robbery..good for her!

Hi five her for me!

Love

Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.