• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm against abortion myself, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Very brave post, Dallas. I hope the dogmatic and insensitive posters in this thread will find it in themselves to be humble enough to take it all in and respond from the heart rather than just repeating their tired old bumper-sticker morals and calling it a day.

Thanks for the words of kindness.Sometimes I feel like I have to say something.Other times I just sit back and listen to what a monster I am..And what about my husband?He approved of me doing it and took me thier.I guess now we should get a family member to take our kids in or socia services should remove them while he and I go do some serious jail time.We can tell our "born" children mommy and daddy are going to jail for murdering thier siblings. I suppose they would just have to deal with it.

Also I say somethign sometimes because I can gurantee you I am not the only woman reading this thread that has had one or more abortions.Not a lot of woman come forward and talk about it openly for fear of the "stoning" they will endure.Sometimes I feel defensive and protective of the other women lurking out there..

Blessings

Dallas

pro life means the natural order (keeping human race alive) but since there already are so many people the urge to keep the human race alive is gone/suppresed and then you get the people who want to just life there own life more confortably

just think are you able to to tell a five year old that you aborted his brother/sister because she/he was born at a inconvinient time (without sugar coating the truth)

Alceste

Vagabond
What a load of....

You know, it's just unfortunate you have to paint us in such a way. As if we were oblivious to the fact that a women could be in pain and she needs people around her.

It truly is sad that it's seen as an attempt to bring down the women to the archaic days, rather then attempt to save lives.

I'm sorry if you're offended. I didn't have anyone specific in mind, I've just seen the "m" word come up in this thread, which to me is a little... bumper sticker ish. It's something people often toss out there carelessly, thinking what exactly? That those of us that have had abortions will suddenly repent? Are we supposed to say "Oh wow, I'm a murderer! I never realized my decision ended a human life until you pointed it out to me!"

One thing people often don't seem to realize is that there will almost always be a few women who have had an abortion within earshot. (Or in this case, eyeshot).

SoyLeche

meh...
Who said anything about feelings? I don't care if he understands how it feels or not. The fact of the matter is, he will never, ever find himself in that position. EVER. And I have a problem with people deciding what will or will not happen to someone else when they're completely exempt from it ever happening to them.

But this is also off-topic.
He'll never find himself in a position where a woman gets to choose whether or not his child lives??? Are you sure?

Alceste

Vagabond
Thanks for the words of kindness.Sometimes I feel like I have to say something.Other times I just sit back and listen to what a monster I am..And what about my husband?He approved of me doing it and took me thier.I guess now we should get a family member to take our kids in or socia services should remove them while he and I go do some serious jail time.We can tell our "born" children mommy and daddy are going to jail for murdering thier siblings. I suppose they would just have to deal with it.

Also I say somethign sometimes because I can gurantee you I am not the only woman reading this thread that has had one or more abortions.Not a lot of woman come forward and talk about it openly for fear of the "stoning" they will endure.Sometimes I feel defensive and protective of the other women lurking out there..

Blessings

Dallas

Well, you're braver than I am anyway. *hug*

Don't worry about the "jail" comment - that guy's probably 12.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I am starting to get upset with this line of thought. Too many people say they are pro life when they really are not. They always use the line, "I am personally against it, but I can't tell others what to do" or something to that effect. If you support other womens right to choose to have an abortion or not, YOU'RE PRO CHOICE, regardless of how you presonally feel. Retorts?

Well, it's like free speech. You can disagree with what someone says without feeling that they should be forcefully silenced.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
pro life means the natural order (keeping human race alive) but since there already are so many people the urge to keep the human race alive is gone/suppresed and then you get the people who want to just life there own life more confortably
The "natural order" is actually more about individuals concerned for their own lives. Race survival is just the outcome of many individuals striving for their own life and comfort.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Sometimes I feel like I have to say something.Other times I just sit back and listen to what a monster I am

I remember what Jesus said to the men who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery-- "he who is without sin may cast the first stone". In fact, the next time someone calls you a monster (or whatever) it may be a good idea to bring that story up to him or her.

SoyLeche

meh...
I personally might feel the same way..IOW if I had a father who felt that way I might say well then "get away from me and my baby"...But I dont think "legally" that men shoudl be able to just walk off..Its not about the mother or the father.Its about the child thats already here.Why should they be at the disadvantage simply because thier mother decided not to abort them against the fathers wishes?

Blessings

Dallas
I think, at the end of the day, the point of this line of thought isn't "father's should be free of responsibility", it is "the father should have some legal say into whether or not the mother has an abortion".

There would obviously need to be concessions for rape, incest, and "I don't know who my baby-daddy is".

The "natural order" is actually more about individuals concerned for their own lives. Race survival is just the outcome of many individuals striving for their own life and comfort.

natural order is also safty in numbers

Evelyn

I'm sorry if you're offended. I didn't have anyone specific in mind, I've just seen the "m" word come up in this thread, which to me is a little... bumper sticker ish. It's something people often toss out there carelessly, thinking what exactly? That those of us that have had abortions will suddenly repent? Are we supposed to say "Oh wow, I'm a murderer! I never realized my decision ended a human life until you pointed it out to me!"

One thing people often don't seem to realize is that there will almost always be a few women who have had an abortion within earshot. (Or in this case, eyeshot).
Understand that pro-lifers like pro-choicers can be as different to how they express themselves and how they perceive the whole thing.

I have absolutely no desire (and flat out object) to supress women rights. Read that again because I think this is often missed about pro-lifers.

But...we live in a world of hierarchial morals (and you don't have to be religious for this). Where one right supercedes another.

In this case, I do believe in women's rights, but not at the expense of an innocent life.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, you're braver than I am anyway. *hug*

Don't worry about the "jail" comment - that guy's probably 12.

Ha ha ha!!! You're probably right..Or at least he sounds like one..

And trust me I dont consider myself brave..But thanks anyway..

((((Hugs back to you)))) (I cant frubal you again it said I have to spread them around first !! )

Love

Dallas

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Well, it's like free speech. You can disagree with what someone says without feeling that they should be forcefully silenced.

Yea but in this case it doesn't apply. The definition of Pro Life is different from what some people think it is. Pro Life means you protect the sanctity of life, no matter what the instance was that the person became pregnant. YOu can't say I am pro life myself but support women's right to choose. That makes you pro choice.

blackout

Violet.
I'm not debating the morality of abortion. Please keep on topic. Read the OP in order to respond. I don't think being pro-choice means pro-abortion, but my point is, if you support otehrs people's right to choose to terminate a pregnancy, you are pro choice.

And what constitutes "support"?

Does simply not forceably getting in people's way
(ie. not policing and jailing them)
equate "support"?

God does not forceably get in people's way of having abortions...
Does that make God pro-choice?
God does not forceably get in people's way of doing anything.
That would make God pro-choice in all circumstances.
(including out of the womb murder/theft/rape etc etc etc)

Yes, I am pro-choice in the same capacity God is.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This is off topic.
I have to say that I am very glad that such a heated issue can be discussed with civility. I appreciate that. I have been in other abortion discussions on other boards and I couldn't stay in them because people just couldn't be civil.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
And what constitutes "support"?

Does simply not forceably getting in people's way
(ie. not policing and jailing them)
equate "support"?

God does not forceably get in people's way of having abortions...
Does that make God pro-choice?
God does not forceably get in people's way of doing anything.
That would make God pro-choice in all circumstances.
(including out of the womb murder/theft/rape etc etc etc)

Yes, I am pro-choice in the same capacity God is.

I mean support as in, yes, she has the right to terminate taht pregnancy. You don't have to physically stop them from going. You can say basically, I don't hink you should go, it is wrong. I didn't think it was that difficult of a concept.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
This is off topic.
I have to say that I am very glad that such a heated issue can be discussed with civility. I appreciate that. I have been in other abortion discussions on other boards and I couldn't stay in them because people just couldn't be civil.

That's because of the great OP!!! ;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think, at the end of the day, the point of this line of thought isn't "father's should be free of responsibility", it is "the father should have some legal say into whether or not the mother has an abortion".

There would obviously need to be concessions for rape, incest, and "I don't know who my baby-daddy is".

I disagree..Your talking about a man beign able to force a woman to have a surgery against her will that is not "medically necessary"..Or a man beign able to force a woman to carry a child for nine months and give birth against her will..I mean what exactly is "legal say"..If a man could override a womans decision especially to NOT have an abortion you are talkign about the equivelant of rape..For someone to be able to legally have say so in a woman aborting her child against her will not only are you stealing and robbing from her at the time you are forcing her to live the rest of her life mourning over her lost baby.....Having said that? I do wish my husband was dead set against it and adamently was opposed to me having one.I think he might have been a little or a lot more careful and so woudl have I.

Maybe I got you wrong or misunderstood you...

Blessings

Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.